Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #481
Chopped
as in chopped

We are all being lead (once again) down a path of more control from our governments, more globalization and less freedom for the people.

Let us unite and fight those evil communists (that didn't work) , then the terrorists (that didn't work), now the climate......

What a perfect, controlling new religion to follow. There is a group of people who are trying to replace REAL religion with the climate religion.

"Let us all unite and fight the climate, we can do this by paying taxes to our governments who will then turn it over to a world council/ world bank so they can then pay the climate to get better." !!

Man's greed has lead him to believe that he now owns the climate and can charge others for being part of it. We have this believe that money can fix things. Money is what is holding us back.

The BIGGEST scam in history, set-up by the elite to give the elite more wealth and more control over the ordinary.

Only the SUN has the full control on what the earth's climate is going to do.
(but you can't tax the Sun!)
Old 29-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #482
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
No country will impose a population cap as it is bad economically. Declining population = declining economy.
Didn't hurt China.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #483
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
How do you adapt to your habitat being destroyed? How about when your food source depletes and you need to cross a 6 lane highway? We have for a long time changed our environment to suit us which in turn has allowed greater population growth and greater life expectancy. The simple fact is the number of humans on this planet is unsustainable.
Why don't you ask the life that survived the last 5 Mass extinction events?

1: Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event
2: Triassic–Jurassic extinction event
3: Permian–Triassic extinction event
4: Late Devonian extinction
5: Ordovician–Silurian extinction event

No 3 involved the complete anoxia of all oceans resulting in 96% of all marine species becoming extinct. I would say thats a very comprehensive destruction of habitat. But those %4 made it nonetheless.

As for our population, yes we cannot continue reproducing expecting this planet facilitate that. But at current population levels, it is obvious this planet can deal with that. And given more efficient process, it'd be even easier. It's all about effectively managing ourselves as a species, given we do not form a part of the biosphere (i know a few will debate this), we must make choices to reflect our survival. But to be back ON TOPIC, what is happening with the climate at present has nothing to do with us...
Old 29-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #484
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped

Only the SUN has the full control on what the earth's climate is going to do.
(but you can't tax the Sun!)
No, but we can tax the usage of the Sun, $50 per hour of being outside
Old 29-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #485
Barry_v
rocknrolla

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225814235842
Old 29-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #486
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
No country will impose a population cap as it is bad economically. Declining population = declining economy.
And Climatology is great for economy ..... so which one are they pushing? Always comes back to who is going to profit from all this ...... and also who the hell is the one that thinks they can control the thermostat. That went very quiet after C'hagen. Actually it all is very quiet after that in the media!

China did make rain ..... but was immediately dismissed as just a poor imitation.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 29-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #487
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Funnily enough if it cost too much to have kids it would have an impact on educated people. Stupid people will still reproduce.
A little like the baby bonus bred the stupid people here. Massive generalisation I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Didn't hurt China.
Not yet. They have an ageing population much like us because of the one child policy. It may hurt them down the track, much like us.
Old 29-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #488
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
To quote the article:
"the spokesperson said. "The Government sets policy in the national interest"

Translation:

"The Government sets policy in what it believes is the national interest, or to a greater extent, its' own interest."
Old 29-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #489
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
And of course you don't bs...sigh...no you just blindly accept what your fed.
Make it rain...lol
Now when the truth does come out will you then say 'well I sorta thought that',no you'll have egg on your face as well as the other poor duped fools.

As for being polite with me, don't stress too much about that..you see I grew up and worked in the real world where if you couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen you either got out or got kicked out.

I love a hot kitchen.
Might be worth taking a chill pill.

http://www.monash.edu.au/news/newsline/story/1411

http://www.snowyhydro.com.au/levelTw...=85&parentId=6
Old 29-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #490
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Funnily enough if it cost too much to have kids it would have an impact on educated people. Stupid people will still reproduce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
A little like the baby bonus bred the stupid people here. Massive generalisation I know. ......
Have you seen Idiocracy >
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

(I can actually see this happening lol)
Old 29-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #491
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
And from the same monash uni....every k over is a killer.....enough said they're out for funding just like the rest.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #492
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
As for being polite with me, don't stress too much about that..you see I grew up and worked in the real world where if you couldn't stand the heat in the kitchen you either got out or got kicked out.

I love a hot kitchen.
Wow the REAL world? tell me more about it! was it as homo erotic as you make it sound?
Quote:
And from the same monash uni....every k over is a killer.....enough said they're out for funding just like the rest
So everything monash uni does is wrong, straight out! thats a funny way to try and cover how you were wrong.
Yeah science needs funding, but you'd be an idiot to think science isn't beneficial to man.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #493
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
And from the same monash uni....every k over is a killer.....enough said they're out for funding just like the rest.
OMG. Yes every single scientist out there, no matter what they are studying, has an agenda. :
Old 29-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #494
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Now come on peoples .... nearly made it to 500 posts with a strike rate nearly 99% of posts still remain but the personal insults is getting in the way.

If people cant have a civil debate on something that is so important (was?) the thread will be closed and no other thread on this topic will be allowed .....

SO .... I will close it now with a chuckle (What I think was the basis of the debate) and possibly once things get back on the agenda next year, another serious debate can be pursued by all ..... All have a bit of a breather & good new year and the subject may get a run next year.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 30-12-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Closed Thread