Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default B Pillar covers

Just purchased a full set of the black B pillar covers (nos Adelaide parts) for my au2 sedan. Each one has some rust bubbles so Im keen to swap em over and clean up any rust underneath. I spoke to panelbeaters and went to 2 ford dealerships and nobody knew how to get em off. I reckon they might be glued on as I cant find any screws/bolts. Really hope someone can help.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Default Re: B Pillar covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Just purchased a full set of the black B pillar covers (nos Adelaide parts) for my au2 sedan. Each one has some rust bubbles so Im keen to swap em over and clean up any rust underneath. I spoke to panelbeaters and went to 2 ford dealerships and nobody knew how to get em off. I reckon they might be glued on as I cant find any screws/bolts. Really hope someone can help.

They're stuck on with 2 rows of double sided tape

Ray

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #3
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Remove outer door belts, remove one rivet, put window all the way down, pry baily channel out of door section adjacent to trim, stick a flat scraper underneath to get rid of the double sided tape and work your way from top to bottom.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roostercam,

I have noticed there may be a slight difference from the series 2 and S3 B pillar covers. The S2 have a small plastic trim at the top of the trim where as the S3 don't, they just finish flush to the top of the door. My S3 XR8, finishes flush with no plastic trim at the top of the B pillars. Correct me anyone if my observation is correct or incorrect. Or possibly a difference between the XR6/XR8's.

Cheers
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #5
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Correct. Most Series 3 trims are same as B series units.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 AM   #6
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
Correct. Most Series 3 trims are same as B series units.
Sam (if ive got that right), could you put up some pics of the differences identifying which is which. I know i have an issue with this, i think i need two rear b-pillar trims without the top plastic edges.
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #7
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Sam (if ive got that right), could you put up some pics of the differences identifying which is which. I know i have an issue with this, i think i need two rear b-pillar trims without the top plastic edges.
If you've got what right?

They're different trims all together. B series ones have a different shape in how they fit.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #8
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your name haha? Wasnt sure if it was Sam or not.

Do you know what style the series 2 ltd had? would be s3 for 2002 year?
mcfly94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2017, 10:35 PM   #9
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Is it wrong of me to assume everyone around here knows my name? It has been mentioned enough times.

Keeping with Ford's track record, they would have put the same trims on all 2002 cars, so most likely B series style but hard to tell for sure. Only real way to tell is to have both styles side by side and compare to the one on the car. I no longer have any B series style ones so unable to help unfortunately.

PM Dean (hopefully you know who he is?) he went through the drama with the trims as he bought the wrong style and they didn't fit so he may know more about the differences.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-06-2017, 07:10 AM   #10
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Yes B series B outer trim pillars are different to AU2-AU3 it's the little bit on top of the trim
as i tried this on my AU2 ghia and they didn't fit properly

but going by Adelaide parts they the same so maybe AU3 are the same as B series
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-F...gAAOSw-jhUA~sx

cheers Dean
BLU-220 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2017, 11:07 PM   #11
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
Roostercam,

I have noticed there may be a slight difference from the series 2 and S3 B pillar covers. The S2 have a small plastic trim at the top of the trim where as the S3 don't, they just finish flush to the top of the door. My S3 XR8, finishes flush with no plastic trim at the top of the B pillars. Correct me anyone if my observation is correct or incorrect. Or possibly a difference between the XR6/XR8's.

Cheers
Reason for late reply is I havent changed them over yet. Just about ready to do the body work now the rear bar and skirts are back from paint shop. Adelaide Spares are great stockists of NOS and Darren knows his stuff. Best to email him your VIN to double check. All four covers I bought were labelled AU Series II by Ford and there is definitely differences.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #12
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put them on, very easy. The best thing was there was zero rust on the doors themselves after removing the rust bubbled covers. I took before,during,after photos but cannot upload them atm. Thks for all the advice. Definitely worth doing, especially if your paint is good, it really makes a difference. The next cosmetic thing I would like to tackle is the window rubbers. They still function well but they are 17 years old! Any experience with the huge choice of rubber reco / blackening products that are online and at auto shops? There is one called ''Mothers back to black'' that is supposed to be a conditioner as well as the usual 'clean & shine' finish these products all do. I believe most of them are conditioners rather than actual repairing qualities that can be used on all external rubber trim. Any help appreciated.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #13
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...rubber_cleaner

superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #14
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo View Post
Thks, have you had good results?
This user likes this post: