Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2016, 11:38 PM   #91
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Re: What is it with people.

A tripod would Insert easy enough with brain matter on it
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 07:24 PM   #92
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Don't park near trolley bays"...wise words...because you might come back and find some numptie has done something like this...

2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #93
tonys6550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
"Don't park near trolley bays"...wise words...because you might come back and find some numptie has done something like this...

It beggars belief, doesn't it?

I'm constantly discovering new marks, dings and scratches, war wounds from shopping centre car parks, but what can you do.
tonys6550 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #94
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I tell you what it is with bloody people,they are a bunch of ******* idiots,i would rather deal with my 2 dogs than any other person in the whole world,people are straight up ******...
Dogs are better than any piece of **** human...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #95
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
I tell you what it is with bloody people,they are a bunch of ******* idiots,i would rather deal with my 2 dogs than any other person in the whole world,people are straight up ******...
Dogs are better than any piece of **** human...
Since you feel this way I will not have anything to do with you regarding any matters on this forum.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2016, 02:24 AM   #96
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys6550 View Post
By this this stage my vision was blurred and my blood pressure rising to a point of exploding, but I managed to compose myself as I approached and politely asked
If I may .... that was totally unnecessary. There's no need to be composed or polite to scum like that.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #97
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Since you feel this way I will not have anything to do with you regarding any matters on this forum.
My feelings are hurt,i wish you didn't feel that way lol
Old 06-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #98
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
Had a twilight zone one a few years back.

Drove our pristine XR6T to the local shops.
Waited for an old lady to back out of a parking spot.
Instead of reversing straight she turned, damaging every panel on the car parked next to her and drove off.
I took her spot, got out, found a pen and paper and started writing down all details - rego, what driver looked like, type of car, time of day, my phone number - with the intention of putting it on the damaged cars windscreen.
Whilst writing this down the owner of the damaged parked car returns and starts abusing the crap out of me for damaging her car ! Told her to look at my car and then explained that I was doing her a favour in recording the details which changed her tune.

Cops called me later that afternoon to corroborate the story and had an insurance co call me a few weeks later (not sure if it was the damaged cars insurance co or the damagers insurance co) asking me if I could identify the driver and I said I could. Phone call ended and never heard anything again. So I assume everything turned out OK.
G'day ..A friend left his Mitsubishi in a Launceston ,Tasmania car park..As he got back to collect his car he saw a note under his wiper blade..It said " Sorry Ring J.Blow and then a non existent as it turned out phone number.."..There was a small dent in his mudguard. He thinks that someone must have seen the perpetrator do the damage and the deceitful git knew he was being watched so he made sure it looked he was "doing the right thing".Cost my mate a few hundred bucks and a few days inconvenience to get the whack fixed. but it means a conscience for the driver was in short supply. One day at work I clipped an older staff members old red EA Falcon and creased his bumper bar with my tow ball . I went back in to tell him and his reply "oh, she's right cobber another dent for the collection"..At least I could sleep that night , that's for sure.. Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 06-03-2016 at 08:37 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #99
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys6550 View Post
Yep, I can definitely relate to this comment. Did some shopping at the local shops one day and when I was returning to my car with my shopping trolley I could see a trolley awfully close to my car and a number of people standing at the rear of my car. Anyway as I got to my car I discovered a full shopping trolley leaning up against my car, blood starts curdling, but then to my shock horror there is a young mum behind my car changing bubs nappy on the boot of my car with two other small toddlers playing catch me if you can while using my car as playground equipment. By this this stage my vision was blurred and my blood pressure rising to a point of exploding, but I managed to compose myself as I approached and politely asked the young mum what she thought she was doing? To which she snapped back with a reply of "why, this is not your car is it" then I calmly pulled out out my remote and half raised my arm pointed towards my car and pressed the unlock button and said as a matter of fact, yes this is my car.
She quickly collected her snot rags and shopping and piled them into her open pos mini van parked right next to my car and without any acknowledgment of remorse calmly backed out of her spot and drove of with the two older kids jumping around on the back seat totally unrestrained. And of course she abandoned her shopping trolley on the other side of her mini van, dangerously close to the other car.

I stood there for a moment like a stunned fish thinking to myself, did that just happen and then proceeded to walk around my car checking for damage. There was a small scuff mark from where she leaned the trolley against my car which I managed to buff out later and of course there was a **** load of sugary coated little hand prints around my entire car from the two little ones playing chasy.

After I loaded my shopping and returned mine and her abandoned trolley to the trolley return area I drove home still trying to come to grips of what just occurred. Only in the cartoons, I thought to myself, only in the cartoons.
Mate I would have totally lost it and told her in no uncertain terms where to go including the rug rats. There is a lot of disrespect around these days for other people's property's and it doesn't just stop and end with cars. I take my hat of to you for dealing with the situation so calmly.

