Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #121
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I hate when people spoil the joy of threads like this by bringing their holier than thou reality checks.. bloody first world problems!
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #122
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G View Post
I hate when people spoil the joy of threads like this by bringing their holier than thou reality checks.. bloody first world problems!
so you think it is ok to point out to someone where the trolley bay is
but it isn't ok for someone to point out how trivial complaining about everyday things is
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #123
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Speaking of things hated...

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #124
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when the grandkids eat all of poppas liquorice!......even though they will categorically deny liking it!

(got one on my lap now, evidence all around his mouth, completely denying touching the lolly jar, better go wash it off before mum sees it)

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #125
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta View Post
Speaking of things hated...
Like when people diss VNs. Don't you just hate that!!
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #126
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
3. I get to a parking lot and find a stall at the end of a row in the corner so that I'm far away from other cars. I do that on purpose to avoid parking next to cars, getting my car dinged or scratched because we all know it happens in parking lots. Mind you, there are lots and lots of empty stalls. I go into the mall and do my shopping, have my Starbucks, relax, come back out and there ya go!!! A car is parked right next to mine when there's at least 30+ other open stalls to pick from! And crooked too! Why? Is my car a magnet or something? grr.....
You wouldn't believe the pics till you see them....

Park at the top level, the most distant, out of the way corner in the hope that the paintless dent removal I recently had for carpark dings didn't go to waste.

Returned to find this, (mine is the red car):

When I parked, there was not a car in sight, as you can see....

At least this guy left a few spaces....

What is it?? Some sort of need to conform or something???

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #127
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I dont mind shared menus but dislike those who insist on equal share of the bill especially if you ordered far less than everyone else. Why the F should I pay more for a share I had nothing of?
Went to a dinner, mostly girls that would get blown away in the wind and a few guys. Wifey decided to start a diet that week, so we both got salads and no grog. 2 rakes down the end decide to share a $90 seafood platter between them. Ate a total of 5 king prawns, 7 calamari rings and an bit of the garnish.

Sent it back to be tossed, never offered it to anyone else openly, I think the people next to them scored some oysters and a bit of lemon.

You bet they split the bill.... was fricken boiling with anger.... But, I'm not one to cry and sook about such things in the hope of keeping the peace. I did learn a valuable lesson that when eating in a group, order what you want, drink what you want and if they split the bill we will be on top (I'm a big eater), and if they don't, we pay for what we ate anyway.

I just didn't like the bloody wasteful attitude the girls had.... If it was me I would have got up, openly put it in the middle for all to enjoy.

On the other hand, I have mates who are vego's, and don't drink either. So when we are out I'm the one that makes it clear that they are not paying full share of the split.. puts them at ease so they don't look like the winger and resent the night. Makes it sound better when it comes from someone else who is paying for what they consumed....

5 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #128
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Went to a dinner, mostly girls that would get blown away in the wind and a few guys. Wifey decided to start a diet that week, so we both got salads and no grog. 2 rakes down the end decide to share a $90 seafood platter between them. Ate a total of 5 king prawns, 7 calamari rings and an bit of the garnish.

Sent it back to be tossed, never offered it to anyone else openly, I think the people next to them scored some oysters and a bit of lemon.

You bet they split the bill.... was fricken boiling with anger.... But, I'm not one to cry and sook about such things in the hope of keeping the peace. I did learn a valuable lesson that when eating in a group, order what you want, drink what you want and if they split the bill we will be on top (I'm a big eater), and if they don't, we pay for what we ate anyway.

I just didn't like the bloody wasteful attitude the girls had.... If it was me I would have got up, openly put it in the middle for all to enjoy.

On the other hand, I have mates who are vego's, and don't drink either. So when we are out I'm the one that makes it clear that they are not paying full share of the split.. puts them at ease so they don't look like the winger and resent the night. Makes it sound better when it comes from someone else who is paying for what they consumed....
I applaud your galantry for not making a fuss but for me I couldn't keep my mouth shut to tell them how much I would object. Sorry I like generosity and im happy to give to those who need it, but when its assumed or demanded at the end of the night then this is where I draw the line. I think it needs to be established before anything is ordered how everyone intends to pay, so everyone knows what to expect at the end of the evening. None of this 'order expensive meals, dont offer to share and get others to chip in to pay for your tight ***'. Forget it. People like that are opportunists and dont deserve your time.
My 2c

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #129
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I applaud your galantry for not making a fuss but for me I couldn't keep my mouth shut to tell them how much I would object. Sorry I like generosity and im happy to give to those who need it, but when its assumed or demanded at the end of the night then this is where I draw the line. I think it needs to be established before anything is ordered how everyone intends to pay, so everyone knows what to expect at the end of the evening. None of this 'order expensive meals, dont offer to share and get others to chip in to pay for your tight ***'. Forget it. People like that are opportunists and dont deserve your time.
My 2c
Lets just say that some lessons are learnt the hard way....

