Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 18-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
Master G
XR6T Pilot

Default Master G - 10 Seconds WSID - Almost Banned!

As posted in the other thread, tonite I got the chance to through my ride Shahin down the 1/4 mile for a 10.97 second pass. The weather was freezing which helps but the track was slippery as ice and after a couple of largish burnouts to get some heat into the treads I gave the stally a beat down. All I can say is that it feels great to join the 10's club but it feels ever better being behind the wheel of a car that pulls a 1.5 60' that launch was amazing.

As mentioned elsewhere the car was in 'Full' street trim, spare tyre, full custom stereo with sub box, etc, running MT streets. I know that the car can go quicker and I was advised by WSID that as the time was only just a 10, sheesh its still a 10 : that I would be welcome to come back as long as I didnt do it again :

Will think about taking up that offer to maybe set a better PB as the car definitely has more in it.

A big thanks to Spiro and the Autotech gang for making such an awesome all round street car! :eclipsee_

Youtube 10 Second Video

Regards

M G

"Proudly Tuned by Autotech"
Master G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Geoff well done mate. That is a great time.

The fact that it was done in full trim is even better.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah ... once you break under 11 ... you need to get a hell of a lot of other things done to the car. My friend juust had to go through this entire process with his Proton ... he has to used tailshaft loops ... ballistic blanket for the transmission ... one-piece fixed driver's seat ... harness ... cage and parachute (just for starters).

Nice work though ... that's really moving for the heavy Ford that's for sure.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

A 10 is a 10... and thats a wicked time. Well done!!!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

An honest 10 second street car! something claimed by a whole lot of people but usually a lie!

124mph is good for a safe 10.40 setup well with traction a hard launch and all the other stuff that comes with drag racing

Congrats mate there are a few 10 second t's around but ive seen no 10 second car at the track more honest than your own

how bout we gut it throw in a cage and make it the quickest T in australia aswell

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Jesus!!!!

Geoff, first up I have to say, mate that car does the best burnouts... Never seen a BA baggg up so nicely.... : :

All the hardwork has paid off, and a top notch effort getting into the 10s. Well done to everyone, and Auto tech who has worked on teh car. Spiro really is a champion and a top notch tuner to deliver such a weapon.

Even better watching you do it with full street trim. Truly is a 10sec Street car.

It is a ripper video and jeez Shahin hauls a rs e!!!!

Maybe we will see you at Heathcote with her??? Be awesome to see.

Cheers
Ben

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

WOW!! When doing the burnout the guy behind you would have had rubber all over his windscreen

That is an awesome result and a credit to your self , Full street driven car in street trim and the rest and it pulls 10's.

big congrats mate well bloody done :
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #8
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Yeah ... once you break under 11 ... you need to get a hell of a lot of other things done to the car. My friend juust had to go through this entire process with his Proton ... he has to used tailshaft loops ... ballistic blanket for the transmission ... one-piece fixed driver's seat ... harness ... cage and parachute (just for starters).

Nice work though ... that's really moving for the heavy Ford that's for sure.
Chute aswell? i was under the impression that a chute was only needed for 140mph+ cars that could have been wheelie bars im not 100% sure
another one that my brother is going through with his xy is braided fuel lines front to back (i think it could be all hosing must be braided or metal), metal fuel lines ala factory would be fine i would think though.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

As mentioned..awesome work mate. After the timing lights not working last week a very well deserved 10 second pass. :

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Master G fantastic time & in full street trim giddy up: . I didnt know that guy's so you run sub 11's & there is heaps of stuff you need for your ride to race. Is that the same if you run a certain mph?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
Chute aswell? i was under the impression that a chute was only needed for 140mph+ cars that could have been wheelie bars im not 100% sure
another one that my brother is going through with his xy is braided fuel lines front to back (i think it could be all hosing must be braided or metal), metal fuel lines ala factory would be fine i would think though.

yeah ... i forgot ... all fuel lines must be braided or metal too ... had he had to redo his fuel system in some places.

He was told to put a chute on ... for an AWD car though ... I can't remember his trap speed ... I'd need to look it up though. But he was running mid-to-low 10s on his first time into the 10s.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Well done mate, must of been a hell of a feeling
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:23 PM   #13
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

again well done!

just our of interest what tyres does it run?

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #14
Master G
XR6T Pilot

Thanks for the congo rats, been a long journey to get the car to where it is now and the 10's are the cherry on the top. This means that Shahin is now officially finished and I can stop looking for more mods and just enjoy the drive. Whens the next cruise? ;)

Was using Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials - 17' X 275. Street Legal...

Regards

M G

Old 18-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #15
MRJUCY
Fordless

I was out watching tonight it was great to see a late model Falcon run a ten even if it was freaking freezing.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #16
XRDRIFT
More Power, Bigger turbo

Yes indeed congratulations on the 10.97 pass, was even better taking the video of it doing the pass, hands didnt (bloody freezing it was ).

And to do it in complete street trim including junk in the boot : makes it sweeter, no gutting of interior what so ever :

And also to get an invite back to beat the time is even better, the official must have watched the Street Fords DVD and got scared to say otherwise : All in all it was a great night, with a great 1/4 time witnessed, well done MG, and whats that, 9's next
Just kidding, well done and congratz. Well done to all the guys at Autotech for the result, Spiro, your a genuis :

PS no more videography for me, work conditions are undersireable, I retire :
Old 18-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Top effort Geoff and in full street trim wicked stuff, 1.5 60 foot and didn’t break a drive shaft your a lucky man, must not forget the team at Autotech and Spiro well done guys...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 19-07-2007 at 03:12 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 12:30 AM   #18
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Well done Geoff, awesome. When I saw the 10.9 pop up I knew I wouldn't see you again for the night haha. And congrats also to Spiro and the boys at Autotech.
I'd take up Rugers offer if I were you Geoff... "Australias fastest" sounds very good.
Old 19-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #19
Master G
XR6T Pilot

Jeez fella's, get a 10 and you guys have already spent my next 6 months $ on a 9 ;)

I think though right now its time to enjoy the car a little and I 'know' of another XR going around that will probably get the fastest title eventually so mine can stay retired.

Regards

M G

Old 19-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #20
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

not worth it to get a 9sec pass, roll cage and all the rest it will ruin your clean car. Keep it how it is, not many 10 second cars like yours around that are as clean and have the whole package considered.
Awesome car
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #21
FAT-51X
Fat Kids Are Cool

Was an absolute pleasure to watch the run last night..

Congrats Geoff.. amazing time for an amazing car..

Full street trim to just puts a little more salt in the wounds of those who said you wouldnt do it..

Congrats mate..

ZF 6 speed
Process West Turbo Side intake
FG F6 Cooler

232rwkw
PB: 12.87 @ 108mph (Stock) at WSID
FAT-51X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #22
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Congrats on the great time

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #23
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Wooohh!! Congrats mate!!!
Good to see its finally completely finished, perfect car mate, well done!!
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post