Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
XR4568

Default 176Kw/340Nm 'Enhanced' Ecoboost engine available in NZ

What gives Ford Australia! NZ gets a 176Kw/340Nm 'Enhanced' Ecoboost engine available just for the Titanium model.

http://www.ford.co.nz/cars/new-mondeo

Surely Ford Oz could pull their finger out and order some too. Would help differentiate the Titanium model perfectly.

XR4568 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
b2428

Default Re: 176Kw/340Nm 'Enhanced' Ecoboost engine available in NZ

I think this would be a great fit. However given the shrinking sales of the falcon can one honestly expect the release of something that would possibly steal more sales? The falcon is a wonderful car. One I would buy if there was a product that fitted with my needs. Unfortunately it didnt and so I jumped across to a diesel mondeo. Speaking after having both I can honestly see why some are change to the mondeo and sometimes wonder why more havent. Esp given the diesel for example i have constantly averages mid 6's even when i drive it hard.

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
XR4568

Quite the contrary I would think. Falcon is effectively gone now. Why not start ramping up Mondeo efforts assuming stock is restored given Mondeo is in all likelihood going to be the Falcon replacement.
XR4568 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Mondeo - Supply seems to be the problem....again/still (see other thread)
Falcon - same size, different market demographic IMHO (and in my case too). Ford have announce Falcon name will be 'retired'.

Ecoboost 176kw - Falcon spec version? ....and <grumble> more than my XR5T !!!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: