Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 15-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #181
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Spied a freshly painted black Focus with an off centre silver stripe between Pakenham and Berwick yesturday going the other way. I recall it belongs to a forums member however I couldn't remeber the users name. sorry.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #182
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Spied a green RS in the Angliss staff carpark in Ferntree Gully.

Old 18-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #183
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spotted what I think was Velociraptor82 driving on the Monash between Narre Warren and Eastlink?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #184
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Default Re: Spotted! VIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Spotted what I think was Velociraptor82 driving on the Monash between Narre Warren and Eastlink?
That would be a high probability, now that I'm travelling between Box Hill and Pakenham everyday.

Alos spotted a new MK3 Focus on caterbury Rd & Blackburn rd, turning onto Blackburn rd. was dark green, but i didn't get much of a look at it sadly.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #185
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Have any VIC Eurofordclub members been to the Motor Show yet? Love to see any pics of MkIII Focus (assuming they are on display).

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #186
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Apparently it's according to a friend down in mexico. He said it's very nice!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #187
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Thumbs up Re: Spotted! VIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Have any VIC Eurofordclub members been to the Motor Show yet? Love to see any pics of MkIII Focus (assuming they are on display).
I spent alot of time looking at the new Focus on show at the MotorShow. I'm still yet to post pics on FB.

I do think it looks better in the flesh than pics I've seen, and I was quite impressed. Since the taillights are no longer on the C piller, "focus" isn't the name that first pops into my head upon seeing the car. In fact I preferred the look of the Sedan over the hatch. Clearly the design is similar to that of the Mondeo and Fiesta and I have to say both the sedan and hatch look longer than the previous Focii.

The interior shares much of its components with the Fiesta and as such not much new to look at.

Engine is a Duratorq Turbo Deisel. Apparently it is 120kw at the fly, tho I haven't heard it running just yet.

Boot is not as deep as the previous LV CL-Zetec models due to a similar design as the XR5 whereby the exhusat muffler sits underneath the wheelwell, hence the sparewheel can't sit as deep in the car. This however may make it easir to upgrade to an ST exhuat if the ST models are realsed.

Running gear at the rear looks exactly the same as my LS. but plenty of plastic under the front reducing my visibility of the front running gear.

Overall I would love to have one but not enough to prefer it over my current LS. Perhaps my only greivence was the front bumper which, close up looks very cheep and plasticiy. (But can be changed with aftermarket body kits once they are available )

Old 17-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #188
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

ABC Sydney TV News, segment about house sales had an auction in a Melbourne street and in the background a MKIII Focus Hatchback.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 17-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #189
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Probably one of those carsales Ultimate Test drive ones., I saw one the other day when I was sitting at the lights....lucky bugger.

Old 18-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #190
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Could well have been vhcmb. Or some rather clever product placement advertising.

Old 18-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #191
vhcbm

How well in sight was it? unless it was the salient image or close to being it then it could of been.

Old 19-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #192
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Well it was really only a fleeting glance but you'd have to know what you're looking at to know it was the MKIII. What gave it away was the styling of the rear lights and the curve of the roofline which Ford have seemed to have kept.