Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #61
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Tax the rich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
The answers simple tax rich people more, close loop holes like negative gearing and super loop holes which are a crock of **** and crack down on lazy centerlink ****s budget solved unfortunately no government has the balls to do any of it just tinker with the edges while Rome burns
Tax the high earners - and complain when they get a tax cut???

I always liked this old one - taxation explained in beer - bit of a read but worth it.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this…
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing
The fifth would pay $1
The sixth would pay $3
The seventh would pay $7
The eighth would pay $12
The ninth would pay $18
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.

“Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20″. Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men ? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

The bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.
And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier

Old 04-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #62
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, stop negative gearing! It's nothing but a rort!

Oh wait...the tax advantages...that's one of the reasons many people get into buying investment homes for rentals in the first place. So...ah what the hell...who needs all those rental homes around the place anyway..at least when the market is flooded with thousands upon thousands of houses that used to be rental properties and house prices crash, those thrown out of them might be able to afford to buy a house...sure they will...

Superannuation loop holes! Close them all, do away with the tax breaks you get on putting money into super! Yeah!!

Oh...erm...but I'm trusting they'll only do that to certain people, right? Not just everyday workers trying to build up their super so they won't need so much pension when they retire, right? Right...?

The government has many ways of saving money right now with the stroke of a bureaucratic pen.
Forget the paid parental leave scheme, full stop. Kids are something you have to make sacrifices for and prepare for, yourself...don't make my taxes support your child bearing decisions...so answer the hard question, ladies...is a child more important or your career path?
Tell the UN to go suck it, and cut off ALL foreign aid everywhere...that's something like five or six billion or more a year right there. Charity begins at home.
Make unemployment benefits a limited thing. Maybe a year to be generous. There are jobs there to be had...they just might not be the lovely dream job that you feel you "deserve". They might not be somewhere you feel you would really like to live either...but is the economic well being of your family more important or your proximity to the local pub and TAB?
The national disability insurance scheme. Anything you say against it makes you sound like a Nazi, but honestly, can we really afford the billions a year it will cost just now?
Make foreign companies who do business here pay tax here. Fairly simple.
University funding...only give funding to courses that lead to real jobs and worthwhile productive things that will benefit society...engineering, teaching, the sciences, medicine, etc. Then cut funding completely and stop any access to HECS schemes for crap degrees for the future permanently-unemployable like philosophy, interpretive dance, and rubbish like that. You want to do that dead-end rubbish, you pay for it completely.

There are places to make cuts that could be done now, and they should be the "hard decisions" that should be made.

Then again, they could totally reform the entire tax system...plenty of alternatives have been talked about, such as a flat tax, or maybe a consumption tax on everything you purchase (but with no actual income tax so the more you spend the more tax you pay...this would also catch big international companies that don't do this at the moment), and so on. They won't happen though.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 04-05-2014 at 09:58 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #63
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Tax the high earners - and complain when they get a tax cut???

I always liked this old one - taxation explained in beer - bit of a read but worth it.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this…
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing
The fifth would pay $1
The sixth would pay $3
The seventh would pay $7
The eighth would pay $12
The ninth would pay $18
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.

“Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20″. Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men ? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

The bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.
And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier

This. Is. Awesome.
I pay nearly the highest tax bracket, and get literally no access to any government benefits. In effect, I'm paying (heavily) for something I cannot access. That's OK, I don't want or need access to them, it's part of living in a modern caring society that needs a safety net to help the less fortunate.

However, it also means that something like 96% of ordinary taxpayers pay less tax than I do. Kind of a big target there for some reform and increase in taxes, isn't it?
Works both ways...you could just as easily ask why we are going to target 4% or 5% of taxpayers, and leave the other massive percentage alone?
After all, weren't we sagely told that we all have to "contribute to fixing the problem"...?
This user likes this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #64
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When all else fails, just like the current and past two Prime Ministers, just keep increasing the TAX on Alcohol, Tobacco and Fuel.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #65
BHDOGS
Banned

If they closed the super loop holes you could still retire at 65 and get the pension you wouldn't need all that super and lets face it only the people who have extra put extra away towards super anyway the poor spend any extra they get as for tax breaks why do the government give them in the first place that was howards mistake tax breaks should be stopped all together no more living better in good times then in worse times make it a ******* blanket rate its not hard d of something in the bad times why do you expect tax breaks in the good times you dont need the extra money as you just lived off. As for negative gearing it makes almost zero difference to how many rental property's are out there every study ive heard of tells it for what it is a big ******* rort that the governments is to **** weak to touch. And the only people who would disagree are the ones who are on getting benefits from the rort themselves.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #66
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise View Post
Yeah, obviously you don’t live around Glen Waverley.
Rich Chinese, they’re everywhere and they can **** off back home for all I care. And when your kids can’t afford to ever buy a house, thank the rich Chinese. It’s got to the point now that they even print real estate brochures in Chinese.

