Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #31
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Murder- Suicide on our roads

A bloke goes out of his way to kill someone and there are people in this society that will make excuses for him, likely help to keep him out of gaol so he can do it again.

Don't know what is worse, the bloke trying to kill you or the brain dead muppet doing is best to make excuses for him so he can avoid gaol and do it again when life get too hard....

Beggars belief....
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #32
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats with some of the details in the articles.....

Quote:
The rampage ended when the apparently out-of-control Landcruiser swerved into the path of oncoming traffic
Seems the car was very much controlled.

Quote:
It has been suggested a murder charge will be considered.
Well, glad to hear that it just may be consisered eh?
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #33
bathurst-racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A bloke goes out of his way to kill someone and there are people in this society that will make excuses for him, likely help to keep him out of gaol so he can do it again.

Don't know what is worse, the bloke trying to kill you or the brain dead muppet doing is best to make excuses for him so he can avoid gaol and do it again when life get too hard....

Beggars belief....
When you say brain dead muppet I think of the bottom feeding criminal law solicitor who defends oxygen thieves like this.
bathurst-racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #34
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

What a terrible situation for all involved.

I lost my cousin (whom I was closest to in the family) to a suicide car crash many years ago. He took the family car and smashed into a tree late at night. Killing himself instantly thankfully no one else. It devastated the family and the extended family for years (his Mum still has trouble talking about him).

What I don't understand in this convo though is, when has anyone said that this guy shouldn't be held accountable to his actions? Nothing is said in the 2 initial links, and no one has said that he should be allowed to get off scott free. So this notion that the do gooders will somehow keep him from the consequences is just stupid and ignorant.

I agree that this guy needs to be put away for a very long time, but I'm also not naive enough to think that he wasn't effected by something else, be it drugs, alcohol, abuse, mental issue, whatever. I've spent many hundreds of hours talking with youth who want to end it, and yet none of them where 100% fine and dandy until they attempted or were brought to the attention of a school or adult etc. There's always a trigger, and usually is something that has plagued them for a good length of time.

If you wanna get angry at someone for letting offenders like this get off easy (again at no point has anyone said he would or should), maybe you should start directing your opinions to the legal representatives.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #35
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Sniper bullet. The end. 50c.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl View Post
What some of you have to have to understand (and this is by no means any excuse at all) is that if someone is in such a state of mind that they deem suicide as an option to end things, they don't really care about themselves let alone anyone else on the planet.

Being suicidal basically means you are suffering from a severe mental illness which also means you have probably lost any form of thinking about things in any logical manner etc. The fact that the bloke suffered from a mental illness is probably why he was drunk or on meth so it's not like this was the only reason for his actions. Yes it is the easy way out and no one should ever have to contemplate this.

It's easy to step back and say the bloke should of/could have done things differently but for him I doubt anything mattered at the time and I don't think he should be crucified for trying to "end things" like he did for the above reasons.

Once again by no means are his actions excusable in any way and it is very unfortunate that other innocent people had to suffer from his actions.
Lots of people with mental issues kill themselves considerately.
This guy was out to injure others as well. So it doesn't matter whether he had a mental illness all not. He is not right in the head and deserve punishment, even if it's just to protect the community.

Some witnesses said he was laughing and jumping around in his car like he was excited with what he was doing. If you have a mental illness that makes you act like that, you should not be free to run loose in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post

What I don't understand in this convo though is, when has anyone said that this guy shouldn't be held accountable to his actions? Nothing is said in the 2 initial links, and no one has said that he should be allowed to get off scott free. So this notion that the do gooders will somehow keep him from the consequences is just stupid and ignorant.
People might be just a bit worried based of previous cases of people getting off lightly because they had 'mental issues' at the time of the crime but are usually the nicest person around.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #37
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Horrific considering i know people who use those roads all the time and it could have easily have been them caught in this scumbags path.

Happend outside Capel where people have firearms. Either shoot the **** or drag him behind a car back to wonnerup beach by the neck and be done with it. He deserves nothing more.

But of course this is Australia so he will be fine and be out to do it again in no time unless somebody does society a favour and uses a pillow at night in the hospital......

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #38
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Beggars belief....
You know what else beggars belief? Some muppet who thinks he knows it all and is willing to make assumptions based on some sort of knowledge he may think he has and tells the world like it is. Some muppet who thinks he can go around putting people down without actually knowing anything. Assumptions are the mother of all F-ups and if you knew what you were actually talking about you may just realise this. Maybe one day you could read a book or speak with someone else rather than your pet rabbit and open your eyes.

I personally have contemplated suicide a few times and at that point in time nothing else mattered. I'm not looking for sob stories here, just speaking from experience. If you have never gone through this yourself please refrain from putting your 2 cents in as even I would not be willing to pay that piddly sum to you.

