Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Ford New Ads, anyone actually like them?

Stumbled on some Ford Ads on TV lately, and can't help but wonder what are they thinking? Does anybody watch them and not cringe? The whole 'Go Further' tagline is the most irrelevant, random, forgettable ever, makes the slightly cheesy 'We Have Ignition' from 2000 seem memorable and legendary in contrast.

What's with the use of white backgrounds, the lady in blue, terrible watercolor-themed rendition of the Ford Logo, drumsets, and the most annoying jingle/orchestra sound/or whatever you call it as the Ad concludes.

Who are Ford exactly trying to target? The ads are completely devoid of aggression, ambition, or adventure, seem effeminate, neutral, metropolitan (metrosexual?). Either Ford hired the wrong marketing team, or they want to completely alienate their current customer base, to make them 'go further away from Ford'. I now instinctively switch channels to avoid seeing the lady in blue again, or drums, or hearing that horrible chorus, or seeing the watercolour Ford logo. I also switch off the completely lame VW ads instinctively (maybe Ford are targeting VW buyers).

The current ads for HSV/Commodore are heaps better and at least watchable.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford New Ads, anyone actually like them?

Focus ad America...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKwpRKbF7-A
Old 20-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #3
.:4:.
Kicking back

If your talking about the ads I'm thinking of in the past 18 months, the lady in them is the only selling point, shame the kuga trend isn't. There is no up sell to any male past the actor. When I look at specs I see 6l per hundred and think pretty good, then further down real 0-100 in 11.7 seconds (made up figures, but for argument sake) decide it's not for me mate. I'd rather paying a bit more to fill the tank and actually have enough go to pull out of a side street in a moderate gap without being a traffic hazard. Furthermore, I will say parking sensors are helpful, but if you cannot reverse parallel park a car with sensors which beep before you hit anything and have to rely on auto parking, you shouldn't be driving. I have driven things like mondeos and such, but still they need to be wound up to go well compared to the good old 4l falcon or even an ecoboost falcon (I have both). Yes the mustang fills the gap to an extent, but where are the back doors? Rant over
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Are we meant to like them or actually talk about them. The latter seems to be effective given the nature of this thread...
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Ford are trying to de-bogan their image and with good reason. Falcon is dead. Alienate their customer base? They are after new customers. It's not the 70s anymore. I like the new ads.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the cane toad ad for the ecoboost falcon I posted in another thread was great. Never saw it on tv, but then I barely watch tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfZXpvgBKFk

I think the above one is great, but again, it's probably not on the telly.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #7
anto
Za Dom spremni

i cringe when I see the ford ads. They have lost the plot
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #8
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I thought the cane toad ad for the ecoboost falcon I posted in another thread was great. Never saw it on tv, but then I barely watch tv.

Falcon Fanatics ad they made was great, lots of awesome right there. Pitty it could not make it to TV.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I dont watch TV.

What ads?

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post

g'day..The Ford Fanatics ad was on TV for sure...Very good but it may well have been a 'remake' of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lb4sZJz2ww ..the idea at least...One of my favourites is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUbgfWTptoU Very funny..AU times early noughties. On the ads topic I notice there's been a fair bit of negatives about the blue dress girl should sell white goods instead..Now I know how Ford could have remained open.. Get her to sell you a Westinghouse Fridge or Tuckerbox freezer for $40,000 and you get a free car with it ..That would have worked......Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 20-04-2016 at 08:34 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #11
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
g'day..The Ford Fanatics ad was on TV for sure...Very good but it may well have been a 'remake' of this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lb4sZJz2ww ..the idea at least...One of my favourites is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUbgfWTptoU Very funny..AU times early noughties. On the ads topic I notice there's been a fair bit of negatives about the blue dress girl should sell white goods instead..Now I know how Ford could have remained open.. Get her to sell you a Westinghouse Fridge or Tuckerbox freezer for $40,000 and you get a free car with it ..That would have worked......Cheers Rod..
Meh, she's not that good looking anyway, but it seems many blokes would hand over the $40k for the Westinghouse Fridge or Tuckerbox freezer or even Ford Mundano and you get her as your loan girlfriend. That would have worked
Old 20-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #12
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you purchase your second biggest investment from watching adds, it probably wont end well.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #13
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Stumbled on some Ford Ads on TV lately, and can't help but wonder what are they thinking? Does anybody watch them and not cringe? The whole 'Go Further' tagline is the most irrelevant, random, forgettable ever, makes the slightly cheesy 'We Have Ignition' from 2000 seem memorable and legendary in contrast.

What's with the use of white backgrounds, the lady in blue, terrible watercolor-themed rendition of the Ford Logo, drumsets, and the most annoying jingle/orchestra sound/or whatever you call it as the Ad concludes.

