Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #151
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKPHN
Hey all,

Well i had a Mondeo TDCi for this afternoon form andrew as my grandparents are looking at buying a new car, for what these cars are they have great styling and appeal in what you get for your dollar. These cars really handle great they really don't feel like a front wheel drive car after spending 20min behind the wheel it is a very non demanding car to drive smooth car to drive. It didn't want to "torque" steer like most front wheel drive cars do. The driving postion is very different to any other car ive driven you sit extreemly low yet you can see everything, they are a spacious well equiped car the TDCi goes well nothing like my typhoon but really well. Not noisy inside at all which i was surprised. anyhoo.

My grandparents bought one TDCi leather etc etc and yet another great deal from Andrew and the guys at etheridge ford
Gee these things really are starting to roll of the dealer floor (or is that boat! )

I noticed the the low driving position as well, i remarked to my mate that it it is like a F1 car more than a supercar . Although supercar drivers also sit low in their cars. Seriously, it does seem low at first but you get the hang of it.

Yeah, they go allright those tdci's don't they. Certainly nowhere near the perofrmance of your phoon, but that is understandable i am sure you would agree. The handling is very neutral, and hard to upset really unless you try on purpose like i did : Very good handler considering they are 1.6 tonnes of front drive family motoring.

Anyway congrats on your grandparent's new purchase, am sure they will love all the nifty features all over the car as well.
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #152
BammasAUIIIXR8

Has anyone seen the Tango colour up close and can give me an idea what it looks like ???

Peter R.
BammasAUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #153
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammasAUIIIXR8
Has anyone seen the Tango colour up close and can give me an idea what it looks like ???

Peter R.
have not seen it in the "flesh",But from the Brochure it looks great.
Speaking of Mondeo,The mondeo is up for Car of the Year on various websites.Which is good,it deserves it.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #154
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammasAUIIIXR8

Peter R.

Here is my Fiesta in Tango.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #155
BammasAUIIIXR8

Not quite the Tango from my XC ute but a nice colour nonetheless.

Thanks,
Peter R.
BammasAUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #156
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Does anyone know if a full-size tyre will fit in the spare wheel well, or only the space saver? My grandmother is considering a Mondeo (& a Camry) and wants a full size spare.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #157
El Sucio

I imagine the spare wheel well will only be deep enough for a space saver..hence the name.

I've had a couple of cars (jap imports) with space savers and even then they only just fit in their space.

Would love the full size spare as an option though.

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #158
El Sucio

I've got a question re the XR5 Mondeo: Does it come with a limited slip diferential? Does the XR5 Focus have an lsd?

I really don't want a single spinner...it would probably be the only reason why I wouldn't buy it.

I asked the guy at the dealership and he was a bit blase' when he said "yes sue it does" without really looking like he thouht about the response. I haven't been able to find anything in the official releases.

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger

Old 16-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #159
zetec
Zoom Zoom

If in doubt, then it wouldn't have one. It doesn't suffer from torque steer like the Focus as it's a heavier car, so it has even less of a need for one.

It most certainly doesn't even cause a blip on the radar for me when I'm considering one. It drives brilliantly without ever really hinting at torque steer.
Old 16-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #160
jweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Does anyone know if a full-size tyre will fit in the spare wheel well, or only the space saver? My grandmother is considering a Mondeo (& a Camry) and wants a full size spare.
I read a review in regards to that,by memory the reviewer said the Wheel well seemed big enough to fit a full size spare.I will see if i can find it for you.
Old 16-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #161
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb
I read a review in regards to that,by memory the reviewer said the Wheel well seemed big enough to fit a full size spare.I will see if i can find it for you.
I have also read the same thing but can't find the review. I have a TDCi on order and to be honest, the space saver was one of only very few negatives. I did look at the spare but can't remember if there was room for a full size.
Old 17-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #162
El Sucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
If in doubt, then it wouldn't have one. It doesn't suffer from torque steer like the Focus as it's a heavier car, so it has even less of a need for one.

It most certainly doesn't even cause a blip on the radar for me when I'm considering one. It drives brilliantly without ever really hinting at torque steer.
I hope your right. I really like to "drive" my cars (if u know what I mean) and I'm just a little concerned about going back to a front driver after 10 years of falcoons.

Looks like I'll need to learn how to do a 3 point turn again. :o)

I'm loving the brochure though and am excited about owning a Ford with a heap of in-car fruit. I had Ford ring me yesterday to arrange a test drive when it arrives in the dealerships here in another month.

Very excited!!

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger

Old 18-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #163
jweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sucio
I hope your right. I really like to "drive" my cars (if u know what I mean) and I'm just a little concerned about going back to a front driver after 10 years of falcoons.

Looks like I'll need to learn how to do a 3 point turn again. :o)

I'm loving the brochure though and am excited about owning a Ford with a heap of in-car fruit. I had Ford ring me yesterday to arrange a test drive when it arrives in the dealerships here in another month.

Very excited!!
You will not be disappointed.Even though they are FWD they handle great,due to good steering and suspension geometry and the balast of the car,making for great power down .
Where you looking at the Tdci?.
Old 19-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #164
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Thanks for the replies. There was a review in the local paper (Leader) that claimed a full size spare was an option but the Ford website does not show that. Obviously a full sized spare would be wider & raise the boot floor, but that would actually be an advantage for my grandmother as it would be easier to load & unload, she doesn't need the full capacity (so long as it can fit golf clubs!).
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post