Oh by the way, I’m a ******g racist and proud of it.
We had other cultures here too beforehand but now it's all indianised/asianised. It's all merely land to conduct business to them no regard for our culture I grew up in a suburb called reservoir which was full of italian and greek settlers form the 30s-40s and if anything those cultures helped make Australian culture great imo and shared the same great values. I don't remember any prejudice crap or any muslim individualization growing up myself.

Then around 10-15yrs ago I remember getting into building computers and started noticing more and more shop signs in Dandenong, Box hill and Springvale becoming indecipherable and the towns also emitted a vibe prompting me to lock my car doors every time I passed through. Went off building computers for a while and avoided zone 2 in general. Thought I was all good. Then in vce I got a job in hospitality and kept noticing everyone was getting fired and replaced with indian staff in all 3 places I worked, all became a soulless work environment.

But it doesn't matter where I go these days anymore as in public I'm always on guard having to recoil my hand in fear of shaking a wad of fecal matter because I'm left handed... which means it's a tough break for me since indian people literally wipe their *** with their left hands instead of using toilet paper... despite attempted intervention by the united nations to stop this...
Old 04-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #67
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
This. Is. Awesome.
I pay nearly the highest tax bracket, and get literally no access to any government benefits. In effect, I'm paying (heavily) for something I cannot access. That's OK, I don't want or need access to them, it's part of living in a modern caring society that needs a safety net to help the less fortunate.

However, it also means that something like 96% of ordinary taxpayers pay less tax than I do. Kind of a big target there for some reform and increase in taxes, isn't it?
Works both ways...you could just as easily ask why we are going to target 4% or 5% of taxpayers, and leave the other massive percentage alone?
After all, weren't we sagely told that we all have to "contribute to fixing the problem"...?

The difference is most poor people don't actually choose to be poor despite what most people tell you just like all rich people arnt all tax avoiding snobs the difference for you to pay an extra 800 a year might not being able to afford a new wardrobe for your investment property for poor people it might be not eating for a day. As someone who is in the middle these days altho ive been there not being able to afford 2 meals a day when i was on the carer pension looking after someone who couldn't wipe there own **** getting a pittance from the government by saving them thousands a week on hospital or 24/7 respite care i can also see the rich peoples side who worked hard and earned there money and deserve to keep as much as possible however the difference is you can keep paying more they cant they already cant live now. As for the job market it has gone to **** these days the old plenty of work out there motto use to be true it no longer is anymore. Things are going to **** its just the rich are the last to feel it so there always the last to the party.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #68
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
We had other cultures here too beforehand but now it's all indianised/asianised. It's all merely land to conduct business to them no regard for our culture I grew up in a suburb called reservoir which was full of italian and greek settlers form the 30s-40s and if anything those cultures helped make Australian culture great imo and shared the same great values. I don't remember any prejudice crap or any muslim individualization growing up myself.

Then around 10-15yrs ago I remember getting into building computers and started noticing more and more shop signs in Dandenong, Box hill and Springvale becoming indecipherable and the towns also emitted a vibe prompting me to lock my car doors every time I passed through. Went off building computers for a while and avoided zone 2 in general. Thought I was all good. Then in vce I got a job in hospitality and kept noticing everyone was getting fired and replaced with indian staff in all 3 places I worked, all became a soulless work environment.

But it doesn't matter where I go these days anymore as in public I'm always on guard having to recoil my hand in fear of shaking a wad of fecal matter because I'm left handed... which means it's a tough break for me since indian people literally wipe their *** with their left hands instead of using toilet paper... despite attempted intervention by the united nations to stop this...
Thats because indian people work hard dont make a fuss and do there jobs in a quite manner unlike most loud obnoxious i want everything Australians. Its the reason there taken over the cleaning and security industrys and most trolley guy jobs altho the africans are moving on that territory
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #69
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
The difference is most poor people don't actually choose to be poor despite what most people tell you just like all rich people arnt all tax avoiding snobs the difference for you to pay an extra 800 a year might not being able to afford a new wardrobe for your investment property for poor people it might be not eating for a day. As someone who is in the middle these days altho ive been there not being able to afford 2 meals a day when i was on the carer pension looking after someone who couldn't wipe there own **** getting a pittance from the government by saving them thousands a week on hospital or 24/7 respite care i can also see the rich peoples side who worked hard and earned there money and deserve to keep as much as possible however the difference is you can keep paying more they cant they already cant live now. As for the job market it has gone to **** these days the old plenty of work out there motto use to be true it no longer is anymore. Things are going to **** its just the rich are the last to feel it so there always the last to the party.

