Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Bendix

Bendix BENDIX – Put your foot down with confidence

Old 18-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
motorculture
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bendix VS OEM: Are OEM brake pads…better?

Are OEM serviceable parts better than aftermarket parts? When it comes to brake pads, it’s a clear, resounding, no. OEM brake pads are usually more expensive, exclusively sold by dealerships, but are outperformed by aftermarket brake pads, in every way.

Different Brake Pads for Different Driving Styles and Needs

OEM brake pads are good for all round usage. Designed to be quiet, effective on the road, and long lasting, it works well off the showroom floor.

However, aftermarket brake pads will stop even better, last longer, and in most cases, cost much less than OEM brake pads. Aftermarket brake pads also come in different formulations that will better suit your driving style and needs. For example, you may have a big sedan that does a lot of towing. Brake pads like the Bendix Heavy Duty can handle heavy loads and frequent stops, without losing braking performance or stopping power. Specially formulated to handle heat build-up generated from towing, the Bendix Heavy Duty brake pads would provide safer, better braking for a longer period of time, compared to the OEM brake pads.

Aftermarket brake pads also provide more features when compared to OEM brakes. For example, many of Bendix’s brake pads come with a Blue Titanium Stripe, which removes the need for bedding in. Just install and drive normally, for instant stopping power. Other features such as Bendix’s propriety Stealth Advance Technology reduces vibration and noise at the source. Specially designed shims and backing plates by Bendix also help increase brake efficiency and reduce noise.

Quality and Ease of Installation

Bendix brake pads are also designed to be easily installed, with the right backing plates and auxiliary parts. For modern European cars, electronic brake sensors are also included, where applicable to ensure fuss free installation.

Bendix brake pads are tested to SAE and ISO standards, and these international tests define the highest standards of braking performance.

With proven quality and OE fitment, Bendix brake pads easily qualifies for OE logbook servicing, so you won’t void the manufacturer’s warranty.

Widely Available, Biggest Range

Older, rare or imported cars may have problems finding spares or parts. Not brake pads though, as Bendix has over 2500 applications for cars, trucks, vans or utes. With the widest range of brake pads in Australia and New Zealand, there’s no longer any need to order or wait for brakes to fit your car.

For more information, visit the Bendix website HERE.

To find your nearest Bendix stockist, click HERE.

For the latest Bendix news and updates, visit our Facebook page.

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au/
motorculture is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 
Default Re: Bendix VS OEM: Are OEM brake pads…better?

I normally use Bendix General and those UP ones Supercheap (cheap but dirty) has on sale from time to time...lately I find some of the metal backing plates are separating from the pad metal part, this was not a problem before that I can recall.

I assume you changed to metal backing plate from the rubberised backing coating as they chaffed through after a while.

Its not that serious but annoying.

Any advice or thoughts?
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2017, 09:59 PM   #3
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

usually i don't pip up with things like this but sorry bendix, i been selling bendix pads for over a decade, your pad quality is no where near what it used to be, we get so many come backs and complaints especially for late model hiace and tritons using aftermarket bendix pads, alot of hiace's the material comes off the backing plates. some cars bendix are good, some cars like late model corolla and mazda3's you just cant beat the genuine ones, they last alot longer, dealerships have woken up when it comes to parts pricing also. having said that i'll recommend bendix pads over say ferodo thermoquiets. you guys need to look at pricing because the brand hi q are all the rave right now with alot of workshops, well in sydney metro anyway. thats my 2 cents
2016 Winter white Sprint 6 build no #155

2015 Frozen white LZ focus titanium

2009 Nitro blue FG XR6 ute egas

2016 Diamond white Ecosport

frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2017, 12:07 AM   #4
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

To clarify my pad material is OK...just the backing plate comes of the metal bit.
Have no issue with the pads, you get what you pay for.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #5
motorculture
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
I normally use Bendix General and those UP ones Supercheap (cheap but dirty) has on sale from time to time...lately I find some of the metal backing plates are separating from the pad metal part, this was not a problem before that I can recall.

I assume you changed to metal backing plate from the rubberised backing coating as they chaffed through after a while.

Its not that serious but annoying.

Any advice or thoughts?
Hi Jastel,

Are you referring to the Bendix FIRS shim? If so we are aware of this and are currently in the process of rectifying it for all future brake pads. A solution for any brake pads you have with this, is a gentle tap / bend on the tangs would ensure they stay on.

Kind Regards,

The Bendix Team

Old 09-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
motorculture
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie86 View Post
usually i don't pip up with things like this but sorry bendix, i been selling bendix pads for over a decade, your pad quality is no where near what it used to be, we get so many come backs and complaints especially for late model hiace and tritons using aftermarket bendix pads, alot of hiace's the material comes off the backing plates. some cars bendix are good, some cars like late model corolla and mazda3's you just cant beat the genuine ones, they last alot longer, dealerships have woken up when it comes to parts pricing also. having said that i'll recommend bendix pads over say ferodo thermoquiets. you guys need to look at pricing because the brand hi q are all the rave right now with alot of workshops, well in sydney metro anyway. thats my 2 cents
Hi frankie86,

We are aware there was an issue with the higher rates of wear on certain Hiace’s and Tritons and have now rectified this issue for all new part numbers, for these applications by changing the friction material formulation to increase pad life.

Kind Regards,

The Bendix Team

This user likes this post:
Old 09-05-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorculture View Post
Hi Jastel,

Are you referring to the Bendix FIRS shim? If so we are aware of this and are currently in the process of rectifying it for all future brake pads. A solution for any brake pads you have with this, is a gentle tap / bend on the tangs would ensure they stay on.

Kind Regards,

The Bendix Team

Dont know what a FIRS is?

But yes the metal piece that the caliper piston (or other fixed side) pushes on to move the pad, it separates from the actual pad metal block.

Yes I just bend the clips back on, or sometimes use that red anti rattle glue stuff.

Good that you are fixing it.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #8
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Dont know what a FIRS is?
Fibre Impregnated Rubber Steel shims

OTT & side stripes - Bonnet struts - Paddle shifter extensions - Ceramic coating - Tinting - Digital GPS speedo
K&N filter - Belt guides - Fire extinguisher - Front & rear dashcams - Cargo net - PP film - Boot scuff guard

"You don't own a Mustang... It owns you!"

_Thread__________________________Thread

GO FURTHER is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #9
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Thought it was - Faulty Inconvenient Rattling Shim.
Old 22-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #10
motorculture
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thought it was - Faulty Inconvenient Rattling Shim.
Haha! That's a good one. We'll tell that to our boffins!