Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
pb02
inconceivable!

Default New Focus accessories and Tint?

Just about to sign up for a new Focus S for my wife today and have a couple of questions for owners.
Are there any accessories that are must have? I was thinking about just asking for floor mats as the S comes equiped with most of the stuff we need. (sat nav, rear camera, parking sensors)
Also with the tint, we have a newborn and 15 month in the back so I want to go for the darkest legal tint. Is it better to source that after we take delivery or just get the dealer to do it? Also any idea on what it should cost?

Thanks all.

Btw we are looking at going with Midnight sky colour. It will be my wifes first car so she is excited, we had been tossing up between this and the i30. Love the i30 interior but the Focus S interior is also great and the exterior looks better than the i30 imho.

pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
jonohoang

Default Re: New Focus accessories and Tint?

Definitely get the Focus over the i30, had my Titanium since March last year and could not be happier with it. Would definitely recommend it!

I would recommend getting a tint through 3rd party and not your dealer. Tint-a-car do an amazing job, I went with Octane and its the darkest legal tint. I think I paid $350 on top of my head, I cant remember. But they usually have specials during certain periods.

Get the Premium ford focus mats, they add a nice touch to the interior and are not too expensive.

Midnight Sky is a very nice colour.
Frozen White and Midnight Sky were the two colours we were tossing up with.
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
chrisorm

If the popout door protector is available now I'd get that. Supposedly they were coming available in Australia this month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7S_fp0xVc

I'm hoping they come available to order for already delivered cars. I checked my doors (ST) and it seems like I have the holes with a plastic cover over them. It's just a matter of the door internals being compatible or not.
chrisorm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Foconatic

Yes, the Focus premium floor mats are a must.

And I also recommend Tint-a-car who did mine. I have always wondered about the darkest legal tint. Because some up market cars have pirvacy glass to the rear screen and rear doors which seem/are darker than some darkest legal tints. I dont know if the rules have changed but you could block out all glass except for the front windows ( and front w/screen of course). Ask the tint people.

Our car is Midnight Sky, we love it. Hope you have fun with yours.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
SuperSal-SA
Starter Motor

The scuff plates look really good: I think they were standard on the MKI Sport but they aren't on the MKII.

I'm pretty sure the premium floor mats only suit the MKI, the ones shown on the Ford website for the MKII don't look anywhere near as smart, and you only get one front and two rear ( so I bought non-Ford ones later ).

I got the reversible luggage compartment mat, but I didn't realise it is designed to cover the whole area if you fold all the seats down in the hatch. So when you just use it in the boot you have to double it over, so it doesn't sit absolutely flush with the floor which is a bit odd.

Another bit of trivia: I ordered 4 mudspats, but when the car was delivered they said they weren't compatible with the body kit on the MKII Sport, so they could only put them on the back, they had to refund me for the front ones. My Sport was delivered in November, so I don't know if they have redesigned them since then.

I got the alloy wheel lock nuts, because I often park my car at a train station carpark, so they sounded like a wise investment ;)

Lastly, I got the dealer to organise the window-tint because I'm lazy; they had a variety of choices and I'm happy with the result.

Enjoy the car, I LOVE mine !
SuperSal-SA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post