Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default Is there something in the air?

So after reading all these road rage threads of late. I've been thinking, surely this can't/won't happen to me. Wrong.

I was driving into work about 7:35 this morning, got into the city and it's the usual peak hour traffic, both lanes chockas. So I was following a very nice brand new Porsche 911 Turbo. Following at a good distance away, 2 car lengths probably, just because it was a nice car and I thought I'd give it some road space. Came to a stretch and I was travelling a bit closer, still a safe distance, and the Porsche slammed it's brakes on!!! Causing me to jump on the skids. The driver then slowly drove off, as did I. I gave him some more distance and we were coming up to a red light, he started braking and then slammed the brakes on and came to a complete stop, I stop probably millimetres off the rear bumper of this Porsche. The light went green and the guy just stayed there, I jumped on the horn which of course didn't work. Traffic was banked up behind me for miles.

Anyways, then I saw the door of the Porsche open and a fairly stocky mafia looking asian bloke stepped out and started approaching my car, at this stage It was time to G-O, jammed the car into reverse and had enough room so I didn't hit the car behind, slammed it into D and booted it around the Porsche. Looked in the rear view to see the guy running to his car and jumping in. What I did next on a public road wasn't exactly legal, but like I said, I wasn't hanging around.

I got the guys number plate 'FUN 888' and funnily enough, I think the guy driving is the chairman/CEO/founder whatever of the Porsche Car Club up here. So what should I do? I could report it to the cops, or I could get onto the Porsche Car Club?

Now that I'm at work and thinking about I wish I had just ran straight up the back of this Porsche, it would have been worth 200k easily. But as i said in another thread, it's all talk until it actually happens to you. There must just be something in the air lately that is causing people to go mad. It's stupid.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
Wally
XP Coupe

Well Cairns is a small place and maybe he recognised you from a previous encounter on one of those ridiculous 2 dozen or so roundabouts all in a row on the north/south.

There are some seriously dangerous types in that town, who supply the thousands of backpackers on the Esplanade with the drugs of choice. I'd forget it.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I'd get in contact with the Porsche Club and see what they have to say.

Oo\===/oO
Old 08-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugger that, just report it to the cops and let them deal with it.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #5
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I saw the same thing happen today in Adelaide. A busted ar se VL commodore wagon, hornet scoop and missing half the front bumper, sitting in the middle of the highway, Bogan owner screaming at the bloke in the SS commodore behind him to pull over and get out.

We went past, 15 seconds later, SS commodore flies past, zig zagging through with VL bogan mobile in hot pursuit. It was like watching deliverance without the banjo music and with cars.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd just forget about it, it's in the past.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Bugger that, just report it to the cops and let them deal with it.
As people have mentioned in countless threads before, what are they gonna be able to do?

Oo\===/oO
Old 08-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
tony302coupe

Do you guys have a hoon hotline in Qld!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony302coupe
no thank god
Old 08-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
There must just be something in the air lately that is causing people to go mad. It's stupid.
Is Funny how many of these sort of Incidents seem to Involve NON True Aussies or rather People from Certain Ethnic Backgrounds.
Though I have had my Fair Share of these sort of Incidents Myself over the years & mine always did Involve Aussie Bogan Types, maybe it is where you live as to what sort of Morons you will get tangled up with.

One thing is evident to me from My & Others Experiences, The Less Intelligent a person is, the More Likely they are to be Aggressive or Bad Drivers, or Both.

And I find the Young Drivers are also Offenders as they seem as well to be very Aggressive Drivers in Many Cases.

My Wife says I am an Aggressive Driver to which I say Nah just Assertive lol

Maybe it is just that we are all impatient these days?

Best Advice in these sort of cases was from the People who have said to let things go & not react, Oh Boy that is Hard to do at times but good Advice.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Get onto the Porsche Club up there and tell them, although they won't probably do much as he's high up in the club according to your post.

Other than that really there's not much you can do.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
marky81

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
no thank god

yes they acctually do in qld its called dob in a hoon it has been advetised
its just as easy as ringing your local cop shop.. BUT DONT DO IT :
Old 08-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #13
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah dont do that, Not worth it they either wont do anything or if they did he will get a copy of your full name and statement forwarded in the brief when hes charged and contrary to what Police say its still pretty easy for him and his goon mates to find out your address and other details if hes that sorta bloke and they wont tell you that they give him a copy of that.

Should have let him give you and your car some damage as it sounds as though hed be worth sueing....joke.....
Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another road rage one Sydney this morning, committed by a Falcon driver.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/beijing20...131112608.html

(Car driver deliberately causes 50 bike pile up)

To me this is attempted murder. Nothing less. This idiot has no place on the roads. I am jack of all this anti cyclist BS (despite not being a lycra junkie myself). I have never been held up by a cyclist for more than about 10-15 SECONDS. What the hell is everyone's problem.

Licencing should include psychometric testing to see if applicants have the attitude and aptitute to drive a potentially lethal vehicle on public roads.

