Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT Club of Geelong

Old 20-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
bob^
LPS

Default Weddings

Hey guys, just wondering if many of you do weddings in Geelong?
My missus wants BMW's but I told her no way. I am after a few XR through to XY's for our wedding in Feb.

Cheers

bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
newi

Default Re: Weddings

Hi mate,

When is it?

I have a 50th Anniversary XR6T in black. I have a couple of other things on in Feb but would help if I can. I'd love some professional photos of it with some other hot Fords!!

Regards,

Paul
newi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
newi

Actually I think I may have read that wrong. Your looking for the XR falcon - not the XR6/XR8 falcon... My bad..
newi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
Hey guys, just wondering if many of you do weddings in Geelong?
My missus wants BMW's but I told her no way. I am after a few XR through to XY's for our wedding in Feb.

Cheers
why not both?

excuse my ignorance i know nothing about it but i cant see why you couldnt have both there...

1993 Honda VFR750F
dylby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
bob^
LPS

Hey Paul, yes unfortunately I am after XR as in the 60's model.
At this stage I want the 60's muscle car look, but I will still keep your offer in mind mate. The wedding is the 18th of Feb.
Old 28-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

We use to have a Guy in the Club who had 2 Gold XWs he used for Weddings. He had it as a Business. The only trouble is that you need to have them registered as Taxis .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
TP351
Lurker

Apart from the fact it's illegal to do it for cash unless the car is registered with the Taxi directorate (yes i got busted once), most guys aren't interested mostly due to the risk of damage, plus the time/effort/fuel required v's renumeration.
I've tried in the past to get cars for friends to no avail.
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
bob^
LPS

Lined up a blue XR, and two white XW's. I will throw some photos up after the wedding
Old 25-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
mitcht
Starter Motor

Hey bob,

i to am getting married but in april and have been trying to chase down some falcons of that era (XR XW XY). Proving to be pretty bloody difficult. Wondering if the people you have found would be interested in another wedding? We are only chasing down one car pretty sure.

Any info or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mitcht is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post