Who are Ford exactly trying to target? The ads are completely devoid of aggression, ambition, or adventure, seem effeminate, neutral, metropolitan (metrosexual?). Either Ford hired the wrong marketing team, or they want to completely alienate their current customer base, to make them 'go further away from Ford'. I now instinctively switch channels to avoid seeing the lady in blue again, or drums, or hearing that horrible chorus, or seeing the watercolour Ford logo. I also switch off the completely lame VW ads instinctively (maybe Ford are targeting VW buyers).

These 3 terms describe 90% of the target market. Whats the problem here?
As for the chick in blue, she comes across as knowledgeable, intelligent and engaging, you sure as hell don't want to talk down to female buyers (hiya ladies ;) ) or youll be seen as yesterdays brand.
Watching rear wheel drive sedans do burnouts may engage many of the FF faithful, but to be honest, youre not in fords future plans.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 20-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #14
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The music is terrible, even the missus has commented on that, but the rest of it doesn't seam any better or worse than most car ads.
There are much more lame cars ads on TV. I don't think advertising is the reason that Ford sales are low.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #15
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto View Post
I cringe when I see car ads....you can tell their designed for the people with no idea.
Old 20-04-2016, 10:58 PM   #16
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I don't like the guy - something about him peeves me off, much the same as many don't like the girl.

He has this smug look about him - and he reminds me of an American actor.

Don't mind the music, should look it up and download it. Anyone know the title and Artist?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #17
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post

I totally agree. Aside from the pretty girl dressed in blue I think the Ford Oz marketing team has just lost the plot. IMHO they are worst then terrible and are absolutely devoid of any imagination. I think the solution to the problem is for Ford Oz is get rid of their current marketing team and at least consider hiring the mob that are doing the HSV/Commodore ads - the "I just what one" marketing message (as an example) was/is a clever piece of targeted advertising. At least that way Ford Oz will get some heart and soul back into their marketing message unlike the rubbish I see now.

Cheer, Brent
Old 20-04-2016, 11:53 PM   #18
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto View Post
I cringe when I see any ad. I hate advertising with a vengeance and have worn out mute buttons on remotes shutting the efn things off.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #19
Flybuyer
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Don't mind the music, should look it up and download it. Anyone know the title and Artist?
"I awake" by Sarah Blasko.
Flybuyer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #20
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX008 View Post
....terrible and are absolutely devoid of any imagination....
Basically describes Ford and every other car maker. Blue dress sheila can keep her crap, will only be good for 10 years anyway as after that, the average backyard mechanic wont be able to fix them as we do our older cars.

Hate the ads! All car ads leave much desired..

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #21
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day Does any one know what their names are..?.The bloke annoys the crap out of me when he say "Now that's how it should be "...but more often than not it ain't ...Not when they want your car all day to code a bloody key..I wasn't offered a loaner...I think the girl has been on other ads..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 10:34 AM   #22
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Hate the ads! All car ads leave much desired..
Truck ads on other hand..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FIvfx5J10
Old 21-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #23
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
G'day Does any one know what their names are..?.The bloke annoys the crap out of me when he say "Now that's how it should be "...but more often than not it ain't ...Not when they want your car all day to code a bloody key..I wasn't offered a loaner...I think the girl has been on other ads..Cheers Rod..
This the dude?

Michael Dorman - he should learn to change his own flat tyres IMHO

2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #24
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Free loaner car ? its built into the servicing cost. There is a $50 difference in my logbook servicing between KTAS and local Ford dealer....KTAS also has roadside assistance. But being country I need Ultra as basic doesnt cover out of town....Then I have my i20 serviced for $235!!! I pay $50 a year to update Hyundai road side assistance to Ultra. Havent used it..Used roadside on my Ford, then it is 9 years old....but we can debate differences between dealers till the cows come home..What my daughter gets when she takes her BMW in for a service..coffee cake!!!!
The muppet on the YOUi ads gives me the sxxxs!!!!
Old 21-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #25
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
If you purchase your second biggest investment from watching adds, it probably wont end well.
At the moment our second biggest "investment" is our daughter's schooling..worth approximately 2 Mustangs a month if financed, lol....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #26
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
This the dude?

Michael Dorman - he should learn to change his own flat tyres IMHO

Didn't know there was dude in the Ford Ads? That bloke in the photo looks like the one at the beginning saying 'still rainin, boys' in this youtube ad for sportbet. Now this is what you call an ad. Had me in stitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmrl_2gOgo
Old 21-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #27
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Ford needs to bring back the "Have you driven a Ford....Lately?" tagline.

....Forget about what you heard....
....Forget about what people tell you...

....Have YOU driven a Ford lately?
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #28
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
The girl's name is Ngaire Dawn Fair.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #29
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza View Post
The girl's name is Ngaire Dawn Fair.
One of the guys at work said that a while back, but I can't pronounce let alone spell the first name
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #30
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
G'day Does any one know what their names are..?..
She is Ngaire Dawn Fair

2 users like this post: