Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Default Bill Bourke Special 1:18

Hi all, The Bill Bourke Special has just been released. I picked mine up today after a 5 month wait ! Just wondering if anyone else has one. Sorry no pics as the wife has put it away for x-mas. I managed a quick look and the detail is superb. Even has the Gold metallic in the paint. :

Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it by ClassicCarlectables?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Is it by ClassicCarlectables?
Yes. The detail is remarkable. Its the first ClassicCarlectables model i have bought and i just cant believe the detail and quality. :
Old 29-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
ORSMT-6

Its a great model and I too waited for about 5 months. The detail is just amazing, I collect model cars and I must say its one of the best models I have seen. The quality in the little details is just remarkable, with opening sunroof, adjustable antener and removable boot mat.

Enjoy your Christmas present I know you will.

Regards Pete
Old 30-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #5
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get one coz my missus works there! I've been waiting about 8 months :
Old 30-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

PIX?

I want one.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

XW Phase 1 Bill Bourke Special
Item no: 18168
Release date: November 2007
Limited edition: 4500

The Ford XW Bill Bourke Special is the only Falcon and the only four door car in the world to be built by the Ford, Dearborn USA factory with a big block 428ci (7.0 litre) Cobra Jet engine. It was built in 1969-70 for Bill Bourke after a visit to Australia from Semon "Bunkie" Knudsen, President of the Ford Motor Company, USA, in 1968. He was a muscle car enthusiast and racing fan. He suggested that Bourke produce "real muscle cars", but Bill was hesitant as he did not believe that people would see a four door car as being a muscle car. Bunkie disagreed and suggested Bill send him a car and he would see what his engineers could do with it.

An XW was chosen from the line in Broadmeadows in July 1969, and after about three months in Detroit work was completed. The result is an amazing car and a fitting tribute to the passion of a great man who Ford fans will always remember as the father of the Falcon GT.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
The Ford XW Bill Bourke Special is the only Falcon and the only four door car in the world to be built by the Ford, Dearborn USA factory with a big block 428ci (7.0 litre) Cobra Jet engine. It was built in 1969-70 for Bill Bourke after a visit to Australia from Semon "Bunkie" Knudsen, President of the Ford Motor Company, USA, in 1968. He was a muscle car enthusiast and racing fan. He suggested that Bourke produce "real muscle cars", but Bill was hesitant as he did not believe that people would see a four door car as being a muscle car. Bunkie disagreed and suggested Bill send him a car and he would see what his engineers could do with it.

An XW was chosen from the line in Broadmeadows in July 1969, and after about three months in Detroit work was completed. The result is an amazing car and a fitting tribute to the passion of a great man who Ford fans will always remember as the father of the Falcon GT.
That isn't how I knew the history of the Bourke car, but I will have to wait to see what others say.
Old 30-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Does anyone know if these are still available or sold out? I was waiting for them to come out and wasn't desperate to get one but I would like one.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
boss-290

Classic Carlectables make fantastic quality model cars.

To see the history of their releases; go to www.classiccarlectables.com.au

I can't wait for the 1:18 2007 Bathurst Winner, which I have on order.
boss-290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
That isn't how I knew the history of the Bourke car, but I will have to wait to see what others say.
So lets have your version of the story. Then we will wait and see what others say.
Old 30-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
You're correct, the info provided is somewhat inaccurate. Firstly the Bill Bourke special can't really be claimed to be the only big block sedan built by Detroits
factory as they didn't actually build it, it was built here in Oz first as a GT, they just took it and ripped the Clevo out and put in the big block. Secondly, the story about it being a way of showing Bill Bourke that four doors could be muscle cars is wrong too. Bill Bourke was the one who pushed the idea of a four door muscle car and he lead to its creation. It was the Americans who laughed at the idea of a four door muscle car. And thirdly, the Bill Bourke special was a reward for Bill Bourke's sales performances in Australia. The Americans were very happy with what he had done down here as President, so they said they would build up a special car for him if he sent over something for them to work on. He organised a GT to be taken off the line and sent over to Detroit where they did the special paint job, shaker and big block conversion with the C6 R servo auto plus the other special bits they added like high back seats etc.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
XPfalcon170

i'm hoping to pick mine up on sunday when i pop round to my local (hobby shop that is). Also have to pick up the Lc Brock torana bathurst '71. Can't wait!
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
You're correct, the info provided is somewhat inaccurate. Firstly the Bill Bourke special can't really be claimed to be the only big block sedan built by Detroits
factory as they didn't actually build it, it was built here in Oz first as a GT, they just took it and ripped the Clevo out and put in the big block. Secondly, the story about it being a way of showing Bill Bourke that four doors could be muscle cars is wrong too. Bill Bourke was the one who pushed the idea of a four door muscle car and he lead to its creation. It was the Americans who laughed at the idea of a four door muscle car. And thirdly, the Bill Bourke special was a reward for Bill Bourke's sales performances in Australia. The Americans were very happy with what he had done down here as President, so they said they would build up a special car for him if he sent over something for them to work on. He organised a GT to be taken off the line and sent over to Detroit where they did the special paint job, shaker and big block conversion with the C6 R servo auto plus the other special bits they added like high back seats etc.
PM sent.
Old 30-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #15
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Classic Carlectables make fantastic quality model cars.
I can't wait for the 1:18 2007 Bathurst Winner, which I have on order.
Ditto, although mine isn't on order. I got my first one earlier this year, '06 Bathurst winner. Can't wait for this years!!

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #16
FORD EB 4.0

Classiccarlectables make the more accurate model but they can come with build problems, the Moffat 65E had a few problems with bonnet alignment {paint chips, moulds around front of the car not straight and excessive glue on some areas. So if you buy one try and see it out of the box before you pay or if you are getting it from ebay ask the seller if it has any faults.
FORD EB 4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #17
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD EB 4.0
Classiccarlectables make the more accurate model but they can come with build problems, the Moffat 65E had a few problems with bonnet alignment {paint chips, moulds around front of the car not straight and excessive glue on some areas. So if you buy one try and see it out of the box before you pay or if you are getting it from ebay ask the seller if it has any faults.
Just like a real 1:1 scale new car The shop owner actually opened the box before i bought it and the matt black paint on the bonnet wasnt right. I still bought it and it is mint now.
Old 30-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #18
FORD EB 4.0

Glad that your happy with your car NostalgEA but even Hotwheels can get 1/64 bonnets to open without scratching paint off.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:46 AM   #19
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
That is pretty much how I know it.

Bourke was the push behind the 4 door concept.

The car started life as a GTHO but was modified to Bourkes specs, but I thought the changes were made in Melbourne not overseas. I read an article on it when the the new owner 'released' it to the public
Old 01-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
That is pretty much how I know it.

Bourke was the push behind the 4 door concept.

The car started life as a GTHO but was modified to Bourkes specs, but I thought the changes were made in Melbourne not overseas. I read an article on it when the the new owner 'released' it to the public
From what I know the car was sent to Detroit where it was modified by a Ford special vehicle division. It had many Mustang parts such as the Cobra Jet and C6 auto, high back seats and shaker. The seats eventually made their way into the XA and the shaker into the XY. Too bad the Cobra Jet didn't make its way into Falcon though, but it wouldn't have been any good for Bathurst with all that extra weight over the front end.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #21
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Coffee ford in dandenong have some left im pretty sure. $195. Classics are by far the better model in terms of detail and have a slightly better resale than biante. If anyone is interested i have an xygtho in bronze wine for sale
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Powdered Toast Man

Bought one today. Gotta say it has some nice detail. Now to get a display case for it, my Yellow Glow and Calipso Green XA coupes and my Appolo blue XB coupe.

How does the sunroof open? I'm not game enough to use too much force.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #23
FORD EB 4.0

Push down on the rear of the sliding roof then slide it back, it is not made to open completely.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #24
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Push down on the rear of the sliding roof then slide it back, it is not made to open completely.
Correct, it only opens half way.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #25
Powdered Toast Man

Quote:
I'll give it a try next time it's out of the box. Cheers guys.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #26
LTDHO
The one and only

I saw one yesterday @ almost $200!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #27
AusM
AusMotorsport

Some more pics & info here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11195779

Only 4500 built and almost guaranteed to sell out. They have just been released (two weeks ago), so probably just arrived in stores...
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Just picked one up on Fleabay for $200 so I'm happy given they're sold out! t's my first Classic, although I'm also waiting on a Shelby signed GT500 Eleanor Mustang from the USA. Niiiice.