Keep doing what your doing mate and one day you might be normal. All the best
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #39
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Lots of people with mental issues kill themselves considerately.
This guy was out to injure others as well. So it doesn't matter whether he had a mental illness all not. He is not right in the head and deserve punishment, even if it's just to protect the community.

Some witnesses said he was laughing and jumping around in his car like he was excited with what he was doing. If you have a mental illness that makes you act like that, you should not be free to run loose in society.

People might be just a bit worried based of previous cases of people getting off lightly because they had 'mental issues' at the time of the crime but are usually the nicest person around.
It's been said numerous times that this guy's actions are not acceptable in any way shape or form. He should most definitely be punished accordingly and be dealt with so he is not able to perform any of the horrific acts again that he has already performed.

Instead of putting a bullet to the guy's head maybe it would help if after serving a severe punishment, he actually gets the right help in order for him to realise his wrong-doings and he can actually makes things better once in a proper state of mind. You never know, once rehabilitated, this guy could actually be a benefit to society and spend the rest of his life making things better for both his and the wider community.

My main point is that he must be suffering from a severe mental illness which has obviously caused him to do what he had done. Yes many other suicidal people end their life without causing any form of distress to other's however last time I checked there is no by the book way to end your life in a certain. Everyone is different at the end of the day.

Apologies for thinking outside the square and que the typical responses from the brain dead muppets out there who fail to be able to read and still think I hope the guy should not be punished and should be free to do as he pleases since he has a mental illness.
Old 21-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #40
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Beggars belief....
By the way, I understand you may feel quite big and all since you received a massive 3 likes to your recent post however could you please welcome yourself to the 21st century and use the proper term "Jail" instead of "Gaol"?

That may be the first step you require in order to learn a few things and actually be able to input some useful information in regards to this topic.
Old 21-02-2017, 11:10 PM   #41
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Is drugs or Ice part of this problem ?? From my recent experience trying to help a friend.. This is what they do ...Mental and drug problem.. Drugs send these people mental.. I have to say the courts and Police are flat out with this problem . The jails are full .. Too much soft softy sentencing on second or so offences !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2017, 11:21 PM   #42
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That may be the first step you require in order to learn a few things and actually be able to input some useful information in regards to this topic.
Picking on spelling is all you've got? /smh
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #43
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
By the way, I understand you may feel quite big and all since you received a massive 3 likes to your recent post however could you please welcome yourself to the 21st century and use the proper term "Jail" instead of "Gaol"?

Off topic but you obviously was not educated properly here in Australia or otherwise you must be an imported immigrant, Gaol is the correct spelling in this country.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #44
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's been said numerous times that this guy's actions are not acceptable in any way shape or form. He should most definitely be punished accordingly and be dealt with so he is not able to perform any of the horrific acts again that he has already performed.

Instead of putting a bullet to the guy's head maybe it would help if after serving a severe punishment, he actually gets the right help in order for him to realise his wrong-doings and he can actually makes things better once in a proper state of mind. You never know, once rehabilitated, this guy could actually be a benefit to society and spend the rest of his life making things better for both his and the wider community.

My main point is that he must be suffering from a severe mental illness which has obviously caused him to do what he had done. Yes many other suicidal people end their life without causing any form of distress to other's however last time I checked there is no by the book way to end your life in a certain. Everyone is different at the end of the day.

Apologies for thinking outside the square and que the typical responses from the brain dead muppets out there who fail to be able to read and still think I hope the guy should not be punished and should be free to do as he pleases since he has a mental illness.
Why give this guy any sympathy? He showed none to his victims.

You do insist it was mental illness, is there proof of this?

Just a curiosity here, is every murderer of innocent people a 'victim' of mental illness?
Adolf Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? Any of the school massacre shooters? Martin Bryant?

Could these people have done a gaol term then be released to be a 'benefit to society'?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #45
71cop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I hope the guy should not be punished and should be free to do as he pleases since he has a mental illness.
Well that would make the victims family feel a lot better now wouldn't it ? What a horrible and disrespectful thing to say, are you for real or what ?
71cop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #46
monzie

One time you wouldn't mined being called for jury duty.
Old 22-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #47
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea90gl
You know what else beggars belief? Some muppet who thinks he knows it all and is willing to make assumptions based on some sort of knowledge he may think he has and tells the world like it is.......

.....If you have never gone through this yourself please refrain from putting your 2 cents in as even I would not be willing to pay that piddly sum to you.

Quote:
My main point is that he must be suffering from a severe mental illness which has obviously caused him to do what he had done.

You know he is suffering from a severe mental illness do you?
I haven't read anything like that.
But you get stuck into another poster for thinking he knows it all.
Could be the guy is just an idiot that gives no ****s about himself or others.

Its absurd to think you need to have been suicidal to have an opinion on this.

Also, he has 4 Likes, so some of us agree with him.

