Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 29-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

Got this from bookface and for all the shouting etc for a drag strip it is coming to this.....yep that's,entry numbers stay the same and we will have no drag meetings......I wouldn't be running it at a substantial loss either

Hi Guys and Girls
A lot of you would have already received this email today and for those who haven't I am posting this,
Don’t take it the wrong way or get scared, but I feel you all need to know.

If you would like to participate, in the Nitro Funny Car event, please fill in an entry form off the website or contact me via email racingonnpromo@yahoo.com.au to get a form and please return to me asap. We have only 11 days before the event. Entrant numbers are low and if this does not rise before the event can not proceed. So if you intend to enter, please do so asap.

Racing Onn needs your help, the entries from the 24th November Top Doorslammer meeting were very low and I would like to make this event as big as what we started with back in November 2011.I also need a large crowd for this event to make it a success.

I have lost money over the last couple of events, and I have reached a point where I may not be able to continue should this event not be a success or break even. It does not help that I have had to repair the track not once but twice since the vandalism in October which has hurt my own pocket and replace thousands of dollars of wiring when they were stolen during the year.

I am a very honest person and believe that you the racers need to know that without your continued support, Racing Onn could be in trouble.
Next year's calendar is almost sorted with a 4,6 and rotary nationals, ANDRA Top Alcohol, Top Bike and Pro Stock bike round, APSA round, ANDRA Top Doorslammer and Pro Stock round, and a Slamfest booked. Street meetings will be in between these events and less frequent as this years as there is not a huge demand. We have a confirmed with Rodney Jane a long future here in SA and he is very keen for Racing Onn to stay on board running the drag racing at Adelaide International Raceway.

I want to keep Racing Onn alive and to do this, I feel this is my best option have opened the Nitro Funny Car event to Street Bikes and Vehicles to make the entrant numbers larger and cancelled the street meeting on Sunday the 9th December.

I have also put no limit on the number of entries per bracket. For example Super Street and Sedan will not be limited to a 32 car field.
With limited infrastructure at the venue, I am consistently bringing in equipment to run these event, which all costs money.
I understand that with most of you make comments that they entry fees are too high, but there is not much I can do on this one. My expenses are high and until I can reduce those expenses, the fee will not change. I trust you all understand.

We have waited so long for the return of drag racing and it will be such a shame to admit defeat and we finally have it back but if the Nitro Funny car event is not a success I may have to re evaluate my situation and which will be a massive blow to the racers of Adelaide and those who travel from interstate to attend my meetings.

The racers of Adelaide are very grateful and appreciative of Racing onn and I hope that you keep building your cars to make drag racing stronger than ever before as I am very grateful and appreciative of you.

All in all, we need you to be there, as a driver or spectator. I know that this could be a worrying statement but it is the truth. You need to be there or it may not be there. All the hard work that we have all done could come to an end, my worst nightmare. I dont want to scare you but my personal finances can only go so far. My passion for this sport is above and beyond and I will do anything I can to keep it going alive and strong without putting myself into financial ruin.

Obtaining corporate sponsorship or sponsorship in general is not an easy thing to get, so if you can help out in anyway, I will be more than happy to hear from you

Thanks again for your support and look forward to receiving your entries.

So.......who's going to pull their finger out and enter or at least rock up with a group of mates and show SA/Rino the support it deserves.I'll be there racing again

T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 
Default Re: Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

They should bring in a penalty for late entry like most other events do.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

Entrants are needed to guarentee income to pay for hire, no income, no hire, simple really
Old 29-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Ivan

Cant enter because Super Street has to have gay exhaust and our car doesn't have gay exhaust.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Cant enter because Super Street has to have gay exhaust and our car doesn't have gay exhaust.
bwahahaha. most S/ST cars are well and truly over the 95db limit. all you really need is a half car pipe and muffler as long as it doesn't exit facing the ground (i.e droopy dump) it'll be fine.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

Quote:
My late model car had to have 5 point harness and a welded tail shaft loop,I guess my point is if you want to race one will make it happen.

A decent set of muffles sounds awesome and quite a few have fitted some and not gone slower,in allot of cases made the car sound better also.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

All ANDRA events will require exhaust for super street. A car never driven makes no sound at all lol
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Ivan

We race mostly at Portland, which has never enforced the muffler rule, and Heathcote who dont give a **** about ANDRA. So to race at Adelaide I have to find the time to put mufflers on the car so we can race in the only class in ANDRA that has this stupid rule.
Old 30-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

I hear what your saying but a little issue like that wouldn't stop me from racing in my home state and supporting Rino and the guys,it's a 2hr max muffler job.

