Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #61
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ford Maverick ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMOND View Post
Mate let me guess, you drive a landcruiser, or you haven't had much to do with 4WDs.
^this
Old 21-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #62
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Rwd Falcons and Subarus will not get further. Nobody says that except people who take offence to the truth.

I'm not an expert but I've had enough experience. Perhaps you're the expert going by the way you speak?

The diffs and boxes are tough yes. But need to be locked to
Be more useful than spinning diagonal wheels and digging up the ground. Read my post again you nugget. People as usual read what they want to read.

Seen comps yep. Noticed what the base vehicles are. What's your point? Not
Much is left standard in those. Those are also competition vehicles not day to day spec ones as per original thread. Pointless to even mention.

As usual the fan boys getting all pants ****y because somebody speaks ill of their love!! As expected.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #63
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
^this
None of you know me or my history. Typical responses. Such tough guys.
But that's okay, I'm used to hearing it all and ALWAYS from Patrol owners. Landcruiser guys are way more understanding and open minded. But that's just my lack of experience talking right?

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #64
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Rwd Falcons and Subarus will not get further. Nobody says that except people who take offence to the truth.

I'm not an expert but I've had enough experience. Perhaps you're the expert going by the way you speak?

The diffs and boxes are tough yes. But need to be locked to
Be more useful than spinning diagonal wheels and digging up the ground. Read my post again you nugget. People as usual read what they want to read.

Seen comps yep. Noticed what the base vehicles are. What's your point? Not
Much is left standard in those. Those are also competition vehicles not day to day spec ones as per original thread. Pointless to even mention.

As usual the fan boys getting all pants ****y because somebody speaks ill of their love!! As expected.
I do have a lot of expertise on the vehicle that the OP asked about, as i have owned one,modified one, as have all my mates. You have not.

You seem to be missing the point of the thread.
Here ill refresh it for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1939 View Post
I have been looking for that XR8 Falcon Ute, and widen a few searches for Australian Vehicles that I wanted to get a look at. Came across the Nissan powered Ford Maverick. I see quite a few of them for sale, but wanted to get impressions of them in general from the people that are in the know. It might speak volumes that there are not any "Maverick" links on the site
Unfortunately, i dont seem to see any mention of why tracks are closed, and how much one should spend on their tyres.

Maybe you should start your own thread on that?
Old 21-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #65
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
But that's okay, I'm used to hearing it all and ALWAYS from Patrol owners. Landcruiser guys are way more understanding and open minded. But that's just my lack of experience talking right?
Probably, Because your both being recovered by Nissans...
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #66
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Old 21-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #67
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
Everyone knows a pov pack 2wd low rider ranger with its 2.2 diesel and rwd is the king of going anywhere.. not. There's a guy around the corner with a mav who has slowly been adding bits and pieces to it and often it's covered in crap, so from that, I'm assuming they aren't terrible. It's a later model though, has the more rounded plastic grill.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #68
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
So this isnt you?
https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11457206

or as it sits now?
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balg...ped/1139755673

That pic of my GQ is when i sold mine.
Thats my history.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #69
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

You're definitely a Patrol owner. Oh yes sir. I'm on my phone and on the go so not going to open links, but that's probably my project EA I no longer want because I aquired the EL which is worth keeping over the EA. It was fun, but I already have a bush car. Neither will ever be able to do what there is around Sydney.

It doesn't surprise me the effort you put in to shutting me down. Really doesn't. I take my hat off to you sir. Just proves how sore people like you are when their precious cars are attacked. Totally ignored the points I was making aswell. I voiced my opinions on these cars. I completed the requirement for the thread. I said they are hardy but slow. But it's cool. I couldn't care less what you say, ford forums arguments are brilliant!!

To the OP, if you're a knob and have a really strong jaw that doesn't get sore quick, THIS IS THE CAR FOR YOU!

I'll check back soon for your reply! Seeya!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #70
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Everyone knows a pov pack 2wd low rider ranger with its 2.2 diesel and rwd is the king of going anywhere.. not. There's a guy around the corner with a mav who has slowly been adding bits and pieces to it and often it's covered in crap, so from that, I'm assuming they aren't terrible. It's a later model though, has the more rounded plastic grill.
2wd rwd will go far with a good driver and a car that's not too heavy. That's what existed and worked before 4x4 took off. Now it's that or be hated on. But anyway I better start my own thread, Mr Man above is getting teary!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #71
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #72
Kicking back

Quote:
2wd rwd will go far with a good driver and a car that's not too heavy. That's what existed and worked before 4x4 took off. Now it's that or be hated on. But anyway I better start my own thread, Mr Man above is getting teary!
Not on 215 Lts in the wet, I struggle at times.on my steep driveway. Real tyres and ride height maybe, but not the poverty pack with the slippery up back in reversem
This user likes this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #73
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Probably, Because your both being recovered by Nissans...