You may feel sympathy and thats fine, but more of us are probably disgusted with what he went and did.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #48
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
Well that would make the victims family feel a lot better now wouldn't it ? What a horrible and disrespectful thing to say, are you for real or what ?
Are you for real, read the post again especially the few words before what you selected to quote
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #49
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:

Quoting in context cause others like to nitpick to further their own agenda. Sounds like the typical mainstream media. I'm sure some of you guys work for them.

However I cannot agree with the bold, I do believe that the perpetrator has a form of mental illness but having read all articles I can I would also have to factor in drug use which can make the symptoms exponentially worse. Which means you cannot place all blame on a mental illness as they must have been aware enough to voluntarily take the drugs if that is the case. There needs to be an intervention here and unfortunately I would argue in favour of criminal charges.

Yes I do have slight mental illness myself and if I decided to get drunk or high to "ease the pain" then that's a voluntary action to put myself in that state and any criminal activity following this should be treated as such.
Old 22-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #50
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Rightio, note to self, anyone who's high on drugs, is mentally ill. And if you're mentally ill, then you're suicidal.

Ok then. Got it.

Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #51
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Picking on spelling is all you've got? /smh
No, I've already explained myself so re-read my posts again. I have had more to say than just picking on spelling. Good on you for only being able to comprehend a few lines of a post and having a useless input. Your ability to comprehend written conversation is outstanding.
Old 22-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #52
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

If we could get back on topic instead of personal bickering this thread may make it to three pages.
Old 22-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #53
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No, I've already explained myself so re-read my posts again.
We've all got baggage. Someone who wasn't able to deal with theirs doesn't automatically have more right to comment than someone who has. Otherwise, juries could only be made up former criminals....
Old 22-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #54
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Why give this guy any sympathy? He showed none to his victims.

You do insist it was mental illness, is there proof of this?

Just a curiosity here, is every murderer of innocent people a 'victim' of mental illness?
Adolf Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? Any of the school massacre shooters? Martin Bryant?

Could these people have done a gaol term then be released to be a 'benefit to society'?
No there is no proof of a mental illness however who on earth performs these acts if they are in the right state of mind? On the flip side, have you looked into situations where the people who have committed heinous crimes are perfectly normal? People who have been deemed sane and led a normal life only to think today I feel like killing a bunch of people?

From memory Hitler committed suicide, Osama Bin Laden is questionable and a lot of the people who commit massacres end up pulling the trigger on themselves any way. If you were happy and content with your own life would you suddenly decide to either mow down or shoot down a bunch of innocent people? I definitely would think no you wouldn't...
Old 22-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #55
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
Sigh, another one of them member's who unfortunately is not capable of reading.....

No I am not for real, go over things again. I am sure you are capable of this
Old 22-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #56
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No there is no proof of a mental illness however who on earth performs these acts if they are in the right state of mind?
There's a difference between a mental illness and poor impulse control.
Old 22-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #57
.:4:.
Kicking back

Regardless of the frame of mind, it's all about the intention. An inatomate power pole could end it. Intentionally aiming at a car traveling the opposite direction doubling the reletive motion disregarding the other driver means said perp has at some point made a decision.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #58
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
You know he is suffering from a severe mental illness do you?
I haven't read anything like that.
But you get stuck into another poster for thinking he knows it all.
Could be the guy is just an idiot that gives no ****s about himself or others.

Its absurd to think you need to have been suicidal to have an opinion on this.

Also, he has 4 Likes, so some of us agree with him.

You may feel sympathy and thats fine, but more of us are probably disgusted with what he went and did.
So you have not read it in the media in order for you to make a final assumption? So you are basically saying that you are incapable of using your own brain to figure things out? If the media tells you how it is it must be true then.

If the media tells you that you need to jump off a cliff then that must also be acceptable to you?. I do apologies for all of the above and I must be wrong since I do not rely on the media to tell me how it is. Using your own brain to figure things out would be useless since I didn't happen to tune in to the 6pm News Feed...
Old 22-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #59
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Classic Fordforums bickering.

The perp needs to be put down regardless of his reasons. Premeditated murder, multiple counts of attempted murder, reckless driving and multiple counts of different things that fall under "hooning". End of story.

Bit surprised he hasnt been sent to gaol yet under a hooning offense seeing as its Australia and one of the worst crimes anyone could commit here.

I feel for the family and friends of the poor deceased lady. They will never ever get justice EVER and theyve had somebody taken away from their lives for NO reason whatsoever with NO fault of her own. She would have been in shock seeing that scumbag poor excuse for a human headed for her.

He revoked his right (for ANY reason) to participate in society when he began aiming for cars.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #60
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its all a shame.

What I find interesting is that the statistics that this bloke has caused will go down in the roadtoll as "speed related". And so with the 50% or single car accidents (that are suicides that also go down as speed related, and suicides into trucks, will add to the statistics that "speed kills" so the normal a to b driver has to slow down further.

Makes me mad.

Deaths that have nothing to do with normal driving (ie out driving to Kill) should NOT be included with the road toll whatsoever. They are suicides and murders.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post