Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
partychef
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta - transmission/engine system fault light

Hi guys

I have an automatic 2006 WQ Fiesta. My wife was driving it recently and got stranded after the transmission/engine system fault warning light came on along with the check engine light.

Basically, once the car comes to a stop, in gear, the engine begins revving much higher then the transmission/engine system fault light comes on. The car then enters into limp mode. I can turn the engine off then back on and it drives fine, until I come to a stop. When at speed with my foot off the accelerator, the vehicle maintains the speed, as if I have cruise control (which is a problem, because i don't).

I took it to a mechanic who scanned it. He got a P2176 code and P061B, cleaned the air filter, cleared the codes and claimed it was fixed and charged me $200. About four hours later the same problem occurred.

What I have figured out is that when I come to a stop, putting the car in neutral will stop it from entering limp mode - it does rev quite high though. If i have the air con on settings 3 or higher, I don't need to put it in neutral.

I have given the throttle body a good clean and tried clearing the code by removing the -ve terminal for a period of time but this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by partychef; 23-02-2015 at 12:18 PM.
partychef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fiesta - transmission/engine system fault light

Hi partychef, unfortunately, I don't think I have had the same problem.
I did at one point had a problem where if I was on the brakes at the lights, the engine would cut off and there'd be this word near the speedometer. Dealer mentioned something about carbon build up?
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
Bargey

Quote:
Originally Posted by partychef View Post
Hi guys

I have an automatic 2006 WQ Fiesta. My wife was driving it recently and got stranded after the transmission/engine system fault warning light came on along with the check engine light.

Basically, once the car comes to a stop, in gear, the engine begins revving much higher then the transmission/engine system fault light comes on. The car then enters into limp mode. I can turn the engine off then back on and it drives fine, until I come to a stop. When at speed with my foot off the accelerator, the vehicle maintains the speed, as if I have cruise control (which is a problem, because i don't).

I took it to a mechanic who scanned it. He got a P2176 code and P061B, cleaned the air filter, cleared the codes and claimed it was fixed and charged me $200. About four hours later the same problem occurred.

What I have figured out is that when I come to a stop, putting the car in neutral will stop it from entering limp mode - it does rev quite high though. If i have the air con on settings 3 or higher, I don't need to put it in neutral.

I have given the throttle body a good clean and tried clearing the code by removing the -ve terminal for a period of time but this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Found this info, hope it helps.
Ford Fiesta & Fusion upto 2003 1.25 1.4 1.6 Duratec
Problem: Loss of power and EAC FAIL displayed.
Solution: The EAC FAIL relates to the electronic accelerator control. Vehicles that trigger diagnostic fault codes (DTCs) / fault codes P2138 with P2122, P2123 or P2127 a common problem is the PCM (powertrain control module = ECM = engine control module) electrical connector. Check the electrical connector for the PCM for damage to the terminals and pins. Replace or repair as necessary. On vehicles that trigger P2119, P2135, P2176, P0120, P0122, P0123, P0220, P0222 or P0223 fault codes can suffer from the same PCM terminal damage but also suffer from throttle body electrical connector damage. The throttle body will need to be inspected and tested using an scope or scanner looking at live data. Check the serial number on the throttle body. Replace with a revised throttle body of the serial number is below 400000. Fault codes definition:

Also found this which might help:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-6-petrol.html
Old 26-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #4
partychef
Starter Motor

After being stumped and reluctant to donate more money to a mechanic, I had a mad look at it. He found a hole in the crankcase vent hose??. Replaced and cleared the fault. Runs beautifully.

Thanks for your advice
partychef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post