OHHHH I DONT KNOW . I'D SAY ITS MORE LIKE THIS . poor people struggle to change and become employed simply cause there is no work for them that pays any better than welfare . low paid workers with no home, living at home or sharing with singles, have the life of social bliss , outings cars and takaways . middle class getting family benifits on top of thier earnings to allow them just to be able to pay the bills enjoy some time off on weekends with the family . then there are the supposed rich , who do more than one job or shift work and weekends and get about 30-40k more than middle class and no benifits at all . drive slightly better cars and may have slightly bigger homes , they cant have a holiday cause theres no time off to have a week off with the spouse cause of the under staffing in each employed work place , therefore a week off together is near impossible , but never mind they cant afford a holiday anyways and dont get time off to go to westfields for a chat and a feed at the food court with the poor .

i find myself constantly questioning my own thoughts something a little like this ; " hey, the govt keeps telling me i'm rich and going forward , and on paper , i'm advancing my mortgage , my super is going up . so why am i broke , and getting poorer , having to live long enough to see any of it , and anuble to quit work or take any holidays

Last edited by gtfpv; 04-05-2014 at 11:07 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #70
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently the Great Noble Australian Clive Palmer is using populist measures and sacrificing his wage for us (aka the people). Maybe he can go one step further and also sacrifice his deal with Reinhardt and offshore indian company Adani to destroy our national icon The Great barrier reef, and all in the name of the worlds biggest coal port expansion when the existing Queensland ports capacity quota's aren't anywhere near being met, are steadily dropping and are not projected to meet anywhere their quota any time in the near future..

It would be nice for Clive to also acknowledge the damage his greed in pushing for secretive TPP agreements and 457 visa exploitations will do for the future of Australian workers, our country's future will soon be owned by offshore multinationals as a result if awareness to the secretive TPP agreements isn't soon realized by the public.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #71
BHDOGS
Banned

Your rant is correct in a way gtfpv back when i was cleaning i worked fulltime and earned only 200 dollars a fortnight more then i would of sitting on my **** on centerlink the government gives no incentive to get off of welfare they immediately take back any money you earn unless you have working credits. The job search provides are useless ****** i begged them to train me in anything and they refused wouldn't even chip in for a 99 dollar white card. I had to pay thousand out of my own pocket just to get certificates in security and forklift licence there a waste of space. The only reason i did stay working is because i enjoy working and providing using my own two feet. Now i work full time in a warehouse 8-6 earn enough to save and get the weekends off to see my kids for 2 days before i dont see them all week leaving at 7 and getting home at 8-30 there bed times. However id take that from the old days of being on the carer pension having plenty of time to spend at home while eating dirty and worrying if id be able to afford water from the tap to drink.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #72
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Tax Tax Tax

How about we get rid of the nanny state mentality that has allowed every bogan to aspire to become an institutionalised welfare recipient.

When I don't have enough money to buy something I go without or work and save for it.

When my family is sick we pay our way, unlike the swarm of people who seem to pull out some form of concession card and get "free medials" - we're a nation of bogan hypochondriacs.

I took out a home loan at 22 to buy my first home, unlike the swarms of people who fill in hardship forms and get free public housing.

Then there is the ABC media, what a nest of vipers they are, their salaries such a closely guarded secret, these same bunch on +$200,000 siring and slinging crap to suit their socialist agendas... if there was one place that need instant cost reduction.

“I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.”

― Winston Churchill
5 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #73
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Tax Tax Tax

How about we get rid of the nanny state mentality that has allowed every bogan to aspire to become an institutionalised welfare recipient.

When I don't have enough money to buy something I go without or work and save for it.

When my family is sick we pay our way, unlike the swarm of people who seem to pull out some form of concession card and get "free medials" - we're a nation of bogan hypochondriacs.

I took out a home loan at 22 to buy my first home, unlike the swarms of people who fill in hardship forms and get free public housing.

Then there is the ABC media, what a nest of vipers they are, their salaries such a closely guarded secret, these same bunch on +$200,000 siring and slinging crap to suit their socialist agendas... if there was one place that need instant cost reduction.