Is your car a consistant bracket car bloke and what vehicle is it?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

Quote:
How fast does your bus run?
Maybe enter super sedan
Or do what we did and put bullets after the collectors and some side turnouts
greencapri408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencapri408 View Post
How fast does your bus run?
Maybe enter super sedan
Or do what we did and put bullets after the collectors and some side turnouts
we will be going Super Sedan next season we need a new box and some more horsepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post
I hear what your saying but a little issue like that wouldn't stop me from racing in my home state and supporting Rino and the guys,it's a 2hr max muffler job.

Is your car a consistant bracket car bloke and what vehicle is it?
We live in Victoria and it's a 5 hour drive for us to go to Adelaide, and we will when we can. May be 2 hours to get the mufflers on but then we have to spend a day testing. 400Hp VH Commodore.

Ian
Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

If you run bullets you won't lose any hp, you may find some though
greencapri408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So they push to get drag racing back and in doing so causes a very popular car show to choose to cease.Looks like the promoters at AIR do a fantastic job then when a single car show doe's better than the very race meetings they want to run on the strip.

Maybe some common sense and a fresh approach could include both and the track remains profitable...again.
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
Ivan

The problem I see is that there has been no racing in Adelaide so not many people will have Pro cars. You cant expect people to build Pro cars overnight and most wont unless they know the racing will be around for a long period of time. In the end it comes down to money. Now alot of Victorians will travel over to support the track but until you build up the local following entries will be light on
Old 03-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
D1STRBD

Ugh i really hope they at least have some events next year, i would've been ready for this event but i have to work :(
D1STRBD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
berry
Starter Motor

I'm presently modifying my BA XR6T (flash tune,larger intercooler,piping kits from plazmaman,60 lb injectors,K&N panel filter,3.5" dump pipe to std exhaust) and would definitely run at street meets or comp meets if that continues.I rac ed at the first street meet held at AIR on Feb 23 1975,winning the 15-16 sec bracket with my 1970 XW GT.Don't mind the entry fee as we must support Rino,otherwise we'll lose drag racing again.
berry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Street Meeting on the 17th of March people
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
berry
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post
Street Meeting on the 17th of March people
I'll be there with my BA,hope there is a swag of other turbos there.Like to meet some of you guys!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #19
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Is the meet on in the morning or afternoon?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #20
berry
Starter Motor

Gates open 8am,racing starts 9am to 5pm.See you there!
Old 14-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #21
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

And it's gone
Chrisosicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #22
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

I can't see any point in supporting the street drags in Adelaide anymore. I understand its a expensive track to rent. But canceling the event a week before its due to happen is unprofessional and then blaming the customers for it is a absolute cop out. And to add insult to injury if u done the right thing and paid your entry u fee, u will not be offered a refund, only the option of running in the next comp meeting. Which if is anything like the last time u will be in the Line up for hours and lucky to get 4 runs across the day. Not bad for a $160. It's time to move on from Adelaide international raceway and start something fresh that has the support if the track owners and the general community.
Chrisosicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #23
Trevor 57
is now there

That sucks, if they cancel due to lack of numbers (which is what I am guessing happened), then they should give a full refund, I would contact them and say you are talking to small claims and see what their response is

Is there anything written on the entry form about cancellations, etc?
Old 14-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rino will transfer the money back to you if you want.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
Old 14-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
berry
Starter Motor

Unfortunately have to agree that it's true.AIR is probably no more..
Old 15-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
ctb2010
Starter Motor

13/April is the new date. Hopefully more cars lined up by then would be good for AIR.
ctb2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
berry
Starter Motor

I'll be there on 13th.Who else?
Old 15-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #28
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mixing a street meeting with a comp meet with the same time allocated for comp meet only spells disaster....actually it was a disaster last time I entered the mixed street/comp meeting.
I got 4 runs the whole day.

I have managed to do 5 other street meetings prior to that so I don't at all feel bad sitting this one out to be honest.

We will spectate though.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
Old 15-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
berry
Starter Motor

This meet will be my first time down the 1/4 since 1978 so I'm pretty keen.If it turns out like you say it still won't have been wasted for me.
Old 15-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisosicko View Post
I can't see any point in supporting the street drags in Adelaide anymore. I understand its a expensive track to rent. But canceling the event a week before its due to happen is unprofessional and then blaming the customers for it is a absolute cop out. And to add insult to injury if u done the right thing and paid your entry u fee, u will not be offered a refund, only the option of running in the next comp meeting. Which if is anything like the last time u will be in the Line up for hours and lucky to get 4 runs across the day. Not bad for a $160. It's time to move on from Adelaide international raceway and start something fresh that has the support if the track owners and the general community.
Says in his statement if you can't or don't want to enter future meetings he is more than happy to refund your money