Cheers, Brent
4 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 12:55 AM   #100
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I left a note on a car I saw that had a trolley smashed into it,the people that caused the trolley to hit the car came back when we were inside the shop and took the note off the damaged car...
As we came out of the shop the owner of the damaged car turned up,we told her the story and she didn't even care... meh its only a car,ffs
Try and do a good deed lol
Old 07-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #101
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not worth seeking revenge. I did in Christmas 2014 after a trolley was deliberately pushed into our F6 leaving 5 dents. He was pointed out to me (both him and his Mrs) by a shocked older couple. He was walking up the road with his hoody on and walking with attitude like he owned the whole town and like the world owed him something.

I caught up with him and without a word spoken things got very violent in his world in the blink of an eye.

End of the day it's not worth it. I cursed myself for days. If he ended up with lasting serious injuries my life would have been over. I would have had a criminal record, he could have sued me and I would have lost everything........there is so much to lose and the scumbags are not worth it. If it happened again I'd happily let it go. It just isn't worth it no matter how angry you get.

It was bad timing also. We run a little holiday let down the road that had been destroyed by druggies......holes in walls/doors/everything graffitied over/crack pipes left behind.........place was brand new and destroyed. I know that when this happened it sent me over the edge.

All that matters in life is family and friends. All that can be taken away from you in a heartbeat from a stupid decision on your part. I was extremely lucky he was ok. He walked away eventually.

After he knew why I attacked him he said 'I didn't touch your ****** car'. When I checked the cameras later it had him plainly going off his nut and pushing the trolley into the car...........that is why it is a waste of bloody time even asking them if they did it. The scumbags will always deny it which is why I skipped all the formalities when I caught up with him.

Just let it go is the smart thing to do. You could end up being sued/criminal record/jail time etc. If it happened again I'd definitely just walk away calmly and get it fixed later. Half the low life's getting around out there will never ever have what we've got - ever.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #102
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Half the low life's getting around out there will never ever have what we've got - ever.
Disagree - none of them will. And they know it
Old 07-03-2016, 10:13 AM   #103
brens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
It's not worth seeking revenge. I did in Christmas 2014 after a trolley was deliberately pushed into our F6 leaving 5 dents. He was pointed out to me (both him and his Mrs) by a shocked older couple. He was walking up the road with his hoody on and walking with attitude like he owned the whole town and like the world owed him something.

I caught up with him and without a word spoken things got very violent in his world in the blink of an eye.

End of the day it's not worth it. I cursed myself for days. If he ended up with lasting serious injuries my life would have been over. I would have had a criminal record, he could have sued me and I would have lost everything........there is so much to lose and the scumbags are not worth it. If it happened again I'd happily let it go. It just isn't worth it no matter how angry you get.

It was bad timing also. We run a little holiday let down the road that had been destroyed by druggies......holes in walls/doors/everything graffitied over/crack pipes left behind.........place was brand new and destroyed. I know that when this happened it sent me over the edge.

All that matters in life is family and friends. All that can be taken away from you in a heartbeat from a stupid decision on your part. I was extremely lucky he was ok. He walked away eventually.

After he knew why I attacked him he said 'I didn't touch your ****** car'. When I checked the cameras later it had him plainly going off his nut and pushing the trolley into the car...........that is why it is a waste of bloody time even asking them if they did it. The scumbags will always deny it which is why I skipped all the formalities when I caught up with him.

Just let it go is the smart thing to do. You could end up being sued/criminal record/jail time etc. If it happened again I'd definitely just walk away calmly and get it fixed later. Half the low life's getting around out there will never ever have what we've got - ever.
Well said mate.

I could have lost my ***** at those boys, don't get me wrong they knew I wasn't happy, but restraint from violence should always be observed when it comes to altercations such as these and worse on our roads. I think about that bloke that killed that man on the Pacific Hwy south of Brisbane a month or so ago by pushing the aggressor into traffic. One d*ckhead dead, and another life ruined. It's just not worth it.

2015 Ford Falcon FGX XR8 in Emperor
brens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #104
vdo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Consistently offers competent electrical and technical advice regarding Ford electrics, especially instrument clusters. He's retired but offers his services for repairs for next to nothing. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
I left a note on a car I saw that had a trolley smashed into it,the people that caused the trolley to hit the car came back when we were inside the shop and took the note off the damaged car...
As we came out of the shop the owner of the damaged car turned up,we told her the story and she didn't even care... meh its only a car,ffs
Try and do a good deed lol
I doubt her partner would have seen it that way.
vdo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:37 AM   #105
vdo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Consistently offers competent electrical and technical advice regarding Ford electrics, especially instrument clusters. He's retired but offers his services for repairs for next to nothing. 

Other peoples front doors hitting my car is surely bad enough.

