Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 29-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #61
my_gs_fpv
Starter Motor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower
We also use Castrol Edge 0w40 on all our V8 street cars..
The race car gets something special that not avaliable in Aust.
We also use FUCHS as thats what some of our customers want to run and seems to be a good product.
There are a few top end oils out there and they all seem to do a good job.
Oils like GTX3 and Magentic i would be staying away from.

hi Theo

you mentioned above to stay away from GTX3. I have a new fpv gs and i think they use this for the
first 15,000 k's from factory they say to bed the motor in and then go to castrol 0w40. I always do an oil and filter change every 5000. Would you recommend using the Synthetic oil at 5000.

cheers

manny
my_gs_fpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #62
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

No problem mate, you can use it now.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #63
SilverMustang
Was Red Territory

Hi Guys

I bought a flash tuner 2 from you a while ago and I really want to be able to do some of my own adjustments like take some timing out to stop pinging and maybe give it a little more fuel and maybe make the throttle response 1:1. I cant as its locked by a password which I think you guys put in.

Are you able to unlock it for me?

thanks
1967 Mustang Coupe
1955 Thunderbird (Project)

Previous cars:
Audi Q5, BMW X5, Territory Ghia Turbo, BA GT
SilverMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #64
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Territory
Hi Guys

I bought a flash tuner 2 from you a while ago and I really want to be able to do some of my own adjustments like take some timing out to stop pinging and maybe give it a little more fuel and maybe make the throttle response 1:1. I cant as its locked by a password which I think you guys put in.

Are you able to unlock it for me?

thanks
Hi mate,

if this car is detonating, it will need to be put on the dyno IMMEDIATLEY to determine what is the cause..........there are many things that could be causing it.

If the car has a fuel supply issue, removing timing will not help, fuel delivery needs to be complete, and the timing needs to stay IN the tune, as it helps complete the burn and keep cyl temps down.

If you have the same boost, but lean mixtures and remove timing as a "fix" you will raise cyl temps and risk an engine.

Further to this, it is not company policy to have these boxes calibrated as to give users ability to "self tune" so unfortunately we cannot help there, perhaps if you give me a call on 03 9305 3000 we can discuss getting the car in here so we can see what is wrong with it.

Regards

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post