Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #15031
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 18th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,886 new cases for Australia and 7 deaths so the CMR is 1.365%.

24 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.669%.

The UK had 29,438 cases yesterday and 164 deaths for a CMR of 1.826%.

158,889 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,937 deaths sees CMR at 1.614%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Oceania passes 200k cases;

New Caledonia (558); and
Belarus (1,986)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Finland drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #15032
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 1,085 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9807 (from 0.9943) while the actual line is now well below the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve.

VIC records 507 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0613 (from 1.1136) while the actual line drops further below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #15033
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Good to see more basic restrictions nominally levelled across Greater Sydney from tomorrow (unlimited outdoors recreation and exercise, gatherings up to five). This has been a while coming.

That fourth order trendline suggests in ten days NSW should be dipping under 600 cases per day.
Old 19-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #15034
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That fourth order trendline suggests in ten days NSW should be dipping under 600 cases per day.
True, However The Daily Death rate seems to be (slowly) Climbing which is against the Daily new case Trend...
Old 19-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #15035
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Sounds like it might work in theory. Although, it did look like a couple of hundred of them weren't really out there to make a protest, but rather wanted to do some damage. So do you run the risk of them thrashing the city? 200 this time, you can bet there will be more next time if there was no deterrent.

Similar scenes in Brisbane, so I don't get it. Is it an indication that some people are just using this as an excuse?
Someone mentioned this is happening around the world, it's like they get it, it's got nothing to do with lock downs in Syd or melb.
Sure, there might be some sheep that think it is and show up for that, but these things aren't organised in cities not in lock downs, or overseas etc for no reason.

It's just a 'unite the right' style fascist protest being organised everywhere, and in syd and melb it's under the pretense of being anti lock down protests so some dumb sheep join in.

Someone mentioned there was a small one in perth too (where there's no lockdown and we hardly ever have them - when we do it's for 2 weeks or less). They said there was some perthites claiming to be 'proud boys' LOL

E: In Perth it was more about antivaxx as the reason. Always makes my laugh how people are so thick. Imagine if there was no vaxx and the world would continue with massive death tolls for years? Imagine if it was so expensive the average person could't afford it, or supplies so rare you had to win a lottery for it? People would be outraged if supply was so restricted, yet they're complaining about something that's easy to get instead!

Last edited by oldel; 19-09-2021 at 01:34 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #15036
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
Policing and managing protests -

Perhaps, Vic Police may want to spend some time with their NSW counterparts and learn how it is done.

Cheers,
George V
Don't they just badge them as 501,s and send them to NZ

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 19-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #15037
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny how nurses were praised as heroes last year..... Now theyre being fired if they dont comply with forced covid jabs. 45 aged care workers in one facility here in mackay qld were either sacked or forced to quit in the last month

Im literally shocked at all the posts here. Your government loves you & thanks u for conforming to their demands.

Turn on the radio, you are told by the hosts to get the jab NOW!! Turn on the tv, your told the same thing, along with breaking stories how we must avoid the zombie apocalypse. Everywhere u go ur FORCED to scan a barcode from ur phone which contains a goverment app which we are told we must use. Anyone who questions anything is ridiculed. People at work are being told dont bother showing up if u have ANY symptoms. A cough, sneeze, or dislodged snot are normal human bodily functions ffs, but u will be alienated for it.

If the media was gagged to stop talking about covid, and all traces of this campaign were erased, we wouldnt notice anything different or unusual about our lives & everyrhing would be pretty damn boring normal.

Last edited by falcon_bandit; 19-09-2021 at 01:58 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 02:02 PM   #15038
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It's about time VicPol turned up in decent numbers to deal with the rabid rabble who think that breaching lockdown restrictions to have a violent brawl with police is a good thing.

It's a shame that some of the people tasked with keeping our streets safe got hurt in the melee but good to see that almost half the nutters got arrested.

We all want to see an end to the lockdowns in the safest manner possible but that sort of behaviour along with the childish actions by some construction workers yesterday is perhaps just a sad reflection of where we are as a society.

Nobody else can gather large numbers of people in confined spaces so I'm not sure why a few builders thought they were any more special than the rest of us except they were allowed to go to work and (until yesterday) allowed to bring their infections back into the 'commuter' fringes like Geelong and my area.

