Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #31
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: The drug "Ice"

Studies are crap!

If you pay the right people to do a study you will the desired results that suit you,

fact is if you rely on drugs or alcohol to have a good time, your already addicted and addicted personalities lead to other things

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #32
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

What a load of crap. Every shop and servo sells ice. Is banning the ice cream truck next? I will be the first to admit to using ice. I am purely a recreational user. A few cubes in my soft drink is the extent. Sorry for the burden on society.

Last edited by blackf6; 09-11-2014 at 01:49 PM.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #33
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

recreational is a funny word, is most often used by those in denial of their slippery ride to hell
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #34
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

You go to hell for almost everything now days.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #35
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in a small victorian country town. Bikie scum moved here a couple of years ago and bought the ice with them. I'd whole-heartedly support a bullet to the back of the neck. Drop the ****ers down a mine shaft, problem solved. I don't have kids in school. Others I know do, and this scum is exposing their kids to this. Interesting times I expect. A wait and see attitude isn't being taken by some. Police are factoring themselves out of the equation quick by taking a soft approach. I hear life is becoming very hard for these peices of dog **** and I couldn't be happier about it.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #36
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Its a full on epidemic in perth,most call it crack here although its not like crack in the us.
Ive lost a few mates because they are crackheads, i just cant have people like that in my life,it turns normal people into ******* idiots in quick time!
Crackheads always think you are the one with the problem because you erase them from your life lol
Epidemic in Perth? Please. Maybe in Armadale, Gosnells..
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #37
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Studies are crap!

If you pay the right people to do a study you will the desired results that suit you,

fact is if you rely on drugs or alcohol to have a good time, your already addicted and addicted personalities lead to other things
i dont mind a beer after work
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #38
cram_it_frog
wombat

twice in my life I have become addicted to pain medication 20 years ago after spinal surgery and in those days you could walk into any GP and get any thing narcotic because you had spinal surgery,

It cost a marriage and and I lost every thing but did beat it in the end

Then 2nd time was last year

Today if you have a spinal fusion what they do is put a ceramic disk in and that allow some movement

but in my day they just fused the disk to bone on bone and 3 years ago after 20 y of little pain I was in agony and after exray,s they found I have got 6 huge tears in the disk above the fusion and nothing can be done at present

so I am on Methodone tablets and I started to feel the addiction kick in again it has taken 2 years but my dependance on Methdone has gone I only take one or two tablets a day less if possible

I am still in a lot of pain but I am learning to live with it, addiction of any kind is hard to kick and even walked away from the smoke 10 years ago after 40 of smoking

addiction of legal or non legal drugs is a major problem in society and it costs a fortune in lost work and time we need to try and stop it some way

there are brand new pain clinics with brand new ideas ie killing the nerve closest to the injury is used in Afganistan and that will soon be use in public hospitals reducing the need for narcotics

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #39
cram_it_frog
wombat

Armadale, Gosnells I grew up there 40 years ago but I guess places change

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned

Old 09-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #40
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
twice in my life I have become addicted to pain medication 20 years ago after spinal surgery and in those days you could walk into any GP and get any thing narcotic because you had spinal surgery,

It cost a marriage and and I lost every thing but did beat it in the end

Then 2nd time was last year

Today if you have a spinal fusion what they do is put a ceramic disk in and that allow some movement

but in my day they just fused the disk to bone on bone and 3 years ago after 20 y of little pain I was in agony and after exray,s they found I have got 6 huge tears in the disk above the fusion and nothing can be done at present

so I am on Methodone tablets and I started to feel the addiction kick in again it has taken 2 years but my dependance on Methdone has gone I only take one or two tablets a day less if possible

I am still in a lot of pain but I am learning to live with it, addiction of any kind is hard to kick and even walked away from the smoke 10 years ago after 40 of smoking

addiction of legal or non legal drugs is a major problem in society and it costs a fortune in lost work and time we need to try and stop it some way

there are brand new pain clinics with brand new ideas ie killing the nerve closest to the injury is used in Afganistan and that will soon be use in public hospitals reducing the need for narcotics
good posting - elephant in the room, although not often discussed is prescription drugs
Old 09-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #41
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Studies are crap!