“I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.”

― Winston Churchill

ok so the abc media should be on less than all the other media should they ? that just proves the mentality of a liberal pompas ***.

i work with a 36 year old and a 29 year old , they are both single , both earn very good money , and both have 400+k mortgages . i keep asking them why are they single . well they say i work very hard , not enough time off to court a woman , and why lose it all if a relationship fails , paying around $1700 in mort payments per fn which is 1/2 thier pay , then paying for petrol , car payments expenses . things to fix up their old shi tters of houses , and they are heading into middle age , not time to take a holiday , no benifits either , sounds like you diod it harder and sacrificed a lot more than they are cheap !!!

ontop of that the govt is now telling them they are rich , should pay more tax and work in this harsh good paying job till 70 .

Last edited by gtfpv; 04-05-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #74
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Thats because indian people work hard dont make a fuss and do there jobs in a quite manner unlike most loud obnoxious i want everything Australians. Its the reason there taken over the cleaning and security industrys and most trolley guy jobs altho the africans are moving on that territory
During my apprenticeship I worked with a Sri Lankan fitter and turner, that guy was a pro, quality of his work was amazing but he was pretty odd, I liked working with him though.

He kept telling me about swingers parties and stuff like that lol.

With those people you get extremes though, they're either real lazy or really good, there is no inbetween lol.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #75
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Murdoch View Post
fixed

and the problem with a socialist government is you can't sell off it's long term assets to create a short term surplus. Howard would look at them with scorn.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 04-05-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #76
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

There was a thing on the radio the other day about the debt new tax and they asked people to call in and tell them what it meant for them.

One woman rang in and said she is the sole breadwinner in the household and her husband had to quit his job because they couldn't get child care. They also had her mother in law living with them.

She said her income was $120,000 or there about per year and after they paid all the bills and what not they basically had no money left they havent been on a holiday in years... She said this new tax would kill them financially.

Now i thought.. wait a minute how can you be struggling when i'm the sole breadwinner and make half your income???
Where the **** does all your money go?
Probably on the big *** mortgage you have....

Here's a solution if you can't afford the house sell it and buy a cheaper one, maybe sell the nice cars you got too and move somewhere where you can get childcare so you husband can go back to work. Maybe get the inlaw to contribute in some way if she living with you.

**** if i can pay my bills and put food on the table for half the money you earn i'm sure you can do it for double that
4 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #77
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
During my apprenticeship I worked with a Sri Lankan fitter and turner, that guy was a pro, quality of his work was amazing but he was pretty odd, I liked working with him though.

He kept telling me about swingers parties and stuff like that lol.

With those people you get extremes though, they're either real lazy or really good, there is no inbetween lol.
Sounds like hes a sexual tiger who feeds on vagina. Nothing wrong with that
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub247 View Post
There was a thing on the radio the other day about the debt new tax and they asked people to call in and tell them what it meant for them.

One woman rang in and said she is the sole breadwinner in the household and her husband had to quit his job because they couldn't get child care. They also had her mother in law living with them.

She said her income was $120,000 or there about per year and after they paid all the bills and what not they basically had no money left they havent been on a holiday in years... She said this new tax would kill them financially.

Now i thought.. wait a minute how can you be struggling when i'm the sole breadwinner and make half your income???

Here's a solution if you can't afford the house sell it and buy a cheaper one, maybe sell the nice cars you got too and move somewhere where you can get childcare so you husband can go back to work. Maybe get the inlaw to contribute in some way if she living with you.

**** if i can pay my bills and put food on the table for half the money you earn i'm sure you can do it for double that
Its all about lifestyle, the more money you make the more you spend, I found that with my apprenticeship.

I was saving more money as a first year apprentice getting $7.05 an hour then I was getting $19.23 an hour as qualified lol.

Same thing with having a social life, it was much better $$$ wise when I spent my days playing video games 24/7 instead of going to pubs with mates all the time, having lunch at the pub every Friday arvo and getting on the **** on the weekends with the same mates lol.

