Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #2731
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Geez I hate it when people think just because they bought a Benz or bmw all of a sudden the rule of using and indicator now doesn't apply to them. Was on the harbour bridge today, left blinker on, lane 3 clear begin to change lanes, about half way in Mrs e class flat out of nowhere, no indicator, blindspot light on, swerves into the lane I was the best part of in and I was a nose in front. I had to swerve out of her way because I didn't want to make the 6pm news. Similar happened later with an x6 bmw later on. What took the cake though, lined up a reverse park on York st in a loading zone, began to reverse then had to hit the anchors. Clearly I was parking but the b class Benz proceeded to come to a stop at a distance of what you would in normal traffic. I was about to get out and let loose, then I noticed it was an elderly asian lady and the bus behind her had a forward facing security camera. I didn't really want anyone having the option of dobbing me in to the fuzz from over reacting. There was another loading zone closer in the end but that's not the point. Is the luxury car licence available to people in normal cars?

Last edited by .:4:.; 28-03-2017 at 06:41 PM.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #2732
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We used to joke about Volvo owners back in the day. That you could buy second hand indicators for them from the wreckers that had never been used.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #2733
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
We used to joke about Volvo owners back in the day. That you could buy second hand indicators for them from the wreckers that had never been used.
Sweet, it saves a pit stop on the trip back from the wreckers for globes.
Old 15-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #2734
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I had to mine for this thread so I could post about the person that did a burnout in my driveway tonight. What a d-head.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #2735
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

When you have to mine for a thread to complain about what you hate, geez I hate that..............

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #2736
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Nobody has ever done a burnout in my driveway before so I guess I just never had the need to perform such an epic thread mine before. It was pretty weird.
Old 18-08-2017, 03:01 AM   #2737
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still being stuck at square one a year into a big choice like moving ~150 km from the family. Sucks l got nothing to show for it any more due entirely to pure bad luck plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #2738
champ

Driving the GTF on the freeway doing full speed limit and one of the back tyres blows! Don't know how or why, but Geez! Needless to say had to pull over & change to the spare. The worst part - Had to do it on my own (wasn't talking to the husband & too stubborn to call him) in the stinking heat & covered head to toe in black - and the worst part? Geez those back tyres are heavy!
champ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2018, 12:42 AM   #2739
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Looking three posts up and chuckling to myself...

This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #2740
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When someone puts a loaf of bread in the freezer like they're trying to load a howitzer, then a week later you take two slices out and they're both shaped like butterflies.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #2741
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Vet bills. I love my guinea pigs, but ffs. Vet bills can diaf.

And pajeros. Also diaf.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #2742
Lunch
Wait, what?

When you’re OCD and this happens

Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #2743
66FAIRLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when you spend a couple of hours cleaning the car on Sunday arvo then on Monday morning you go to work, turn into the sun & the car in front of you cleans its windscreen with 42 gallons of water & sprays shiiite all over your pristine ride.

Oh I hate that yeh.........
66FAIRLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #2744
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I hate when you spend time washing the pride and joy( XR6) late in the arvo , leave it in the car port and it's still covered in fresh bird poop next morning . Happened last weekend ..

Geez I hate that ..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #2745
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Jeez I hate the mysteries of life.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #2746
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66FAIRLANE View Post
I hate it when you spend a couple of hours cleaning the car on Sunday arvo then on Monday morning you go to work, turn into the sun & the car in front of you cleans its windscreen with 42 gallons of water & sprays shiiite all over your pristine ride.

Oh I hate that yeh.........
Similar...
washed my truck Monday arvo drove into the quarry today following the quarry water truck spraying tons of water all over the dusty pit ground turning it into a lovely muddy slop. thanks Mawson's.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #2747
RHR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when people park next to your car (new triton) open their door causing damage and claim it wasn't them.

Found a decent dent in the passenger door when leaving work. My car is dark grey and a white Corolla is parked next to it. Dent lines up with the corner of his door with white paint from his car on my car.

No witnesses obviously

Not happy. My car is only 3000kms old.
BA 5.4L Fairmont goone
LW MKII Focus ST gone

Y62 Series 5 Patrol TI
FG MKII XR6T
FGX XR8

Last edited by RHR; 02-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.
RHR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2019, 09:10 PM   #2748
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Filling my diesel tank to full. Impossible! Diesel seems to make a nice 'head' that froths to the top of the filler then slowly vanishes down into the tank.

Tank is rated for 50L (i30). When the light starts to flash with 50km DTE that's about where the first click happens when filling.

A few nights ago I filled at 1am and there was no one waiting in line so I trickled it in and got to 57litres! That extra 7L would get me another 150km in the freeway.

Don't know if it's a design issue or just how it is? I can't recall if my diesel Focus had the same issue, or my Outlander.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #2749
Kicking back

The only time i have issues with the diesel pump is when people use it as a parking space to get the morning paper and browse the magazine rack. They arent parked for fuel, more often then not they drive petrol cars. I do like the high flow pumps with the lock on triggers, by the time i dig around the front for my fuel card the thing clicks and thats 75 litres.
Old 27-04-2019, 02:27 AM   #2750
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been trying to get weep hole covers for my windows. Some are missing and others are not working so good.

I went to Bunnings and they had none. Literally one of very few times they haven't had what I want.

