Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #2641
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Besides that half of them probably can't write and or need a spell checker for the simplest of letter writing.
And then use a 'Murrican spell checker
Old 04-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #2642
Lunch
Wait, what?

When you spend 5 hours, washing, clay barring, minor chip touch upping and waxing your missus' car, only to take the mirror out as you're reversing it into the damn garage when you're putting it away
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #2643
Lugh

Oh NO!
Mate, I can feel your pain......
Old 04-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #2644
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
I would love to see this thread migrated into a 'Geez, i love it when....'

Kind if like a No Negativity 2017.

It only takes 1 person to start a movement.

Your mindset is your choice.

Negative thoughts breed negative actions. The exact opposite is also true.

We have all whinged in the past that things are going to to crap.

If nothing changes, nothing changes...
Already have one mate l made it awhile ago heres a link:

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1433112&page=4
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #2645
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh and geez l hate that after thousands of years men still cant make sense of women!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #2646
Lunch
Wait, what?

When you order a 'hunger tamers box' with a frozen Coke from the drive through at Hungry Jacks only to be told they can't do frozen cokes at the moment so you say ' just a normal Coke then' you pull up at the window and the idiot says '$1.20 please' there was a hunger tamers box with that Coke! Hehe sorry, $11.20 please, you get given the Coke while waiting for the food and you watch a different worker pouring 2 large frozen comes from the drive through drink machine when the clown that's serving you comes back you say 'I thought the frozen Coke machine was on the fritz?' Only to be answered with ' I'm not sure what she's doin? Did you want a frozen Coke? ' you give back your inferior, normal Coke and say yes, then you get tude for asking for what you asked for.... No wonder you're jockeying a register at HJ's in your late 20s

Then while driving home, basking in your success you take too big a sip and brain freeze hits you like a brick and you start thinking to yourself ' shoulda taken the normal bloody Coke!'
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #2647
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

My pet hate is good lookin' chicks hitting on me all the time or otherwise trying to get my attention.

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #2648
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
My pet hate is good lookin' chicks hitting on me all the time or otherwise trying to get my attention.

That really sucks doesn't it. Makes it worse when it happens when your arm is around the wife...
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #2649
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Haha...gold. Always happy to help out a fellow forum member if you need one or two taken off your hands
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:38 PM   #2650
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I HATE the ATO and the ABR and online applications and the internet in general!!!!!

Been in the process of trying to start a small business, shouldn't be a problem, bought my vehicle to use, bought all my equipment to get underway, went online to register it all, reactivate my ABN, register for my AUSkey and register for GST and that's when it all went down hill...

Tried to reactivate my ABN, went through the application process...website crashes.
I'll give them a ring I thought, like in the good old days...nope, need to do it through the website, but in the meantime we'll book you a phone appointment so someone can help you through it...
3 days later phone rings, hi Mr Steve, unfortunately I cant help you, its got to be done online and our website is down, try again when we come back from holidays...
Sunday night it works and my ABN is off and running, now for that GST registration, but first I'm told I need an AUSkey, no probs should be easy enough...nope.
I know, i'll call the friendly people at Auskey and get them to help me...
Hello, hi its Mr Steve and I cant install my AUSkey can you help please...
Yes, but in the meantime i'll speak to you condescendingly and treat you as though you're an idiot because installing AUSkey software is so easy...

30 minutes later after trying every known way to man her tone changed and she politely tells me she just received an email notifying her that their system has crashed and AUSkey's cant be installed...FFS

I'm so over this ****, it was so easy once upon a time and now some flog on a 6 figure salary has decided doing everything online is so much better, well FU...******!

BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #2651
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Yeah well at present I am hating everything!!

The world just needs more love. Do you know humans are the only species on the planet that watch time.? The animals don't know it is 10.12am or 6.17 pm.

We are the only ones who measure life by time. Live in the moment! Life is far too bloody short to sweat the small ****!!

