Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #31
timmo86

Default Re: MC TDCI timing belt replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8kado View Post
Great work!

How did you end up getting the vehicle level? Did you end up just jacking the passenger front wheel off the ground, remove wheel, and lower back to ground level?

And, from your experience how long after a drive did you wait to have the gearbox temp correct.

Good on you, will be interesting how you DYI the timing belt. Good luck!

Yes i just jacked it up and removed wheel and lowwered it to road height..

I just took some height measurements from both sides in a couple of different places then lowwered it to exactly that height and kept an eye on heights incase jack dropped any lowwer.

Haven't had an issue at all done a few hundred ks and shes running and shifting sweet.

After driving the transmission temp was in the high 50° area. I think i left it an hour in the driveway moved it in the shed and it was about right by the time i set up and was ready to drain the fluid.

After changing the oil i just had to idle it for 5-10mins to get it back to temp before going thru the gears.

Cheers. Hoping the timing belt wont be to much if a drama but with the correct tools it shouldn't be to bad.
Thinking of investing in the tools as ill probably end up doing my fathers mondeo after ours
2013 MC Mondeo Titanium TDCI
2009 G6e Turbo zf6sp ego
08 BF MK2 XR6 Turbo zf6sp
2012 MC Mondeo TDCI LX Wagon
RIP 03 BA XR8 5sp clutch went north
96 EF2 Futura Sedan auto 4L
81 XD GL Sedan 4.1 Cross flow auto
96 EF2 XR6 Sedan 5sp
2000 AU dual fuel wagon auto
86 XF Fairmont Ghia Sedan auto
timmo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #32
timmo86

hi just an update, we've done close to 5000ks since the transmission service and its still running a1 haven't had no issues with the car and loving the mondeo life lol

shes due for an engine oil change soon so ill be onto that

i've decided against doing the timing belt myself although i should be capable, i rang ford and they told me it comes under some capped price service for this car and only will be $715 in total parts/labour cant really argue with that..

ill most likely get them to change the water pump and coolant while its there and do the diesel fuel filter also then should be smooth motoring for awhile till we run into powershift dramas in her high ks, she has 186000 on it now still drives great tho!

recently installed a alpine type s sub woofer and alpine amp to give the base series stereo a bit more oomph sounds great
2013 MC Mondeo Titanium TDCI
2009 G6e Turbo zf6sp ego
08 BF MK2 XR6 Turbo zf6sp
2012 MC Mondeo TDCI LX Wagon
RIP 03 BA XR8 5sp clutch went north
96 EF2 Futura Sedan auto 4L
81 XD GL Sedan 4.1 Cross flow auto
96 EF2 XR6 Sedan 5sp
2000 AU dual fuel wagon auto
86 XF Fairmont Ghia Sedan auto
timmo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #33
bundybear75

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmo86 View Post
recently installed a alpine type s sub woofer and alpine amp to give the base series stereo a bit more oomph sounds great
Where did you pick up the signal for the amp, did you tap into the speaker wires or is there an output on the head unit? I'd love to get more bass out of mine as well.
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #34
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

ill most likely get them to change the water pump and coolant while its there
The water pump is not listed as a scheduled service item in the customer service guide booklet, just a coolant change at 10 years.

Given a pump costs around $700 I'm not decided when the time comes to do the timing belt if I'll change the pump or wait until it begins to leak. The timing kit alone is about $300 plus 2.4 (from customer service booklet) hours labour.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #35
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hi just an update, we've done close to 5000ks since the transmission service and its still running a1 haven't had no issues with the car and loving the mondeo life lol

shes due for an engine oil change soon so ill be onto that

i've decided against doing the timing belt myself although i should be capable, i rang ford and they told me it comes under some capped price service for this car and only will be $715 in total parts/labour cant really argue with that..

ill most likely get them to change the water pump and coolant while its there and do the diesel fuel filter also then should be smooth motoring for awhile till we run into powershift dramas in her high ks, she has 186000 on it now still drives great tho!

The 195000km service from the capped price list would be $350 oil and filters plus $715 for timing belt = $1065. That would not include a water pump, not sure about the tensioner.

Out of interest I got a quote from a Ford dealer for $1118 for the timing belt (not including tensioner) plus water pump, which the service guy recommended doing. The breakdown was:

timing belt $95

water pump $265

coolant $120

labour $638

So if the capped price for the other service items is $350 then it would be $1468 for the 195000km service with recommended water pump renewal.

DIY there's a 9M5Q8B596AAK kit which I think includes belt, tensioner and water pump costing maybe $1000. And you need the special tools, about $60.

Having spent much of the weekend mucking around with maintenance I thought I'd look into it. Haven't figured out why the water pump cost was different.

See also:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/sis.html?_nkw...p2047675.m4096

Last edited by rondeo; 22-11-2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: addition
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post