I had 4 cars at one stage and rego on all of them.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #79
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte.b View Post
Well the labor party got us into this mess as they always do ,so why dont we send the bill to them ,its time our politicians took responsibility for their actions ,he he ,yep in know silly idea
lol all nazi propaganda.

http://www.tai.org.au/content/where-budget-emergency

Where is this apparent budget emergency?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #80
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub247 View Post

you are right of course . me for eg , i could sell the GT , AND XR6 AND BUY MAZDA 2'S . I LIVE 11/2 HRS AWAY FROM MY JOB IN THE CITY . I SUPPOSE I COULD MOVE FURTHER OUT WEST . SAY 120KMS AWAY FROM WORK INSTEAD OF 70KMS , BUT WAIT AMINUTE I DONT HAVE A BIG *** MORTGAGE EARN MORE THAN HER , MY WIFE WORKS AND I STILL DONT HAVE MUCH LEFT FOR A HOLIDAY , AND MY KIDS DONT NEED CHILD CARE . APPARANTELY I'M VERY RICH . ITS JUST THAT WHAT IVE WORKED FOR FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS , EVEN THOUGH IVE NEVER BEEN UNEMPLOYED , AND EARNT MORE EVERY SINGLE YEAR THAN THE YEAR BEFORE . I CANT AFFORD ANYMORE , AND NOT LIKELY WILL BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME JOB AFTER 60 . SO I GUESS SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE I'M PROBABLY GOING TO BE DILDOED....

BUT , to be brutally honest , i still go for a coffee a few times a week , havent got to the stage yet where i have to give that up and take out funeral insurance .
6 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #81
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightblue View Post
Tax the churches and all religions

Problem fixed

Why should they get a free ride?
Hey I'm religious and I go to church. I pay the same income taxes everyone else does. Are you suggesting the church entity should have to pay tax in addition to all its members paying income tax, sales taxes, and every other kind of applicable tax?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #82
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
lol all nazi propaganda.

Have you opened your mind to the actual facts?? They're right here for you to see yourself.

http://www.tai.org.au/content/where-budget-emergency

Where is this apparent budget emergency?
TAI, nothing more than socialist vomit. Just look at the board of directors and staff - onward comrades!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #83
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
fixed

and the problem with a socialist government is you can't sell off it's long term assets to create a short term surplus. Howard would look at them with scorn.
You also get no choice. They decide who gets the work and who doesn't, it's not based on what consumers want, how good the price is, or the quality of the product or service. If you don't like it, you can't do anything about it. Free-market capitalism is great because it promotes competition and choice.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #84
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

This thread has been an education
Old 04-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #85
BHDOGS
Banned

Abbot has always been captain negative fear is his greatest weapon always has been there really is no budget emergency but there are things we should get in order now rather then later unfortunately he doesn't have the balls in his speedos to deal with the real issues. Unless you count punishing the young people now for past governments mistakes and raising the retirement age.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #86
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
You also get no choice. They decide who gets the work and who doesn't, it's not based on what consumers want, how good the price is, or the quality of the product or service. If you don't like it, you can't do anything about it. Free-market capitalism is great because it promotes competition and choice.
Free market capitalism also promotes corporate corruption, greed and consumerism to drive the machine.

Also if the gap between the haves and the have-nots grows too wide things will turn to **** quickly with violence etc.

Maybe we need a bit of both rather than one or the other.
6 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #87
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
hey i'm religious and i go to church. I pay the same income taxes everyone else does. Are you suggesting the church entity should have to pay tax in addition to all its members paying income tax, sales taxes, and every other kind of applicable tax?
yes definately My friend is a dedicated senior jehovas witness , and he says they pay tax even as they dont have too cause they believe special privelages for religion is rubbish , so they voluntarily pay tax on thier donations recieved as an income , and all thier ministers pay taxes as well . so he tells me.

I PAY ALL MY TAXES AND SALES TAXES FEES ETC , and i have anet income left , if i pay a mechanic to service my car , he has to pay tax out of what i pay him , even though i've already paid tax out of what i earn . WHY SHOULD A CHURCH BE ANY DIFFERENT

Last edited by gtfpv; 04-05-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #88
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Free market capitalism also promotes corporate corruption, greed and consumerism to drive the machine.

Also if the gap between the haves and the have-nots grows too wide things will turn to **** quickly with violence etc.

Maybe we need a bit of both rather than one or the other.
Back when i was a younger lad and idealistic i made up a graph of a big circle it went democracy leads to fascism or in this case centralized wealth and power which leads to Communism or the rebelling of the lower classes which then leads to fresh democracy rule of the people by the people which then leads back to fascism or the centralization of power by the new leaders and rinse and repeat. Whether any of it comes to pass in australia remains to be seen and i doubt it will but for other country's it seems to be a good fit.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #89
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

^ Venn Diagram
Old 04-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #90
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
TAI, nothing more than socialist vomit. Just look at the board of directors and staff - onward comrades!
lol, so those facts are lying??