Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 22-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #1
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default uneven pad wear

Hi Matt
Sorry to post as a thread but my pm box is full as is my time & pre Christmas patience.
Recently did a track day at Mallala with over 900 klms on new DS2500 pads & brand new Brembo rotors.
Did a PB by over 1.5secs but discs have warped & pads seem to be wedging.
Ie they are flat side to side but not even top to bottom. There was no sign of uneven wear prior to stomping track day.
Do you think they need a rebuild ?
Am going to throw my spare set of rotors & half used pads on over the festive break.
My car has only 56k on the dial & as I said the pads & rotors had over 900 klms wear.
PS...Thanks for all of your help & outstanding service.
Cheers Todd
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: uneven pad wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Hi Matt
Sorry to post as a thread but my pm box is full as is my time & pre Christmas patience.
Recently did a track day at Mallala with over 900 klms on new DS2500 pads & brand new Brembo rotors.
Did a PB by over 1.5secs but discs have warped & pads seem to be wedging.
Ie they are flat side to side but not even top to bottom. There was no sign of uneven wear prior to stomping track day.
Do you think they need a rebuild ?
Am going to throw my spare set of rotors & half used pads on over the festive break.
My car has only 56k on the dial & as I said the pads & rotors had over 900 klms wear.
PS...Thanks for all of your help & outstanding service.
Cheers Todd
Sounds like you had a great day and congrats on the PB. You mentioned nothing about about brake fade at all so sounds like the brake fluid and brake pads held up there part.
To be honest i have never been convinced by any answer to this question of that kind of wear on a brake pad. A multi piston staggered size piston caliper is supposed to evenly distribute pad pressure for reduced pad wear.
Are the pads more worn at the top or bottom of the brake pad? Some theories and the more common one is sticky pistons but top to bottom wear seems odd and maybe one pad to the other yes or one theory is the flex in the caliper body and that makes more sense to me as the top of the caliper is generally more solid and has less flex than the bottom of the caliper under that kind of braking force which explains why under street use you don't generally see it. Another thing to check is the pad slides freely in the caliper and is lubricated on either end of the pad.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 11:45 PM   #3
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Matt.
I kept the same pads & rotors on & they seemed to level out & the shudder which I didn't notice until later also faded away.
Can you please advise me of a price for some pads (4pot) front & PBR rear pads also.
I am happy with DS2500 fronts but wonder if you have another option over the Chinese? horse head logo pads from my last order ?
5152 postcode
Cheers
Old 17-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hi Matt.
I kept the same pads & rotors on & they seemed to level out & the shudder which I didn't notice until later also faded away.
Can you please advise me of a price for some pads (4pot) front & PBR rear pads also.
I am happy with DS2500 fronts but wonder if you have another option over the Chinese? horse head logo pads from my last order ?
5152 postcode
Cheers
We can supply the following for the rear PBR 328mm set up.
Remsa $90 Ferodo DS Performance $140 or the Project MU HC800 rear street/track pads for $249
Front DS2500 Pads are $342 a set and freight for both sets of brake pads is $28.00.

Phone 02 9609 1101

This user likes this post:
Old 20-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #5
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Matt.
I'll clear some msg space & pm you an order next week for the DS front & rear pads.
4 pot front & rear PBR. As I read it $510 total.
I assume your banking details are unchanged but will confirm all via pm.
cheers

Last edited by Blem; 20-05-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 27-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #6
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Matt. Just curious about some braided lines for the car. Probably some DOT5 or better fluid for a complete flush. FGF6.
Can you give a price on these before you ship those pads we discussed & I paid for .
Might include these also in shipment. Weight shouldn't be too much issue with pads included.
Cheers & sorry for head4uck !

Last edited by Blem; 27-05-2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: apologising
Old 28-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hey Matt. Just curious about some braided lines for the car. Probably some DOT5 or better fluid for a complete flush. FGF6.
Can you give a price on these before you ship those pads we discussed & I paid for .
Might include these also in shipment. Weight shouldn't be too much issue with pads included.
The 5.1 Fluid is $20 per bottle of 500ml if purchasing two or more bottles and the braided lines would be $290 a set. The lines are no problem to send but the bulky fluid will be and would have to send a cart instead of a post bag.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 31-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Will i just send the brake pads for now? there is room for the fluid if you need it as i will just send a box now. Your storage is full.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 26-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #9
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Matt,
I've cleared some pm space & explained my lack of communication.
Thanks for the pads. I'm looking forward to bedding them in & hoping to also do a track day.
I've pm'd you with a request for braided lines.
Thanks again for your prompt & excellent service.
I'm sure if the forum did a vote on best sponsor service you'd top the poll followed closely by Brett of Shockworks.
Old 29-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #10
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Matt,
I've cleared some pm space & explained my lack of communication.
Thanks for the pads. I'm looking forward to bedding them in & hoping to also do a track day.
I've pm'd you with a request for braided lines.
Thanks again for your prompt & excellent service.
I'm sure if the forum did a vote on best sponsor service you'd top the poll
followed closely by Brett of Shockworks.
Amazing service & great value yet again
Old 30-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #11
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Thankyou much appreciated for the support

Phone 02 9609 1101