Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
THE D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Drag racing.

Hey guys,

Alright this has had no replies in the general section so I thought here might get more action.

I'm doing the rear end in my XD ute and I'm thinking of going ladder bars with coil overs. What sort of spring rating would I need for the rear. It will be used 99% for drag use. I see they are like from 200lbs up to like 400lbs.

Cheers

THE D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Drag racing.

Maybe you should try the drag racing section
Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

What they told me years ago.. Start at 120 and work your way up with four link..
I guess 150 Lb ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
blownxe393
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow the xd Ute is really getting a birthday. Is the old rear end not up to the challenge Jason ?
blownxe393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
THE D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey. Just wanted to tidy up the rear. Started with putting tubs in, then just got excited now I chopped out chassis rails and want fit ladder bars.

2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
prasac
Banned

finish the *** end up, then weigh it all and pick a spring from there, no point saying put this, this and this in until you have all the weights after that, you can pick something that will be perfect for the combo, springs are the last things you choose after you have all the specs. you want to try and get a decent shock for the back.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

are you trying to keep the car on the road? years ago they would not engineer a ladder bar rear end for the street, not sure of current regs though, a 4 link with bushes rather than heim joints was passable if done correctly

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
THE D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's still registered. But if it got stickered then it would become just a drag car.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
THE D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a bit more done today on the ute. Need to buy some more steel for cross beams.

3 users like this post:
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
daryle
Old drag racer

Not helping you here but back in the day guys with rear ends that worked really well would not tell you what they used. I know this is going to hurt but your best bet is to get a proven performer and ask for help but unless things have changed it will cost you. Basic setups are easy, it is the fine tuning of the rear end that counts.
daryle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post