Frankly, if you want to abuse the privilege of being able to work - and there were plenty of warnings handed out about the risk associated with 'tea rooms' and the 73% non-compliance from the blitz last week - then you can only blame your stupid selves for the outcome.

The facts are simple. 13% of our current 4,974 active cases (~1,100) are linked to construction sites and their average spread, as I mentioned earlier, is 40 km and we know the REFF value for Delta is currently about 6 for people not isolating so that percentage will only grow.
Russell, with your comment regarding the construction workers I do agree with you to a certain point but with the CFMEU stunt the other day with tea rooms protest don't you think they have a legitimate excuse for their actions, I'm quite sure the companies who employ these guys should be providing adequate facilities to comply with covid safe conditions, my workplace which employees over 300 people on site sure went out of their way to provide us with adequate facilities.
The government should be looking at the companies who are employing these workers to see if they are providing safe covid working conditions instead of blaming the worker themselves.
Old 19-09-2021, 02:06 PM   #15039
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
In Melb, 235 arrested, 10 cops injured. Another day's work, another $1.1m in the coffers.
It's worth reminding ourselves of some of the direct and indirect "costs" to also collect what went into the coffers.
  • A reported $500,000 plus in police resources to manage the protest.
  • Medical & rehabilitation costs of injured police officers (and protestors) on the public health system, including sick leave.
  • The costs and revenue lost in closing down the public transport system to the city for 6 hours on the day.
  • The loss of income of businesses and workers in the city with the transport shutdown.

Collecting Covid related fines during these types of illegal protests is not in any way profitable for the state government or the community.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #15040
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
That's called Anarchy!......its fine if all the protesters were civil and kept it peaceful, but its not like that is it, with or without the police they are on a path of destruction, they are not all like you and me, most are out to cause trouble, or, use the trouble as a diversionary tactic to cause more mayhem behind the scenes.

This is caveman stuff, middle ages stupidity?.......

Cheers Billy
Blind Freddy could see trouble was brewing beforehand yesterday's protest clash, nothing new since these type of protests have been done many times.
Old 19-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #15041
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Russell, with your comment regarding the construction workers I do agree with you to a certain point but with the CFMEU stunt the other day with tea rooms protest don't you think they have a legitimate excuse for their actions, I'm quite sure the companies who employ these guys should be providing adequate facilities to comply with covid safe conditions, my workplace which employees over 300 people on site sure went out of their way to provide us with adequate facilities.
The government should be looking at the companies who are employing these workers to see if they are providing safe covid working conditions instead of blaming the worker themselves.
In short, no. If they have legitimate issue with the facilities provided by their employers then there are already mechanisms available to deal with those (they are members of a militant union for a start) without the need to pull stupid publicity stunts like they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed
True, However The Daily Death rate seems to be (slowly) Climbing which is against the Daily new case Trend...
That's the expected 14 day lag between higher case numbers and deaths coming to fruition sadly. It will keep going up for another 10 days or so before it starts to drop.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #15042
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Its funny how things have changed over the years back when they were the BLF and a good friend of mine was a union organiser. Govco rabbitted on about unionism having to much control over building companies. He would go onto unsafe sites and close them down until they fixed their dangerous safety issues. There was no money changing hands regarding fines etc.

Now after these so called militant unions (as Russelll and others call them) were stripped of their powers, govco turns around in each individual state and start workcover, worksafe (whatever they want to call them) they have imediatelty given themslves power to come onto building sites and close them down and fine them. Funny how sometime that was once done for safety by unions has suddenly turned nicely into a money making proposition by state governments.
We often laughed at people who would turn to him and say, oh but you take brides through doing this, which he answered yes come and have a look at the grand mansion I'm living in.
Like anything there is good and bad on both sides of a fence and just remember when you go and hold your hand out for your pay slip at the end of the week, a good on your paid holidays leave every year a union paved the way for your rights as a worker many years previous.

btw As a self employed contract craftman who doesn't reap the benefits of paid holidays, wet weahter pay, sick leave as a union member but respect the rights of workers to protest against on site conditions.

Old 19-09-2021, 05:33 PM   #15043
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Below is a snapshot of what the Victorian state government announced today as to the target dates and roadmap out of our lockdown inline with the national plan.