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #74
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Not on 215 Lts in the wet, I struggle at times.on my steep driveway. Real tyres and ride height maybe, but not the poverty pack with the slippery up back in reversem
Absolutely, my EL is hopeless for traction. But my EA project wasn't and neither is the Fairlane. LSD works wonders. Utes however tend to be too light in the rear to keep enough pressure on the tyres to stick the power down.

But again I don't know anything about Offroad.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #75
Kicking back

Quote:
Absolutely, my EL is hopeless for traction. But my EA project wasn't and neither is the Fairlane. LSD works wonders. Utes however tend to be too light in the rear to keep enough pressure on the tyres to stick the power down.

I know nothing about off road, the pov pack I don't pay for its Supplied and always loaded. Still crap running heavy
Old 21-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #76
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:

To the OP, if you're a knob and have a really strong jaw that doesn't get sore quick, THIS IS THE CAR FOR YOU!

There's no need for name calling the OP .... they only asked for opinions on the vehicle.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #77
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
You're definitely a Patrol owner. Oh yes sir. I'm on my phone and on the go so not going to open links, but that's probably my project EA I no longer want because I aquired the EL which is worth keeping over the EA. It was fun, but I already have a bush car. Neither will ever be able to do what there is around Sydney.

It doesn't surprise me the effort you put in to shutting me down. Really doesn't. I take my hat off to you sir. Just proves how sore people like you are when their precious cars are attacked. Totally ignored the points I was making aswell. I voiced my opinions on these cars. I completed the requirement for the thread. I said they are hardy but slow. But it's cool. I couldn't care less what you say, ford forums arguments are brilliant!!

Effort? You have a build thread on here
Oh for the wreck? Came up while browsing cheap parts.

Now, after much name calling and back pedaling(from your part), maybe i will make it easier for you (unfortunately i cant type any slower). I dont own a PATROL. I owned one 12 years ago! as far as your points and opinions, they reek of Butthurt from both on track-and in life. To the OP- having a strong jaw is a good thing, you dont want to be known as a glass jaw like one of our famous boxers (Interceptor are you Mundine? you certainly talk the talk).

Have you ever wondered why YOU get involved in so many Forum arguments?
Old 21-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #78
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:

Obviously, Because most normal people that wanted to go offroad would.....(wait for it)- BUY A 4WD!

disclaimer- yes i realise 2 wheel drives CAN go offroad, and get towed out!
3 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #79
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
There's no need for name calling the OP .... they only asked for opinions on the vehicle.
I wasnt calling the OP that, just stating the prerequisite for owning aforementioned vehicle. Sorry! Ill hold off. I think ive said enough anyway, ive had fun, i shall go shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:.
I know nothing about off road, the pov pack I don't pay for its Supplied and always loaded. Still crap running heavy
Ahh too much weight over the back perhaps.

Not enough weight means wheelspin. Too much means it sinks in and bogs down, means more throttle given which means wheelspin. 4x4 takes out the vehicle prep and brain power required to pull off a good 2wd offroader. Only reccommend 2wd offroad when made purley for fun and enjoyment and strictly for those who know how to handle them. Work sites however are boggy as hell, cant win in that department regardless on how you drive.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #80
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Obviously, Because most normal people that wanted to go offroad would.....(wait for it)- BUY A 4WD!

disclaimer- yes i realise 2 wheel drives CAN go offroad, and get towed out!
Yep they do! And thats a good thing. People must do go for a 4x4, its a no brainer. 2wd only for certain people.
Pity if joe blogs in his new stock 4x4 wanted a weekend out in the blue mountains, need a monster truck build to do anything out there.

Towed out eh? Okay now youre having me on! are you being serious or is that just banter? Seriously man .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
Effort? You have a build thread on here
Oh for the wreck? Came up while browsing cheap parts.

Now, after much name calling and back pedaling(from your part), maybe i will make it easier for you (unfortunately i cant type any slower). I dont own a PATROL. I owned one 12 years ago! as far as your points and opinions, they reek of Butthurt from both on track-and in life. To the OP- having a strong jaw is a good thing, you dont want to be known as a glass jaw like one of our famous boxers (Interceptor are you Mundine? you certainly talk the talk).

Have you ever wondered why YOU get involved in so many Forum arguments?
Ahh i forgot about that. Should put the link in my for sale ad. Cheers for that! I cant be bothered parting it out myself, hoping somebody else will. I want yard and shed space so something has to go.

Sorry i got ahead of myself. Hmmm i guess you would own a Navara now perhaps? Also suits the bill of a Patrol driver.

I talk the talk because nobody else does. Im sick of people like you talking down people when they make good points about certain things. Im sick of people like you who end up bogged to the ****house in muck because they sunk deep into the bog hole because they weigh over 2 tonnes and im stuck behind you then have to go too fast to make it through the now torn up hole. But thats okay because you have a real 4x4 and nobody blinks an eye about it. But god forbid something else does that, the **** hits the fan. And same so should somebody speak the truth about it.

No i havent wondered. I know why i get involed in arguments. Because i start them, by adding my opinion which is that usually against the common opinion shared here. Maybe people are too scared to cant be bothered with arguments so they dont post unless in agreeance. Clash of opinion is what causes arguments. Forums are for discussions. Spirited discussions are arguments.

Im not here to kiss *** and agree with everybody. And certainly arent going to lay down for people like you.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #81
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
I am tears of laughter from your ignorance.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #82
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
I am tears of laughter from your ignorance.

My my would you beleive so am i!! You have made my evening.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #83
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yep they do! And thats a good thing. People must do go for a 4x4, its a no brainer. 2wd only for certain people.
Pity if joe blogs in his new stock 4x4 wanted a weekend out in the blue mountains, need a monster truck build to do anything out there.

Towed out eh? Okay now youre having me on! are you being serious or is that just banter? Seriously man .

Ahh i forgot about that. Should put the link in my for sale ad. Cheers for that! I cant be bothered parting it out myself, hoping somebody else will. I want yard and shed space so something has to go.

Sorry i got ahead of myself. Hmmm i guess you would own a Navara now perhaps? Also suits the bill of a Patrol driver.

I talk the talk because nobody else does. Im sick of people like you talking down people when they make good points about certain things. Im sick of people like you who end up bogged to the ****house in muck because they sunk deep into the bog hole because they weigh over 2 tonnes and im stuck behind you then have to go too fast to make it through the now torn up hole. But thats okay because you have a real 4x4 and nobody blinks an eye about it. But god forbid something else does that, the **** hits the fan. And same so should somebody speak the truth about it.

No i havent wondered. I know why i get involed in arguments. Because i start them, by adding my opinion which is that usually against the common opinion shared here. Maybe people are too scared to cant be bothered with arguments so they dont post unless in agreeance. Clash of opinion is what causes arguments. Forums are for discussions. Spirited discussions are arguments.

Im not here to kiss *** and agree with everybody. And certainly arent going to lay down for people like you.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sorry mate i tuned out, what were you saying.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:42 PM   #84
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

solid

solid

you know how i know you haven't owned a 4wd??
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #85
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
solid

solid

you know how i know you haven't owned a 4wd??
Because of the excuses??
Old 21-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #86
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #87
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

It would be nice if we could cut down on the personal slanging here. I'm sure our American friend is laughing at some of the comments.

However, not all 4 wheel driving is done in Muddy conditions, occasionally it's on soft sand, and two wheel drive vehicles don't get on too well there.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #88
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
solid

solid

you know how i know you haven't owned a 4wd
Gee what an unsurprising answer from you. Have you ever posted anything on here that requires more than 2 seconds to read? Such a great contribution.
If you search hard enough on this forum you will probably find a photo at least of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sorry mate i tuned out, what were you saying.
Awesome response. Didnt expect anything more.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 21-03-2017, 09:55 PM   #89
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Because of the excuses??

im that kent thats winged 2WD in a 4WD until i got stuck for giggles

4WD ftw ;)
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #90
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
It would be nice if we could cut down on the personal slanging here. I'm sure our American friend is laughing at some of the comments.

However, not all 4 wheel driving is done in Muddy conditions, occasionally it's on soft sand, and two wheel drive vehicles don't get on too well there.
No worries Gas.
Im sure he would be! The pub hasnt been this exciting since Hulk was around.

Yeah tell me about it. Sand is what makes up 90% of WA. Would keep well away from sand in 2wd. However i have seen some surprising things and have video proof. Not that anyone is interested because Mont is right and pottery beige's one liner proves ive never had a 4x4.

Subaru Outback '02