There's more to the story as to why I kept my mouth shut as well. Having said that, been out on numerous group dinners since and have never had a problem ;)

Old 13-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #130
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
I'm pretty sure what happened there is you got trolled. Quite well, I might add
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #131
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Park at the top level, the most distant, out of the way corner in the hope that the paintless dent removal I recently had for carpark dings didn't go to waste.

I KNOW, RIGHT? That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I mean, WHYYYYY????? Look at all the open stalls up there and the blue car just has to park next to yours. He/she could have left 1 or 2 stalls open and parked there but oh nooooo, he/she has to park right next to yours.

When I came out of the parking lot elevator and I saw my car and the car right next to mine I just stopped in my tracks. Sheesh.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #132
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
Like when people diss VNs. Don't you just hate that!!
Yes I do hate that. VNs are Horn.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #133
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

It just proves people are too stupid to know how to park their cars between the white lines. It's a challenge for them. Parking next to you removes the challenge. As long as they can get their door open they must be between the lines.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #134
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta View Post
VNs are Horn.
IMHO not all of them, but I had a VN SS many years ago and it was a good car at the time. It sounded great and was a lot of fun.

I said earlier I was a grumpy old bastard and here's another thing I hate - I had some neckbeard clown in a modified bmw 1 series try to merge into me today. He obviously didn't turn his head before he started moving and my bonnet was level with his door handle when he started indicating and moving over (at the same time). I beeped him and he stopped merging for a second, then must've assumed I'd hit the brakes hard and kept trying to merge into my car! So I beeped him again and he then got the message that I was there. Turn your head people!
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #135
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Rude, abrupt people who just do it because it's in their natural temperament.

Driving to Melbourne we stop at a Hungry Jacks for lunch. Just off the registers on the side there is a games room... Now, my wife loves those games where you lower a claw to try and pick-up a toy (and she generally has a 70-80% success rate)... So, she finished eating and went to spend a few dollars.

The toy was stuck on the hook and wouldn't drop, the 'store manager' fobbed her when she asked for help, so she naturally shook the machine... The same manager went in the games room, went off in the foulest manner saying that they can see her on the cameras in the lunch room etc etc and to not shake the machine... then walked off huffing and puffing.

At this point, my wife comes to tell me and is actually shocked at what just happened. I walk back in and see this:

The claws had barbs in the metal and it got hooked as it fell... as far as I could see she had won fair and square.

Hmmmm ok, so banging / leaning the machine sounds an alarm. Lets try to solve this rationally. I go back to the register and this time ask another worker, who then went to the manager. The manager slams down what she was carrying, comes to the front desk and tells me "I have already told you, the machines don't belong to us, we have nothing to do with them, we don't have the keys and we can't get the toy out. They are not ours, call the number".... and again walked off....

Just what I wanted to hear If they "don't belong to them, and have nothing to do with them" I will remind her of this when she comes back to try and tell me off ;)

I walk back in, stuck my finger up to the camera and shook the machine hard enough to drop the toy first time.

Childish, I know.... Couldn't wipe the smile off the wifes face for the rest of the drive... win ;)

Old 14-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #136
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in the ilk of the parking debacle, my wife and I decided on a trip to the Mount (mount gambier) via Kingston Millicent, and stay a couple of nights at Robe......we have done this many times before and it has become a favourite

we went during the week as thats the time we had.....pulled into an out of the way caravan park and was surprised to find it totally empty.

the manager gave us a very good site with a smile, we setup and went to the restaurant for an evening meal and to wile away a bit of time.

we returned later that evening to find some drongoe had setup right next to us in such a way as to not even allow us to park our car next to our van and our view from our awning was directly into their van.

remembering the park was completely empty I was at a total loss as to why the manger would place them right next to us and so damn close.

I went to bed, uttering murderous things and "boy I oughta!" type stuff, hating all caravan park owners and their silly decisions, listening to the couple next door banging around.......

the feller came out the next morning and we exchanged polite "mornings"

and of course I said "why the hell would the owner put you so close to us with an empty park?.

his reply, which took me totally by surprise was......"I chose this spot because it was nice and level!"

looking around ALL bloody sites were "nice and level!"..........I was dumbfounded........ we packed up and left

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #137
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I hate dealing with muppets at work. Especially hate those muppets who also think they are better than you despite evidence in the contrary.
Old 14-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #138
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Being an idiot and not realising you have the perfect girlfriend...so you split up, and then she dies. Oh well.

