Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 21-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
El Tazo
Dick off, Mr Slattery

Default Discs and pads for DF

Hi Matt,

I'm looking to overhaul my brakes on my DF LTD, could you please give me a price on DBA T2 slotted discs for all four wheels? Elks said I should ask you about your low-dust pads as well. And what's the cost of postage to Victoria?

Actually, while I'm at it, I hear you do a front caliper upgrade for E-series cars - can you provide some information about that? Feel free to PM me if you need to!

Cheers,

Tas

BF Typhoon - manual, bolt-ons, noice tunes, abused every time it's driven

Previous Projects:
Festy - Daily XR4 Grandad's ZJ: Laid to rest Danny's EL Fairmont - Barra-swapped, left home

How To's:
A half-decent 6.5" speaker install in an EF/EL 85A Clevo alternator upgrade
El Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Discs and pads for DF

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tazo View Post
Hi Matt,

I'm looking to overhaul my brakes on my DF LTD, could you please give me a price on DBA T2 slotted discs for all four wheels? Elks said I should ask you about your low-dust pads as well. And what's the cost of postage to Victoria?

Actually, while I'm at it, I hear you do a front caliper upgrade for E-series cars - can you provide some information about that? Feel free to PM me if you need to!

Cheers,

Tas
I can do the rotors for $95 each if you buy all 4 and low dust pads are from $60 a set but are for std street use thanks mate.
The front kit is $2200 with exchange uprights we use a AU11 twin piston calipers and EL GT slotted rotors. You will need new ball joints.
Freight will depend on postcode and weight and if you let me know the postcode when your ready i will quote the freight thanks.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #3
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

What pads would you recommend, for use on an EL Fairmont, if I was to fit some slotted DBA4000 series rotors, and stay with standard PBR calipers.
(plus rebuild the calipers if need be)

Currently, the brakes are just awful, refuse to pull up the car and shudder horribly (yet work pretty smoothly when cold),
despite being machined about 20,000km's ago.

I've have a set of slotted 4000series rotors, but haven't fitted them yet.

Are there any other upgrades, or hints/tips you'd suggest to do at the same time?

Previously, the discs were machined, bearings greased, Bendix CT pads fitted, brake fluid replaced with PBR fluid, and the caliper slides were buffed and greased.
Brakes didn't stay nice for long, (and even when nice, still refused to pull up the car without significant pedal effort.)

The pedal falls away under pressure when the engine is started, so I'm pretty sure the booster is working.

Suggestions?

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave View Post
What pads would you recommend, for use on an EL Fairmont, if I was to fit some slotted DBA4000 series rotors, and stay with standard PBR calipers.
(plus rebuild the calipers if need be)

Currently, the brakes are just awful, refuse to pull up the car and shudder horribly (yet work pretty smoothly when cold),
despite being machined about 20,000km's ago.

I've have a set of slotted 4000series rotors, but haven't fitted them yet.

Are there any other upgrades, or hints/tips you'd suggest to do at the same time?

Previously, the discs were machined, bearings greased, Bendix CT pads fitted, brake fluid replaced with PBR fluid, and the caliper slides were buffed and greased.
Brakes didn't stay nice for long, (and even when nice, still refused to pull up the car without significant pedal effort.)

The pedal falls away under pressure when the engine is started, so I'm pretty sure the booster is working.

Suggestions?

TRW Ceramic pads for bog stock street use or the Remsa pads for spirited street use.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 03-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Which of those have the most bite?
I want something that will work well from cold.

In your opinion, how do they compare to the QFM/HPX pads?
Someone has suggested those to me also.

Do you have a recommended Brake Fluid?

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave View Post
Which of those have the most bite?
I want something that will work well from cold.

In your opinion, how do they compare to the QFM/HPX pads?
Someone has suggested those to me also.

Do you have a recommended Brake Fluid?
Every brake pad on the market has there own issues and some will love a particular brand of pad yet there are many that won't.
HPX brake pads are the same as we have many customers who swear by them yet just as many hate them and you really have to try them yourself to know.
Remsa are the same and we sell heaps of them without issue but sometimes you will get them and they will squeal etc just like all the others.
In my opinion i think the Remsa has the edge over the QFM for bite.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 21-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
El Tazo
Dick off, Mr Slattery

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED View Post
TRW Ceramic pads for bog stock street use or the Remsa pads for spirited street use.
Hi Matt,

What are these two like for dust? I've heard of Bendix GCTs breaking up on slotted rotors, is this something to watch out for with all non-performance pads?

BF Typhoon - manual, bolt-ons, noice tunes, abused every time it's driven

Previous Projects:
Festy - Daily XR4 Grandad's ZJ: Laid to rest Danny's EL Fairmont - Barra-swapped, left home

How To's:
A half-decent 6.5" speaker install in an EF/EL 85A Clevo alternator upgrade
El Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tazo View Post
Hi Matt,

What are these two like for dust? I've heard of Bendix GCTs breaking up on slotted rotors, is this something to watch out for with all non-performance pads?
The ceramics are low dust the Remsa are dusty. Have had no issues as far as braking up on street use and yes the Bendix GCT pads have had issues with slotted rotors by mainly causing shudder and rotor surface issues.

Phone 02 9609 1101