So I drove out to a window place in Hume being the closest area and sure enough it's an RDO.

Then I drove out to Fyshwick pretty much expecting the same but thought **** it a good chance to have a cruise but being windy as **** made it hard work. Yep closed.

Popped into the Bunnings at Fyshwick and ask some bloke about where I may find some and sure enough he pointed me to the same disappointment as in Tuggeranong.

**** me how hard is it to get these things

I will send some emails off next week. I know I can get them online just prefer to buy local.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #2751
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
Driving the GTF on the freeway doing full speed limit and one of the back tyres blows! Don't know how or why, but Geez! Needless to say had to pull over & change to the spare. The worst part - Had to do it on my own (wasn't talking to the husband & too stubborn to call him) in the stinking heat & covered head to toe in black - and the worst part? Geez those back tyres are heavy!
Geez i hate that....The wife's not talking, and i have no idea why...
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #2752
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Geez i hate that some motor wreckers overprice their old worn out parts & then get butt hurt when i say na I'll pass on that price lol.

The wreckers then give you get the classic line "but we've sold heaps of them at that price", then i reply - but you can get the same part brand new off Ebay for nearly the same price...

Then i get a moment of awkward silence on the other end before me saying my no thanks etc then hanging up the phone..

Forget about it rip off wrecker..ha ha

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #2753
Kicking back

Geez i hate it, well my guts do, when the pub changes my go to meals at the bistro. Nachos were my go to when i dunno what i want. Im lactose intolerant but could deal with the cheese on top but not the sour cream. So they changed them. Same as they were, but they now drown the plate it this brilliant orange liquid cheese. Tastes great, but my guts cannot take the onslaught of cheese. So that was monday. Last night i went to the pub with a mate and was a bit bummed i couldnt get my nachos, but on the specials board they had chorizo pasta bake. Its probably the best thing that place has ever served. It was quite pleasing to the taste, but not what i assume a pasta bake is. It destroyed me. Worth it, but yeah. It was like they have a pot of melted cheese, chuck in some penne, chorizo and Bolognese sauce then pour it in a bowl. It was so good but disagrees with my guts. I hate that the reward in this case probably out weighs the punishment half an hour later. Ill probably do it again, hate myself after for doing it, but at the time its a good idea.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #2754
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I frikin' hate walking into a deli or cafe looking for a quick bit of smoko and EVERY godam thing in the bay marie or display fridge has bloody cheese on it, and usually that horrid processed sliced plastic cheese at that. The only thing that doesn't, and isn't fried, is the curried egg and lettuce sandwiches, no thanks...... and since when does a PLAIN hamburger have friggin' cheese on it.

I spent a couple of minutes perusing the sandwiches, rolls, hotdogs, croissants etc. and complaining that everything had cheese, then ordered a plain burger only to discover cheese on it when I got to my destination and went to eat it. WTF!!

I was pizzed off and went back in on my way past later and asked the woman who served me and made the burger why the F@#K would you put cheese on a PLAIN burger after I'd spent the previous 2 minutes before ordering complaining about and rejecting everything with cheese on it? .... her response - "Our plain burgers come with cheese". My response- "that's not a plain burger, it's a burger with CHEESE!! FFS"

Also, in what universe does a greek Yiros have grated cheddar cheese in it?

I'll stop now......

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2019, 11:50 AM   #2755
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Council ute, not fully tied down, leaving the depot this morning (so it would be on their own gate camera file). Not impressed!

Given the way councils love to ping drivers for all sorts of misdeeds, talk about a flaming double standard. I feel like telling them I won’t pass the photo to RMS if they give me forward credit on my next loading zone fine...

And Bushbasher, hope you can find a kosher deli next time - easy way to avoid dairy goods in a meat sanger.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #2756
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

......idiots who insist on doing 20-30 k/ph under the posted limit and then wonder why the people stuck behind are getting stroppy.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2019, 04:08 PM   #2757
roKWiz
Cabover nut

When given a left turn slip lane, Numbskulls slow and impede others progress by turning left from the traffic lanes. FFS move over to the left and stop baulking others........Also applies to a right hand turn.

3 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2019, 07:18 PM   #2758
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
When given a left turn slip lane, Numbskulls slow and impede others progress by turning left from the traffic lanes. FFS move over to the left and stop baulking others........Also applies to a right hand turn.
Yep, i see that all the time, people trying to jump the que. Had some fool almost take my mirror off on thursday morning. There was no gap so i blocked him. He almost got t boned by the car behind me when aggressively 'creating' space. The lane was moving too, so if you know your turning, just get in line. The fool then proceeded to ride my **** so i dont really appreciate that, and brake lights dont turn on compression braking. I didnt go full retard and compression lock it or anything, but mr aggression did back off after almost kissing my tow bar a few times from clearly not paying attention. Yes a may have gone a tad hard reacting, but, common courtesy, its not that hard. I dont care if somebody is running late, just wear it. Do what i do, plan to arrive early to counter any bad traffic rather then cause a prang and ruin other peoples day.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #2759
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
brake lights dont turn on compression braking. I didnt go full retard and compression lock it or anything.
I didn't know utes had engine or exhaust brakes.

Old 27-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #2760
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

How is it, that I put out a clean bowl of fresh water at the gatepost for local animals, and two days out of three, it ends up with possum poo floaters?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post