6 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #15044
nstg8a

It’s sad that many on here automatically equate someone being covid vaccine hesitant with being an anti-vaxxer.

I’m not an anti-vaxxer (I’m actually patiently waiting for my turn in the queue) but I am very much anti coercion.

You see people that are fully vaxxed acting like those around those have the bubonic plague or leprosy or something.
You’re vaccinated, you’re as safe as you’re going to be.

Get it or don’t get it, I don’t care.

But don’t tell me I can’t do something that is an ordinary part of day to day life because of someone’s else’s paranoia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-2021, 07:13 PM   #15045
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Below is a snapshot of what the Victorian state government announced today as to the target dates and roadmap out of our lockdown inline with the national plan.

So no change to travel distance for effectively another 6 weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
It’s sad that many on here automatically equate someone being covid vaccine hesitant with being an anti-vaxxer.

I’m not an anti-vaxxer (I’m actually patiently waiting for my turn in the queue) but I am very much anti coercion.
Quite a few of the extended family members in the medical industry are (or were) hesitant. Most have taken it now, mainly to be able to keep working. Gov here have not done enough to address hesitancy, all they've effectively done is said "trust us".....that ain't going to be enough. In high vaccine take up countries like Singapore, they are running campaigns and also run documentaries to give the public as much information as they can.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 19-09-2021 at 07:19 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #15046
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:

You see people that are fully vaxxed acting like those around those have the bubonic plague or leprosy or something.

But don’t tell me I can’t do something that is an ordinary part of day to day life because of someone’s else’s paranoia.

I had my second jab of AZ a few weeks back now.

After the 2nd jab I was tired and my arm was sore.

From posting so much on social media about my vaccine status.
Old 19-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #15047
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/sites...nal%20Plan.pdf

Phase A (indicative date 5th October) - Travel 15kms
Phase B (indicative date 26th October) - Travel 25kms
Phase C (indicative date 5th November) - No limit

Likes - They have aligned it to the national plan.
Dislike - Still quite a long wait for general retail and indoor entertainment. But looks like they have tailored the dates to suit the Melb Cup Carnival with the outdoor settings.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 19-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #15048
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The big kicker that I can see a mile away coming, are the high use of the new rapid tests.
They will almost become a daily requirement for a lot of jobs and situations.
Guess which group of people will get them for free. The vaccinated.
So while you have the right not to be vaccinated, you are going to need deep pockets.
A total guess would be approx $40-50 a test.

I can also see bills for being treated for covid in hospital under the same circumstances.

I am not saying it is right or wrong. Just saying what I see as coming.
Old 19-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #15049
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
The big kicker that I can see a mile away coming, are the high use of the new rapid tests.
They will almost become a daily requirement for a lot of jobs and situations.
Guess which group of people will get them for free. The vaccinated.
So while you have the right not to be vaccinated, you are going to need deep pockets.
A total guess would be approx $40-50 a test.

I can also see bills for being treated for covid in hospital under the same circumstances.

I am not saying it is right or wrong. Just saying what I see as coming.
It'll be built into into insurance too, like health, travel, income protection etc. It'll be interesting if severe covid becomes a pre-existing condition, like if you have been hospitalised or admitted to ICU, then you won't be able to claim certain conditions.

Rides (past and present)

Old 19-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #15050
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What if the later dates per the “road map” slip? Do they become non-core promises? Or does the government fudge the figures so that people can have their family seasonal “dos” then resume more restricted lives?
Old 19-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #15051
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
What if the later dates per the “road map” slip? Do they become non-core promises? Or does the government fudge the figures so that people can have their family seasonal “dos” then resume more restricted lives?
The dates aren't promised, they are "indicative" based on current vaccination forecast. Its the jab % that counts, as per national plan.

Interesting to note that the Vic roadmap forecast is vastly different to the Covidlive forecast, Vic is A LOT more optimistic. There have already been some rumblings that there is a shortage of Pfizer to QLD and Vic. And don't forget we owe 5m due to be paid in Dec. Hopefully Moderna can more than make up for it.

Rides (past and present)

Old 19-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #15052
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
It'll be built into into insurance too, like health, travel, income protection etc. It'll be interesting if severe covid becomes a pre-existing condition, like if you have been hospitalised or admitted to ICU, then you won't be able to claim certain conditions.
Like Death! lol......