But it's their back door with that nice pointy bit that really gouges my bodywork that's the one that makes me boil.
vdo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #106
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ChrisAndSharon, everything you say about not flogging them is totally 100% right...but I am glad you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
I can relate. My mother thinks she takes care of her car, but she doesn't really. Expects everything done for her, or paid for by others.
She has to walk behind my car to get into the house from the garage. Which means if she has shopping bags, then she just scrapes them along the boot/bumper of my car without a second thought. I only had the rear end resprayed 18 months ago, but there are scratches and chips in it, I KNOW she caused. I've been behind her when she's hit my car, and told her off for it.

But it's not her fault. Nothing is ever her fault. It's Dad's, for having things stored in the garage, taking up space that she needs to get by my car without hitting it...or mine for backing too far into the garage. Because lifting the bags up higher, or holding them in front of her and just being a bit more careful, is too much effort.
No apology either, and she wonders why we don't like her...
Sounds like both your folks need to lift their game - treating the place like their own.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #107
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

Then there is the opposite ... "Don't leave your trolley near a car bay"... where a numptie parks her car on the trolleys ...LOL

And yes that's not my finger - it's a guy's shoulder.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #108
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why you stand so close behind the naked man?
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #109
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Don't ask, don't tell.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #110
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

So she had a whole mini van with multiple seats....but decided to change a diaper on a strangers car boot???
Obviously didnt want the smell of **** in her van im guessing

Some people
Are nuffies
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #111
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep View Post
Now, when parking in car parks, I try and park the SS-V where people don't park - usually far away from the entrance.
I used to do that but all it did was make it really easy one day in Perth at Adventure World for some scumbags to pull the complete drivers door lock out, rip half the dash out to get to the stereo and 6 stack CD changer, steal all of our possessions and xmas presents as we were on a travelling holiday and all of this to a 2 week old $54k 4x4.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #112
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Had to pay 3 excess for the bike and the other 2
There is no way I'd pay 3 excess'. I'd make a report to the police that I left my car parked overnight and when I went to pick it up in the morning it had been vandalised in the one incident therefore one excess.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #113
Boosted8
Banned

I was unlocking my bike out the front of Coles last week and noticed an elderly lady who was unpacking her trolley into her car right next to me had let the trolley roll away. I grabbed it just before it hit a parked car and held it, waiting about 2 full minutes until she finally turned around and noticed me standing there (she didn't hear me talking). It was a bit worrying when you consider that her handbag and purse were in the trolley...

Also there was a trolley guy standing just a few meters away at the time and he didn't do anything. What is wrong with this world!?
Boosted8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #114
Mr G8
Maximum Derek

I was working on Saturday afternoon at Coles collecting trolleys when an old bloke in a late 80's Toyota Ute reversed, with speed, straight into a parked 2010 Toyota, completely smashed his tail light and dented his car, while also pushing in the bumper on the other car, he pull out and looked around, saw what he'd done, made a grunt noise then took off with speed, luckily I got details of the car and their were other people who saw it too

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

2008 FG XT 6 Speed
18's, Tint, ZF Conversion, LED Conversion, Exhaust.
Mr G8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #115
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Took this pic a while back down the road near home, anyone that knows the parking area (out the front of the Sussex Inlet P.O) will know that the gutter in that section is at least 25 cm high !! People wonder why their cars are damaged and people drive off, It's not just by scumbags, this great bit of parking was by one of the local elderly folk, how the hell you would / could not know that there was obviously something restricting the vehicle from going any further back is beyond me, I'm just glad it didn't park on a pedestrian

Last edited by Russ; 07-03-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #116
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Confucius say: " better to stand behind as view from in front may be penetrating".
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 01:43 AM   #117
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Pedro;5609756]Then there is the opposite ... "Don't leave your trolley near a car bay"... where a numptie parks her car on the trolleys ...LOL

If car parking were a TV sport, Bruce McAvaney commentating that would be "Special"
EBSXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 08:41 AM   #118
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Then there is the opposite ... "Don't leave your trolley near a car bay"... where a numptie parks her car on the trolleys ...LOL

And yes that's not my finger - it's a guy's shoulder.
Taking the word trolley jack literally.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #119
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Sounds like both your folks need to lift their game - treating the place like their own.

I see what you did there, but it's just mother that is the problem.

When I saw her hit my car with a can that chipped my nice new paint, and called her on it, she didn't apologise at all, just said it wasn't her fault.

SHE was carrying the bags, it clearly WAS her fault. Especially as someone who knows how pedantic I am about my car, the least she could have done was apologise.

I scraped a car last year with a bus, and did the right thing by leaving a business card with our details on it.
Some council workers nearby saw it, wandered over and we had a chat.
I have a suspicion they took the card off the windscreen after I had to leave, because we never got a call about it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: