Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 08-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
Brett Ison
Starter Motor

Smile 2001 Au XR8 vacuum Control Unit

HI All, I am chasing the Vacuum unit in the centre dash that controls air direction, Heater ETC mine has cracks in it and has air leaks, anybody know where to get one

Thanks
2001 AU XR8 Ute 4.9 Litre Manual.
Brett Ison is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
BLU-220
AU XR8 220KW OWNER
Donating Member2

Default Re: 2001 Au XR8 vacuum Control Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Ison View Post
HI All, I am chasing the Vacuum unit in the centre dash that controls air direction, Heater ETC mine has cracks in it and has air leaks, anybody know where to get one

Thanks
2001 AU XR8 Ute 4.9 Litre Manual.
Pm Pridenjoy he might have one in his AU parts catalogue but his in Vic though

Cheers Dean

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...435729&page=10
Old 10-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Thanks Dean.

Brett so you're after the black part with all dials and AC/demister buttons or just part of that? I have a few and can post. PM if keen.

PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
Metdevil
Starter Motor

Hey Pride, are there replaceable clips on the back of those fascias? Mine has had a rattle since I got it (presumably from the previous owner changing the stereo). Just wondering if I could just replace some clips or if I'd need another one.
Cheers.
Metdevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

if you're after the beige plastic control block at the back, have a look in "the pub", I remember seeing a guy there who was looking at 3d printing replacements
Old 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Hey Pride, are there replaceable clips on the back of those fascias? Mine has had a rattle since I got it (presumably from the previous owner changing the stereo). Just wondering if I could just replace some clips or if I'd need another one.
Cheers.
The grey surround has six metal clips behind it as in these pics. The black bit is mainly screwed into grey bit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #7
Brett Ison
Starter Motor

HI There, so my vacuum unit is cracked and leaking, yours looks complete I don't really need the surround but up to you. I live in NSW 2317 how much you looking for it.

Thanks

Brett
Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Send me a pic of the bit you're after mate and I'll price it.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #9
Brett Ison
Starter Motor

Hello, Im having trouble uploading the photos but I need the whole white part in your photo, they get old and crack.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #10
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

No probs, PM me and we'll work it out.
Old 18-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #11
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11471909