Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-05-2014, 05:07 AM   #31
FalconGT292014
Starter Motor

Default Re: Power window upgrade

hello everyone i just join the group Im looking for some advice on my ford au2 it has front power windows an i would like to convert it to 4 door power windows.. im just wounding since its already powered windows at the front would it be plug an play with all the 4 doors wiring loom or would i half to run a power wire from each side of the car an tap it into the rear wiring loom to make it work?? thank you for any in put
FalconGT292014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2014, 12:37 AM   #32
FalconGT292014
Starter Motor

bodes-sh hello mate im wounding with your power window conversion did you do all 4 doors or was it front power windows an rear manual windows?? im doing a conversion on my au sedan an mine are front im hoping mines plug an play an i dont need to rip up the seats an carpet an get a proper loom an splice it into my main loom..
FalconGT292014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #33
st07en
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
I've had a request for the missing pictures, which I provided by email. I will send them to anyone who wants them, but I would prefer to send them to one person who can host them and link here. I don't have a hosting account any more and don't really want one.
please send them to me mr.c.ellis@live.com.au
st07en is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #34
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those wanting to convert a front power window car to full power windows, its fairly simple.
Rear door trims and regs and all four door looms.
Full h loom and switches is my recommended way however!, you can make a 5 cable loom if you dont want to replace the h loom, cut the extra cables of the connectors and use female and male crimp connectors and it will work, i did it this way and work 100% perfectly!
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #35
st07en
Starter Motor

i have run the looms in the doors but still not getting power to the windows i have changed the relay and fuse but still no luck can any one help please
st07en is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #36
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you make up an extra loom to power the rear doors?
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #37
Vonnah
Starter Motor

Any got any idea about the wiring?

So we’re up too the part: (in loftys how to)
EF4.0, basically you need to run a power feed from the fuse panel into each door. Then you need a pair of wires that connect the passenger switch on the driver's side to the passenger's switch. If you see what I mean.

*Driver side is fine but passenger is having a bit of trouble...
There seems to be power but buttons aren’t working. Tried using the passenger side switch with the drivers side and the window worked fine. So it’s not the switches problem it’s a wiring.

*We have tried using the yellow and grey wire and black and red wire from the drivers side switch to the passenger side switch but it just doesn’t work...

Here is his guide: .

[url]http://www.fordmods.com/ford-technical-document-auto-window-winders-d6[/url

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Vonnah; 06-05-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Vonnah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #38
Vortex-98

If you have a battery charger you can use it to test the windows motors by hooking the wires to the charger to go up an reverse the pos / neg on the wires to wind down that way you can test all windows motors are working ..
the drivers switch is the master an all other doors are slaves that wire into drivers side switch