So true about studies (and statistics).

And not only are your comments about relying on them for a good time so true - it also leads me to the gripe I have, which is overly drunk/stoned/cracked/iced idiots selfishly wrecking a good night for everyone else around them.

They think they're having a good time, but the other 97 people in the front 3 rows of the concert do not appreciate the antics, the spraying of drinks, the abuse of bystanders, the vomit, or having to watch security being attacked, spat on, and bitten, for trying to remove them. Then there's the cost of the ambulance & hospital stay. Yes I'm ****ed about events that recently happened to me because of one selfish person who decided to mix alcohol & drugs. There's no need for it.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #42
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
So true about studies (and statistics).

And not only are your comments about relying on them for a good time so true - it also leads me to the gripe I have, which is overly drunk/stoned/cracked/iced idiots selfishly wrecking a good night for everyone else around them.

They think they're having a good time, but the other 97 people in the front 3 rows of the concert do not appreciate the antics, the spraying of drinks, the abuse of bystanders, the vomit, or having to watch security being attacked, spat on, and bitten, for trying to remove them. Then there's the cost of the ambulance & hospital stay. Yes I'm ****ed about events that recently happened to me because of one selfish person who decided to mix alcohol & drugs. There's no need for it.
myley cyrus?
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #43
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What studies are you talking about? A company 'pushing' their new wonder fruit drink from the most remote parts of the Amazon, or a study conducted in a controlled environment that when tested on rats, a simple food that you can grow in your backyard, called a carrot, 'can' lower the risk of lung diseases by 20%. Or Turmeric, found to contain medicinal properties that can help fight certain cancers. But once the pharmaceutical companies found out you cant patent it, be like trying to patent garlic, it was pushed on the back-burner for ages. I read about 12 months ago they were gradually administering it in 'conjunction' with other medicine.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #44
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
I live in a small victorian country town. Bikie scum moved here a couple of years ago and bought the ice with them. I'd whole-heartedly support a bullet to the back of the neck. Drop the ****ers down a mine shaft, problem solved. I don't have kids in school. Others I know do, and this scum is exposing their kids to this. Interesting times I expect. A wait and see attitude isn't being taken by some. Police are factoring themselves out of the equation quick by taking a soft approach. I hear life is becoming very hard for these peices of dog **** and I couldn't be happier about it.
Your not near St Arnaud ?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #45
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
What a load of crap. Every shop and servo sells ice. Is banning the ice cream truck next? I will be the first to admit to using ice. I am purely a recreational user. A few cubes in my soft drink is the extent. Sorry for the burden on society.
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #46
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
good posting - elephant in the room, although not often discussed is prescription drugs
Very small elephant though. How many people genuinely need pain relief as opposed to how many lives are ruined by drug use...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #47
herbicide

Stoners and other people with addictions trying to justify their chosen vice - hilarious.
herbicide is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #48
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad batch then take share in the funeral inustry
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #49
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Very small elephant though. How many people genuinely need pain relief as opposed to how many lives are ruined by drug use...
how true, but dont under estimate the fleet of those among us on the roads, totally oblivious the effects

doctor prescribed it all good, i must take them
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #50
cram_it_frog
wombat

superyob you will be surprised at the large number of people who are on prescribed narcotics

The thing is I do not look like any thing like I am a drug user and even with illegal drugs I garentee you if you went to any large bank or stock broking firm you would not pick out the drug users

it is only a small percentage you see

with me I park in disabled parking I have a permit because I need to have my door fully open to enter and leave the car I have lost 60 % of my ability to twist or turn ,but I still get the looks nothing wrong with you

