Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
SkidMarks
Starter Motor

Default 2011 MC Shuddering DSG Gearbox

So I have a MC TDCI Wagon that has clocked up 140K kms.
Recently I have noticed shuddering when easing off on the brake in reverse at low speed say when parking or when accelerating from stationary. When accelerating it can seem almost as if the engine is missing as its not always just 1 shudder but 2-3.
Once your moving seems fine, no apparent shudders, it like it's the clutch/drive engaging.
All major services have been done at Etheridge Ford. Both the 60 & 120K tranny services.
A mate of mine has an MC with about 110k and he took it for a spin today and he agreed that it was shuddering but also that it seems to lag more than his on takeoff.
I did a search of the threads and only came across this, http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11432022
mine hasn't failed but is causing me some concern.

Thanks for reading,
Phil
SkidMarks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
Deo

Not sure what we can tell you other than it doesn't sound good. :(

You could check for OBD codes which would confirm it is happening but I assume you don't have any warranty, so it's a matter of getting the exact cause diagnosed and the best quote to fix.

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
Binny

Default Re: 2011 MC Shuddering DSG Gearbox

Hi Phil,

Can you see the tacho fluctuating when it does it? That could indicate clutch slip if it does.

Also do you drive it sedately most of the time? I find mine can get into a hesitant slurry funk when I'm in heavy traffic day in day out on the way to work as it has "learnt" to drive like that. If I get up it a couple of times at the lights or down the freeway onramp it bumps up the driver score thing and starts to behave much nicer.
A suggested fix for shudders in the dry clutch focus is to do a "plate scrub" which is basically a couple of full throttle runs to clean up the clutch plates. So the above may help with a wet clutch as well.
Old 30-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Not saying that there is not a concern with your trans, but just make sure you dont have an engine issue either. A small miss fire can give the same effect. A friend of mine had a similar problem with a diesel Focus, put new tranny in and concern was still there!! Ended up being a slightly blocked injector!!
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #5
SkidMarks
Starter Motor

Hey thanks for the responses.
No noticeable clutch slip, no fluctuation of revs, just the shudder or abrupt engagement of drive.
Maybe like 99% of us it's just DSG paranoia, maybe not, or is that paranoia right there :-)
Out and about today and seems tickityboo.
Will get it checked. My understanding of standard clutch engage/disengage is mechanical but I'm betting these are also electronic so maybe software fix.
Hey Binny, first names not Mark is it?
SkidMarks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Deo says, have a full OBD2 scan of PCM and TCM. Maybe also check brakes, handbrake for binding.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
bf2fairmont

Trans fluid should be changed every 60,000kms (has it been serviced?)

Also check fluid levels correct (quick and inexpensive at a reputable gearbox crowd).
bf2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
Lawry
Starter Motor

I am also rocking the DSG heeby jeebies and might be imagining it but I think I have a similar thing happening in mine, I have just bought it and it only has 41000kms on it, just serviced, including transmission
Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #9
Mackspower

Was having the same problem with my MC and transmission fluid changed completely solved the problem. Issue started at about 53,000kms which is a bit disappointing. The 60,000 km service fixed it
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post