Cheers
Col

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #2652
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

I HATE the ATO and the ABR and online applications and the internet in general!!!!!

Been in the process of trying to start a small business, shouldn't be a problem, bought my vehicle to use, bought all my equipment to get underway, went online to register it all, reactivate my ABN, register for my AUSkey and register for GST and that's when it all went down hill...

Tried to reactivate my ABN, went through the application process...website crashes.
I'll give them a ring I thought, like in the good old days...nope, need to do it through the website, but in the meantime we'll book you a phone appointment so someone can help you through it...
3 days later phone rings, hi Mr Steve, unfortunately I cant help you, its got to be done online and our website is down, try again when we come back from holidays...
Sunday night it works and my ABN is off and running, now for that GST registration, but first I'm told I need an AUSkey, no probs should be easy enough...nope.
I know, i'll call the friendly people at Auskey and get them to help me...
Hello, hi its Mr Steve and I cant install my AUSkey can you help please...
Yes, but in the meantime i'll speak to you condescendingly and treat you as though you're an idiot because installing AUSkey software is so easy...

30 minutes later after trying every known way to man her tone changed and she politely tells me she just received an email notifying her that their system has crashed and AUSkey's cant be installed...FFS

I'm so over this ****, it was so easy once upon a time and now some flog on a 6 figure salary has decided doing everything online is so much better, well FU...******!

I had my accountant set up all mine, much easier that way
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #2653
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ditto
Old 06-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #2654
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Same here
Old 06-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #2655
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
At a guess i'd say your accountant would have set it up via the ATO website which would have given him the same problem if the website is down.

Its not something that an accountant needs to do. Its a simple process made difficult due to the constant site crashes that the ATO and in extension, the ABR are experiencing at the moment.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #2656
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe, but I pay my accountant to do stuff I dont want to do, or can use my talents in a more productive way. Same as he uses his
Old 06-01-2017, 04:28 PM   #2657
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
Yeah well at present I am hating everything!!

The world just needs more love. Do you know humans are the only species on the planet that watch time.? The animals don't know it is 10.12am or 6.17 pm.

We are the only ones who measure life by time. Live in the moment! Life is far too bloody short to sweat the small ****!!

Cheers
Col

I hate that my sheep know exactly what time it is and the racket starts at 6pm because they know 6pm is dinner time.

So old muggles here gets on his tractor and bows to their wishes. One day I'll feed them at 5:50. That will stuff them!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #2658
Lunch
Wait, what?

When a nice drive along the Great Ocean Road is spoiled by ****** **** ***** that can't do more than 35 ****** ******* kph around even the ****** ******* simplest of ****** corners!
I reckon I counted about 25 'slower car pull outs' between Anglesea and Apollo Bay and only saw 3 get used, not expecting anyone to speed along that road but is it too much to do the speed limit and if you can't, pull over so the people that can, can? It was that bad that I relinquished pilot duties just out of Lorne, took the missus about 10 minutes before she was over it too..
We came to the conclusion that the only people that see the 'slow car turn out' bays and the 'consider those following' signs are the people stuck behind..
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2017, 11:14 PM   #2659
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez I hate.... the fact that after 8.5 trouble-free & damage-free iPhone years, and always having them look as good as new even after a couple of year's usage, I finally broke one by accident - shattered screen.

Making wood fired pizza tonight - getting up & down to "feed the oven" and it slipped out of my pocket onto the outdoor chair, and then I watched in horror as it slid down the chair & out the gap at the back of the chair - somehow one corner of the wrap-over cover had popped away, and that's the corner that hit the concrete first...... Even the tempered glass screen protector wasn't enough to save it - it fell on the perfect angle to hit the only exposed bit of Apple glass - right on the corner, sending cracks radiating over the whole screen in a fan shape.....

Oh well, $50 and a couple of days wait for a new one. God knows I've had enough practice changing screens in other family member's phones.... and now it's my turn.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #2660
yakcam
I drank what?