I have had people take my number plate and hand it in to local police but what people do not know is a spinal and a nuro surgeon signed my application for a disability form and it is renewed every so often

most get them through local GP

as I said in my post it is major problem of drug adiction both legal and non legal there are huge changes that have help legal drugs each script given has to have a gov authority number and every visit to the GP they ring the gov dept for a new authority and each year you have to renew that authority but getting a letter from a spinal or nuro surgoen and they do not hand out authority's for minor short term pain you have to have a serious and major pain on a daily basis like my self 5 or 6 out of 10 for me is a good day 9 or above is a bad day and I have a lot of them and the only cure for me in reality is death scarry try living with that it changes your way of thinking

What Ford s have I owned

2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #51
cram_it_frog
wombat

we have just had a major blitz here in Outback Broken Hill a huge number of people were stopped and check for ilegal drug use nearly 20 have had to have blood test and if found to have ilegal drug in there system they will be charged

What I want to know is how many truck drivers driving road trains in the list

now I am not picking on truck drivers but one company that do a Sydney to Adelaide and onto Perth have been found out and charged for making there drivers make a false record of a 2 hour stop in Broken Hill

some were driving road trains from Dubbo to Adelaide non stop in huge road trains how many needed drug of some sort to do that trip

so another angle of drug use we have ilegal use to get high and other to keep working and the prescription drugs

the web grows and grows till it touches your house in some way scarry

What Ford s have I owned

Old 09-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #52
cram_it_frog
wombat

jmack amazing but true doctors bury there mistakes and that include wrong dosage or type of drug does happen

What Ford s have I owned

Old 09-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #53
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People want to get high regardless and will whether it's weed, ice, sniffing paint or whatever. What are we going to do ban every intoxicating substance known to man? Follow the rest of the world and legalize and regulate the safer drugs and watch the harder drug use subside.

Or keep banging the uneducated prohibition drum (cause prohibition has worked so flawlessly in the past) and watch it get worse.

I just feel sorry for the paramedics who have to put up with the drunks and ice addicts trying to attack them all the time.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #54
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
What studies are you talking about? A company 'pushing' their new wonder fruit drink from the most remote parts of the Amazon, or a study conducted in a controlled environment that when tested on rats, a simple food that you can grow in your backyard, called a carrot, 'can' lower the risk of lung diseases by 20%. Or Turmeric, found to contain medicinal properties that can help fight certain cancers. But once the pharmaceutical companies found out you cant patent it, be like trying to patent garlic, it was pushed on the back-burner for ages. I read about 12 months ago they were gradually administering it in 'conjunction' with other medicine.
How about the study assessing the impact of granting land rights to gay whales???

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #55
cram_it_frog
wombat

I am sorry but I am speaking for a small amount of people out there who live with chronic pain many just sit down and do not speak out and no one really knows that there neighbor or friend is in pain all day

another problem is learning to live with pain is dangerous as I found out I had a clot in the lung 8 months ago but for me it was only a minor pain even the doctor at the hospital said nothing wrong with me

30 minutes later he was shocked at the xray because my body now thinks 5 or 6 pain out of 10 and more is normal and does not react like it should

it was a nurse who knows me well insisting that I have a xray that I am alive the doctor wanted to send me home

but in fairness to all who are addicted there are all sick in some way even though they choose that path and may be if we looked at it that way we might start to solve the problem

What Ford s have I owned

5 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #56
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
How about the study assessing the impact of granting land rights to gay whales???
you leave gay whales out of this

mkay
Old 09-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #57
cram_it_frog
wombat

Australia has changed I can r ember the early days of light beer and the crap you coped if you brought it to a party or if you did not keep up with the boys and refusing a beer was almost a insult

Things change I lost my license for low dd charge for 3 months and in ten seconds later the magistrate gave it back to me so I could go to work 30 years ago and I did work 7 days a week with a construction comapny all over WA called cloughs

Try getting a temp license now you have to have your letter mothers mother mothers mum to sign the paper work on the day

look at the early part of the 18 th century when all the cocaine dens in china were legal and smoking and drinking any thing that got you high

look at doctors now providing medically sanctioned pot for cronic pain sufferers

come back to this post in 20 years and see what a different world it will be

What Ford s have I owned

2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #58
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
you leave gay whales out of this

mkay
Sorry to talk about your mates like that...