Kudo's to the semi driver who managed to avoid making this a catastrophe.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

You sure you werent up his A$$ trying to get him to give it some? 2 car lengths isnt very big.. I'd like to hear his side of the story. Actually he may have started a thread in his porsche club about bogan tailgaters :P
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #16
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Yes I'm sure. And 2 car lengths at 50kph is plenty enough room. That thing could stop on a dime, it's a supercar, if i was up his A$$ I woulda hit him for sure. Even if I was tailgating of following close, it's still no excuse to stop dead in peak hour and jumping out of your car as if to punch someones head in. I dare say I probably provoked him when he stopped by yelling various profanities out the window, but so was the guy in the 4wd behind me. It's simply uncalled for that kind of behaviour. If anything he should be thanking his lucky stars he didnt have 2 ton of Falcon welded to the rear of his car, It would have been a write off for sure.

Also, have to love how there is no contact details on the Porsche Club of Cairns website.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #17
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no offence, but if u complain im sure u could get in trouble for your actions so best leave it be
Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #18
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

At 50 kmh you travel around 14mps. So a 3 second gap (what you learn when you get your L's P's etc) is about 42m your's was about 10m. sorry im just bored :
Old 08-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #19
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony302coupe
They do have a hoon hotline in QLD. Cant remember the number though, 13 XX XX.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #20
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky81
yes they acctually do in qld its called dob in a hoon it has been advetised
its just as easy as ringing your local cop shop.. BUT DONT DO IT :
:o
since when, jees that sucks!!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #21
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Something doesn't add up here, if you did nothing wrong why would you leave in a hurry ?
I would have asked him what the problem is.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #22
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

13HOON???

But seriously, Im with you XR6_661. Just coz this guy drives a porsche doeant mean he owns the road. If he was so friggin scared of you hittin him he is better off not having the car in the first place. He cant control others behaviour.

If I was the Porsche owner, I would have just pulled over if I was that scared of someone hitting me, and let the multitudes of plebs just go past. Wouldnt have been that hard.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
Scott

Suck it up. He obviously thought you were travelling too close and gave you the hint the first time. It seems you travelled even closer, he got the dirts, you yelled and swore at him and he was in just the right frame of mind to tell you what he thought.

This is not worth wasting Police time for. Next time, try giving a little more space and keeping your trap shut unless you want to be in this situation again...... and again.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
Scott

Re the cyclists - fair enough they can use the road and what happened is appalling but FFS, what a pack of [50] morons to be riding in such a large group, in peak hour, on a major arterial - IN SYDNEY!!

Surely there is a better time & place to be training than on such a major road in peak hour.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #25
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Something doesn't add up here, if you did nothing wrong why would you leave in a hurry ?
I would have asked him what the problem is.

Agree with this, why would you leave and get his rego if you didnt know why he was getting out or slamming the brakes on? No ones silly and the 1st thing that will be asked is what started this and whats his side of the story?
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #26
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Course I took off, he looked like he was going to punch my head in. I did what instict tells you to do. The best defense is to run.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 08-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #27
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
Another road rage one Sydney this morning, committed by a Falcon driver.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/beijing20...131112608.html

(Car driver deliberately causes 50 bike pile up)

To me this is attempted murder. Nothing less. This idiot has no place on the roads. I am jack of all this anti cyclist BS (despite not being a lycra junkie myself). I have never been held up by a cyclist for more than about 10-15 SECONDS. What the hell is everyone's problem.

Licencing should include psychometric testing to see if applicants have the attitude and aptitute to drive a potentially lethal vehicle on public roads.

Kudo's to the semi driver who managed to avoid making this a catastrophe.
In this case the Bikes were doing 60 k's so why the Agro towards them, however I have had many an Occasion where a couple of Bike Riders in their Lycra Hog half of the Lane while Traveling well below the Posted Speed when there is plenty of room on the Side of the Road for them to ride & Let Vehicles past as they should.

I Have ridden Bikes since I was 5 or so years old & when I Ride on the Road I Always ride on the left of the white Line when I can because I know I am often Much Slower than the Cars are & do not wish to be a Pain in the Neck Holding them up or for that Matter be Hit by them lol

When my Wife & I go Riding if we are side by side (which is not often) she will move behind me in single file when we hear or see a Vehicle coming & in fact we ride like that Most of the time (in single file to the left of the White line on the Edge of the Road).

Some Bike Riders have a Bad Attitude towards Cars just as some Cars Drivers do towards Bikes however Bike Riders should Keep out of the way of Cars if they are Traveling much slower than the Posted Speed.

No not right on the Edge causing them to Crash.

I have even come across a single Moronic Bike Rider on the HWY right in the Middle of the lane in a 80 Zone doing approx 50, asking to be run down as far as I am Concerned!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #28
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Re the bike pile up. They have been saying it was a Comodore NOT a Falcon on the radio???
Old 08-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #29
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

I have respect for these cyclists. They must trust society a fair bit.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #30
Neoxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Re the cyclists - fair enough they can use the road and what happened is appalling but FFS, what a pack of [50] morons to be riding in such a large group, in peak hour, on a major arterial - IN SYDNEY!!

Surely there is a better time & place to be training than on such a major road in peak hour.
Did you read the article? they cant train anywhere else. they were doing the speed limit, this moron has caused tens of $000's of dollars worth damage and might have even shattered some peoples olympic dreams, for what? arriving to work 45 seconds later.
:

'11 Nissan Navara D22 2.5L pickup!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
because it looks gay, not just gay but mardi gra gay
Closed Thread