Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-10-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
DaNeoS
Banned

Default New Stereo In... one problem thou

ok guys finially got the new speakers and amp. so my stereo now is as follows

JVC Headunit With Ipod Support
Alpine S-Type 6 1/2" Front Splits wif Tweeters
Alpine S-Type 6 1/2" Rear Co Axials
Alpine V-Power 4 Channel Amp (Speaker Amp)
Kicker 12" CVR 400wrms Subs x 2
Audiobahn 800wrms Monoblock amp (sub amp)
Cadence 2 Channel amp 300watt
1 Farad Capacitor

at the moment ive got the cadence bridged to run 1 sub due to my audiobahn amp being back getting repaired, so when that returns that will all beback up and running.

my problem is, with the capacitor many people tell me different storys .

people a. tell me with the main power cable going to my distribution block to cut into the cable and put to ring terminals on it and join the capacitor in line.

people b. tell me it can be joined in to the distirbution block using the spare port just run another lead to it?

who is correct if i havnt described myself properly tell me and ill re type it, but as far as i know no matter how it connected it will still have 12v where ever it is?

and also if anyone is after a new amp / subs in a months time or 2 i willbe getting rid of the mono block 800wrms and the 2 kicker 12" cvr's to make way to 2 alpine r-type 12" and 2 v12 alpine monoblocks.

regards dane

DaNeoS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

ok, this is a great debate,
but heres the rough idea of a cap.
an amp wants to drain huge power fast,
i norm sucks from battery (cos alternator not quick enough)
however if you insert a cap (a fast battery) in between the amp n battery the cap will get the mass drain n the battery will get the after drain (smaller).

the way to wire is
power wire goes from battery to + of cap.
power wire goes from + of cap to amp.
there is not need for spliters/blocks. do a direct wire on the + of cap.
if you do have a spliter/block put it on the amp side of the cap. that way all other amps get the use of the cap to.

if this doesnt make sense ill draw a diagram
good luck with it all
bradman

i foregot to add
CHARGE THE CAP BEFORE HARD WIRING, YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR ELEC SYSTEM IF YOU DONT CHARGE IT FIRST.
charging is done using a small resistor (see cap instructions)
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
efgiar
rofl copter

the above is correct, mostly, it doesnt matter if u put the amp on A side of cap or B side because in theory it is all connected meaning the whole cars electrical system is using the cap.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
DaNeoS
Banned

good good cap was charged properly readthe instructions. got in sorted out now no more dimming headlights on big bass drops
DaNeoS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post