Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-03-2023, 11:57 AM   #1
Shepherd
Starter Motor

Default Dashboard Reflection on Windscreen

I'm finding the dashboard reflection on the windscreen of my MD to be the worst of any car I've owned.
That's probably because the windscreen is angled back more than on my previous cars, which were built in 2002 & before. (My Renault 12's windscreen might have had a similar angle, but I can't remember that far back.)

I see that I can get a fitted dashboard mat from fitmycar; can anyone advise whether this would be the solution?
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2023, 12:33 PM   #2
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Dashboard Reflection on Windscreen

That would be the only solution, it will help protect your dash from becoming brittle from the sun too.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2023, 02:11 PM   #3
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Make sure you get the blackest one you can. Ive had a few Greyish / Black ones that seem to reflect silvery in the screen, could be the "grey" reflects the sun or just the plastic stuff they are made of.
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2023, 12:02 PM   #4
Shepherd
Starter Motor

Thank you both.
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #5
AlanM

Armourall can make the dash very glossy which doesn't help.
There's a low sheen version of armourall which lessens the reflections.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post