Cheers Billy
Old 19-09-2021, 10:23 PM   #15053
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes there is another group of people that are not anti vaxxers but get lumped in with them and that is people with anxiety issues and can't bring themselves to get the vaccine even though they want to. My wife falls into that category and right now for her its certain death from the vaccine or certain death from covid. Shes doing her best but just feels so pressured she wants to crawl into a ball and never leave the house. And it doesn't help when she reads or hears these self righteous vaccinated idiots basically wanting unvaxed people banned from everything. Ive seen people suggesting unvaxed people shouldn't get medical treatment, like come on how about we let the medical professionals worry about who they should treat and not bill from facebook whos fully vaxxed and lets everybody know.

No joke I've also read of a fully vaxxed person printing out his certificate and putting it on his fridge so he could admire it, like he's some sort of hero. There are absolute idiots on both sides of the argument.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
5 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 10:39 PM   #15054
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

yeah...your rights for sure ..but if you get it, you will potentially be facilitating another mutation that is resistant to current vaccines which others have been immunized for.

And...that is the bigger problem for the rest.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #15055
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m definitely puzzled by the desire to actively make pariahs of people who aren’t vaccinated against coronavirus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
…No joke I've also read of a fully vaxxed person printing out his certificate and putting it on his fridge so he could admire it, like he's some sort of hero.
Surprised he didn’t get it tattooed somewhere personal as well.

It’s interesting to observe mask fatigue in Sydney. Probably still half the people walking in my area wear one as designed. Others do the chin mask and pull it up if they’re going to pass you on the footpath. An increasing number carry the mask openly, as if they’ve forgotten to put it on. Quite a few happy to walk unmasked. I tend to walk briskly as a form of exercise so mine stays in the pocket.
Old 19-09-2021, 10:43 PM   #15056
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The one person I now hate is a particular type of person you see on Facebook. Their profile picture is a selfie with a face mask on, the filter they have says something like "I'm vaccinated, You're welcome" and they usually make self righteous comments on every article and post about covid.

For people out their doing it, Stop. Get some help.
6 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 11:38 PM   #15057
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the first one today.
In the past I have fainted, fainted + vomited, and fainted+ vomited and had a huge breakout of hives after different injections.
I got home straight after and mowed the lawn, weeded the garden, picked up the dog crap and washed the dishes.
I think they gave me the wrong needle.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #15058
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
Yes there is another group of people that are not anti vaxxers but get lumped in with them and that is people with anxiety issues and can't bring themselves to get the vaccine even though they want to. My wife falls into that category and right now for her its certain death from the vaccine or certain death from covid. Shes doing her best but just feels so pressured she wants to crawl into a ball and never leave the house. And it doesn't help when she reads or hears these self righteous vaccinated idiots basically wanting unvaxed people banned from everything. Ive seen people suggesting unvaxed people shouldn't get medical treatment, like come on how about we let the medical professionals worry about who they should treat and not bill from facebook whos fully vaxxed and lets everybody know.

No joke I've also read of a fully vaxxed person printing out his certificate and putting it on his fridge so he could admire it, like he's some sort of hero. There are absolute idiots on both sides of the argument.

Why can't they put it on a sugar cube?.....that's how we got our polio vaccine in UK as a kid in the 60's, no pain all to gain!...

Cheers Billy
Old 20-09-2021, 06:25 AM   #15059
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Interesting to note that the Vic roadmap forecast is vastly different to the Covidlive forecast, Vic is A LOT more optimistic.
- Assuming that Victoria is not going to use gross national figures to override substantial shortfalls in the state.
80%x1 Vic roadmap says 26th September, Covidlive says 29th September
70%x2 Vic roadmap says 26th October, Covidlive says 18th November
80%x2 Vic roadmap says 5th November, Covidlive says 10th December
(Covidlive doesn’t currently address the 12+ vaccination target.)
I expect the disparity to shorten but the prospect of people being under significant stricture for more than a month past the date their government gave them - it’s likely to foster more unhappiness.
Old 20-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #15060
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Why can't they put it on a sugar cube?.....that's how we got our polio vaccine in UK as a kid in the 60's, no pain all to gain!...

Cheers Billy
Trails of an oral Covid-19 vaccine already underway, or about to be, in Israel....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=797364761ba5

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Closed Thread