Onwards and upwards.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #139
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I HATE the bogans who seem to think a T intersection in a semi rural area is the perfect place to pull a "RIPPA SKID"

this is the intersection I talk about

yes I know it looks quiet, but there always some one walking down the road, or cycilists or kids on bikes

I once saw a EB falcon "GOEN ***" here and then later that afternoon I saw it parked with 2 blown tyres and only one spare, so I have to admit I called the plod.

If you want to drive like this thats fine western Sydney is really well catered for for off street drags and burn out comps and the cost is stuff all so go there and I'll cheer with the rest of the crowd so theres no need to do it out the front of my place or any one elses for that matter

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #140
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the same intersection from the other way

I know some pleople think that its a quiet little back road, but MY KIDS get on and off the bus here, as do the other kids in the area, they ride bikes over to each others houses, the 80yo couple that walk the block every night hand in hand (I'm still a little creaped out about their story of back seat shananigans in an old 30's ford but their a nice old couple all the same)

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #141
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
It just proves people are too stupid to know how to park their cars between the white lines. It's a challenge for them. Parking next to you removes the challenge. As long as they can get their door open they must be between the lines.
Since moving to Qld I've followed suit and could care less how I park, lines are only a guide anyway lol
Now I also speed up when people are trying to merge.. And have completely forgotten how to use round abouts...I've also learned you get there faster if you sit in the car in fronts bumper..and never in a million years would I leave room for a truck to merge.. Apparently it's upto them to stop..ahh I love Qld driving haha.
Old 14-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #142
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Never a good look almost getting cleaned up on a crosswalk in a shopping centre! Im sure the white zebra lines stand for"speed up and run people down at will" i hate that!

I hate it when i make my first jumbalaya which tasted awesome and the after effects the next day almost set your bum on fire
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #143
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Try getting hit buy a car at night whilst using the pedestrian crossing at the front of a shopping centre walking out into he car park... I'm not a small man.... And I was dressed in bloody hi vis work wear.. Headlight caught my knee, I went over the front right of her bonnet making sure I smashed her mirror off with my forearm.. It hurt but I just kept walking .. She got out asked if I was ok claiming not to see me.. I could only glare as I still couldn't believe what had happened.. She quickly shut her door and sped off.. Geez I hate that!!!!

I could of went all American and sued....
Old 14-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #144
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Being an idiot and not realising you have the perfect girlfriend...so you split up, and then she dies. Oh well.

Onwards and upwards.
Umm what?
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #145
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Mmmmmmm More fuel for my spleen:
1. The fact that I have to tell people in Fish shops 3 times, that I want TOMATO SAUCE and NOT that Barbeque stuff.
2. CENTRELINK
3. Kids who forget they have a Father as well
4. People who don't stop and think before they get all bent out of shape over something trivial.

PS, I like Steam Engines, I remember traveling on them from Liverpool to Sydney a lot back in the 50's and 60's.

Last edited by Papa Smurf; 14-05-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #146
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In regards to parking. Don't you know that you always park beside the best car. That way you know they wont open their door on you and 50% less chance of a muppet parking beside you and opening their door onto your car after you have left.
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #147
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Parking far far away in an open car park with 50 free spots either way just to protect your pride and joy from ******* to come back 10 mins later and find 3 pos cars parked so close you can barely open your doors and theyv'e opened their scabby doors onto your car!
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #148
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
In regards to parking. Don't you know that you always park beside the best car. That way you know they wont open their door on you and 50% less chance of a muppet parking beside you and opening their door onto your car after you have left.
Hmmm, never thought about it like that. So I should be flattered that someone chose to park right next to my car? In an empty parking lot filled with empty stalls?

You see, I'd have chosen an isolated parking stall than park right next to another car (even though it's a very well-taken care of car). But that's just me.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #149
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
i drive a beat up POS hyundai accent. scratches all over, dents on both rear arches, muddy, etc you get the picture.. but i am a car person, just no cash for a nice car (bloody overtime cuts). if i have to park near a nice car i consider myself as protecting it from non car people who don't care what damage they inflict on other peoples property

and back to hating things..

locking in home loan interest rate last month based on all the hype that they wouldn't be moving for a while and possibly going up towards the end of the year. so yeah, you can thank me for the latest interest rate drops and any others that happen in the next 5 years

and also buying nice car with some 'spare' cash i had and having overtime dropped within a few months of purchase, then selling the car less than a year after buying and losing a stack of cash.. i affectively paid about $10k to upgrade from a 97 excel to a 01 accent, via a SS commodore
Old 15-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #150
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Parking far far away in an open car park with 50 free spots either way just to protect your pride and joy from ******* to come back 10 mins later and find 3 pos cars parked so close you can barely open your doors and theyv'e opened their scabby doors onto your car!
If that had to happen, and I found damage on my car I would have left them a msg just prior to leaving (via a sternly worded note under their wiper of course)