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #59
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too much Jesus and not enough logic in this thread. Where is Richard Dawkins when you need him! Yes studies can be manipulated however they all state facts, you actually have to understand the study yourself to properly interpret it and look past the bias of the article.

Studies don't logically contradict one another, what do you think they actually do? They get groups and find a pattern, in this particular case they have with no basis gone one further to wrongly conclude cause and effect with nothing more than B group having a more psychotic rate than the control group that didn't smoke weed.. so all they actually found was the people who smoked cannabis had a greater rate of these disorders.. that's it, they blatantly jumped the gun going one step further to blame cannabis as the cause and effect of these disorders. The world trigger has been used in multiple studies. Anyway yes of course these stupid people would be naive enough to close the book there "Well if there's a link then that's obviously means cause and effect derp".

When it's recently been shown the genes that control cannabis predisposition are the same common genes as schizophrenia... meaning if you have a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia then you clearly have a predisposition to becoming a stoner. The very clear answer for the long known link between the two explaining why there's an influx of heavy cannabis users with those psychiatric disorders. It's explained the link between the two entirely but yes doesn't knock out the possibility of cannabis being a potential cause... pirates and global warming. There's just no basis currently to suggest cannabis causes psychotic disorders as the only basis was the connection which was actually revealed to be the same genes malfunctioning.

If you actually bothered to read the links you'd see psychotic disorders and cannabis regulation share the same common genes, no pathology of one causing the other, if you understood this you'd realize one indeed does not necessarily cause the other and they are actually associated. Let's not go into the argument of how the people who fall into drug abuse almost always have had compromised immune systems since birth, and how consuming such a drug can wreak havoc on them creating autoimmunity, burning out all their glutathione because they were born with a faulty nrf2 gene. Like anything you consume some people are susceptible, some people are even allergic to it, and others simply can't process/methylate it out of their body as effectively as everyone else and they become run down from it. Funnily enough this inhibitions are usually caused by other chronic illnesses, not genetics. Epigenetics.

Half the weed in the area is weighed down with mercury, sand, not flushed of fertilizers (meaning you consume fertilizer), it's unregulated.

Where is all the hate towards the gluten you eat everyday? It has been linked and associated with practically everything, the zonulin is a direct on switch for gastrointestinal permeability. Funny thing is I think most people here would be more addicted to gluten than a drug and couldn't go off it.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 09-11-2014 at 05:42 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #60
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saying weed causes schizophrenia is 100% identical to saying drinking causes alcholism.. when it's clearly to do with the persons biology/genetics and not the substance itself.

Why does Snoop Dawg (mr 80 blunts a day for 30yrs) not see any fourth dimension angels then? The logic of blaming the substance and not the pre-existing issues in the individual is completely flawed! Same substance, different biology, different outcome.

The other thing is schizophrenia is clearly associated with parasites and miswiring/misfiring and imbalance, 1 in 5 cases of schizophrenia are now shown to carry T.gondii (possibly more as current lab tools are crude with the parasite extreme hard to detect... another way studies can make "mistakes"... next year with better more effective tools it may change to 2 in 5 cases, but for now the current tools used discovered a rate of 1 in 5) Marijuana can alter the immune system by slowing it down, and it also has been shown to cease peristalsis.... meaning people already with microbiome issues now can't regulate the microbiome as effectively, as well as creating permeability causing things like T.Gondii to jump in. Most people are out of their league with this stuff. It's far to complex to know for sure, you'd need a map of yourself on a cellular level to know what suits and doesn't suit your biochemistry.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 09-11-2014 at 06:00 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post