Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
TonyHuynh
Starter Motor

Default Ford Fairmont BA MKII 2004: ICC problems

Hi
My ICC has been playing up for a while, it stopped and worked again by itself at any time when the car was running. It remembered the status the last time it was on, ex. aircond on or off, the fan speed level. When it stopped the only thing I could operate was the Radio button on the steering wheel.

3 days ago it is dead completely but the fan still works as it was the last time the ICC was working.

Now on the instrument panel, all the warning lights of fuel, oil, temperature, brake show up. The engine's RPM, speed indicator, coolant temperature indicator are no longer work except Fuel level indicator.
My questions:
1/ I don't know whether is it safe to drive ? I need to drive to the repairer.
2/ Is the ICC caused the problem and it relates to the instrument panel warning indicators ?
Thanks for your advise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180427_103400.jpg (103.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180427_155304.jpg (81.0 KB, 16 views)
TonyHuynh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Ford Fairmont BA MKII 2004: ICC problems

Yes and probably yes.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
BAWITHLOT
XB COUPE TOO!

It almost sounds like your battery is buggered. Do you drive the car everyday and how old is the battery?
BAWITHLOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try removing icc reset plug at rear by pulling towards you and refitting icc. It may be interrupting the bus wires
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #5
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Have a look at this post https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...&highlight=icc . It is about a faulty speaker problem but was a fault with the ICC. A fault in the same location can lead to many different problems. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:53 AM   #6
TonyHuynh
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Have a look at this post https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...&highlight=icc . It is about a faulty speaker problem but was a fault with the ICC. A fault in the same location can lead to many different problems. Cheers MD
Old 03-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #7
TonyHuynh
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11ford11 View Post
Try removing icc reset plug at rear by pulling towards you and refitting icc. It may be interrupting the bus wires
I have tried to remove the plugs but it was too difficult, will try again.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #8
TonyHuynh
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWITHLOT View Post
It almost sounds like your battery is buggered. Do you drive the car everyday and how old is the battery?
I don't use the car often, may be once in a few days. The battery is about 2,3 years. Have checked the voltage and fuses, they are all seem ok.
Thanks
Old 06-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #9
TonyHuynh
Starter Motor

I tried to remove the ICC to inspect the inside but could not remove the 4 plugs at the back, could only undone 2 plugs.
So I used the torch to inspect the wiring that connect to ICC, they seem all ok.
However, when I opened the cover of the steering wheel, I found 1 wire with black and pink color is cut off from the plug. The plug is next to the ignition switch. I marked it with red pointer in the picture. Please see picture attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BeE...ew?usp=sharing

This wire is a bit shorter than the rest. I don't know whether it was intentionally cut off or else. I could not remove this plug to see it properly.
Any guess ?
Thanks
Old 06-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #10
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. the 4 plugs under the ICC unit are the connections for the BCM (body control module) that is screwed to the base of the ICC. The wiring for the ICC unit is one self aligning, auto latching plug on the back of the ICC. It is the ICC side of this plug that you need to check for the faulty solder joints between the pins on the plug and the circuit board in the ICC. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post