Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
XR8LOWNDES

Default Nitrous and slik

If i run nitrous at the drags do i need a nos stick on my car to race ???? And the other question is what is the best radial sliks to run at the drags on 18x8.5 or 18x9.5. on my ute 6sp auto standard diff gears. My ute is a BF XR8 yella terra phase 3 whipple supercharger..

Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Default Re: Nitrous and slik

yeah either NO2 sticker or chalk pen a big N on your rear window and a smaller one on front.

i'm running nitto's, NT05R's, Hoosiers or MT ET Radials in 275 wide are good
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Test n' Tunes at Willowbank don't require NOS identification...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
prasac
Banned

NOS Sticker or N as WPN-270 said.

Mickey Thompson ET Streets without a doubt are the best get as wide as you can fit. the more footprint the better, a 275 MT will need to go on a 17x9.5 if you can.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
XR8LOWNDES

Thanks for the in put i plan on driving it to the track and home. Its a street car run what you got.. I would like to run full sliks but i have 6 pot brembos and nothing will fit over them ??
Old 12-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
icer
Winning's Winning!

were you not sayign hoosiers where better then the ET Streets last week on the performance inc thread Prasac and i said no ETs?

But yes, you need ET Streets XR8.

You need some drag welds to fit over the brembos. I think the 17x4 dragwelds fit over the brembos? Someone can confirm. Might be 4pot only?

Dont know anyone who has run a 10.99 or better with an 18". 98% of 10.99 or faster club have been a 275 ET street. If chasing 11.3s or slower then even street tyres are fine if your happy with a 1.8 60' or slower.

Just run a stock XR6 rim with the 275 et street, and stock front wheels or any front wheels. If you run front runners with a small slick tyre, you will need to run a full slick on the rear.

Now with new setup 460rwkw on 15psi. 30PSI is fun!
icer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
prasac
Banned

icer, no, i have never said Hoosier's are better, i have always pushed ET Streets on to people. get your facts straight before you involve me in anything you have to say.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post