Trying to use tyre black and the bloody tyres have ribs, ripples, bumps and lumps that serve no purpose but to make it a PITA to apply said tyre black... ARRRrrrggghhhh!!!
Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #2661
Lunch
Wait, what?

You know they make spray type 1s now right?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #2662
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love them.

Oops wrong thread.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2017, 02:51 AM   #2663
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
You know they make spray type 1s now right?
Yeah I do, but then I can't whinge about it...
Old 12-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #2664
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

When the Apprentice walks up to you when you're operating a machine and he "accidently" bumps the E-stop button and shuts down the whole thing, MID-CYCLE!!!. What an effort to get it going again, and allmost a full day in lost production. Should send him the bill for the sparky to come out to get us going again.
Gypzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #2665
Kicking back

I get tired of people who teach L platers their own bad habits. Monavale road on the drive back home today. Pulled on going south at terry hills. Moved into the right lane to make my way past a couple of trucks that weren't really moving (their entitled, and in the slow lane, no issue there) only to come behind an L plater in the right lane doing 70 odd. By the time I got to them the trucks were moving past, and people were moving out from behind me to undertake in the left lane. It's 90 down that stretch so if you are limited to 80 and there is a perfectly good lane that flows, use it. I didn't have the go in the ute to be an undertaker because being loaded, it's been a slow day for the ute, but I did see a few people slow down whilst undertaking and hurl abuse. Once the car finally moved over I set the cruise and motored on. Couldn't set the cruise earlier as speeds were fluctuating. How did the "instructing" driver in the passengers seat not see the havoc created by putting a driver who was limited to under the speed of the giant signs for so long. There should be a compitency test to teach a learner driver. I managed somehow to sign off my wifes (girlfriend back then) log book when I was my greens. Probably lucky that we never got pulled over because I'm assuming there is a fine for that, but still, she knows how to drive, it's not that hard to be aware of your surroundings
Old 12-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #2666
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wasn't a burgundy Mazda 2 was it? I was coming down the F3 around 3.30 this arvo, with a group of several cars & hurtled up behind the fool in the far right lane (3 lane section) on L-plates, doing what I estimate to be 70km/h (had to slow to less than that to wait for cars in the middle lane to go past so I could get out).

Absolutely no idea of how dangerous they were, and when I honked on my way past, all I got from the "instructor" in the passenger seat was a shrug & "what" with an open mouth. For a good km more (that I could still see them in the rear view mirror) they continued to sit out there, with ample opportunities to move left, but never did.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #2667
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Wasn't a burgundy Mazda 2 was it? I was coming down the F3 around 3.30 this arvo, with a group of several cars & hurtled up behind the fool in the far right lane (3 lane section) on L-plates, doing what I estimate to be 70km/h (had to slow to less than that to wait for cars in the middle lane to go past so I could get out).

Absolutely no idea of how dangerous they were, and when I honked on my way past, all I got from the "instructor" in the passenger seat was a shrug & "what" with an open mouth. For a good km more (that I could still see them in the rear view mirror) they continued to sit out there, with ample opportunities to move left, but never did.
Nah, it was a ba fairmont ghia in lighting strike. I only moved up to see if if it was my brother in my bf ghia. It wasn't. It made sense because he is looking for extra cash and mums new boyfriend is looking for a set iof hands. Still iresponsible teachings to a learner.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #2668
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
When you spend 5 hours, washing, clay barring, minor chip touch upping and waxing your missus' car, only to take the mirror out as you're reversing it into the damn garage when you're putting it away

Bet she was pi$$ed!

Old 12-01-2017, 11:53 PM   #2669
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Sign me up Cav

Old 13-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #2670
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Bet she was pi$$ed!
She rarely gets angry, she looked at me, kinda sighed, said my name with a disapointed tone and told me I was never reversing her car into the garage again. Calm by most people's standard but right up there for her.