Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-06-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
ozleicester
Starter Motor

Default 03 Mondeo Parts?

Hi folks, very new (and somewhat depressed) Mondeo owner. Thanks for reading my question.

I have 2003 Mondeo wagon, a grey import apparently, one week after purchase the water pump has broken, literally snapped. The local Ford dealer here in country WA says they cannot locate a part for it as its imported.

Can anyone here please let me know if the parts can be bought in (West)Aust, if not, can they be shipped in from anywhere at a reasonable price?

Thanks for your help.

BTW its a 2003 Auto Petrol Mondeo Wagon.
ozleicester is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 03 Mondeo Parts?

Maybe try Mazda and Volvo dealers.

I don't know much about it, just Googled for you:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Water-Pumps...s+Type=2.0+16V
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

HA/HB were the first Mondeos sold here between 1995 and 1996.

They stopped selling until MA Mondeo which started again in 2007 and continues with MB, MC and current MD at present.

Are you sure its 2003 as that's the gap when there where no Mondeos officially sold here?

If you pass on you VIN we could check or if you can advise what size motor it may well be the same as another model. This will help identify what part(s) you may need.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
ozleicester
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
HA/HB were the first Mondeos sold here between 1995 and 1996.

They stopped selling until MA Mondeo which started again in 2007 and continues with MB, MC and current MD at present.

Are you sure its 2003 as that's the gap when there where no Mondeos officially sold here?

If you pass on you VIN we could check or if you can advise what size motor it may well be the same as another model. This will help identify what part(s) you may need.
Thanks, it is definitely a 2003, its a grey import (someone must have imported personally, it is a petrol 2litre auto, Wagon. I cany find the VIN at the moment as the car is at the local Ford dealership.
Old 19-06-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/ford/m...191/water-pump

Find the one that suits your engine, it's the wait time that kills on delivery. Typically 3wks but my be shorter if you choose faster options, I couldn't tell cause it only shows delivery costs when you're at the confirm stage.

If joining you'll also have to wait and give other documents to verify who you are, documents that I also removed personal detail except my address and name, (could clearly see the bank logo but not anything else Drivers Lic. -but not number) all which went through quickly and emails when done during our night time were replied to straight away. I take it were office hours when I did it so within 15mins I were good to order. Have done one order a year for three years, padding with filters/wiper blades/other bits I thought I could use. GBP$100 for delivery on big heavy items made me make use of each order. To which I'm done, everything is in top shape. (engine/steering&suspension/brakes)
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
thebigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozleicester View Post
Hi folks, very new (and somewhat depressed) Mondeo owner. Thanks for reading my question.

I have 2003 Mondeo wagon, a grey import apparently, one week after purchase the water pump has broken, literally snapped. The local Ford dealer here in country WA says they cannot locate a part for it as its imported.

Can anyone here please let me know if the parts can be bought in (West)Aust, if not, can they be shipped in from anywhere at a reasonable price?

Thanks for your help.

Hi mate.
Does it look like this ?

Last edited by thebigd; 06-06-2019 at 06:24 PM.
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
ozleicester
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
Hi mate.
Does it look like this ?
Thanks, I really dont know what it looks like, its at the Ford Dealer i know NOTHING about cars, they have told me it cant be repaired and so we have just thrown away $$$ :(

They recommend wrecking the car
Old 19-06-2018, 10:17 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Thanks, I really dont know what it looks like, its at the Ford Dealer i know NOTHING about cars, they have told me it cant be repaired and so we have just thrown away $$$ :(

They recommend wrecking the car
If its only a broken water pump, then I suspect they are saying it cannot be repaired because they could not be bothered trying to chase the parts through other channels since it is a grey import.

Can you confirm that the water pump is all that is required or if there is any other issue that may well make it non viable to repair?

If you get your VIN it will help the search. Failing that I would get them to take the failed water pump off and you do your on research on a replacement. It may even be common with something else that used the same engine. There might also be a part number on the pump that you can use.

Don't give up yet!!

Last edited by GTLEGEND; 19-06-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 19-06-2018, 10:29 PM   #9
ozleicester
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
If its only a broken water pump, then I suspect they are saying it cannot be repaired because they could not be bothered trying to chase the parts through other channels since it is a grey import.

Can you confirm that the water pump is all that is required or if there is any other issue that may well make it non viable to repair?
Thanks, As far as i know, its just the waterr pump... the pulley has snapped/sheared off i think... well it was laying on the floor
Old 19-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will need to compare to your old one, but the below is what I think you need. The first one is in Perth.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Water-Pu...x8AAOSw14xWJi5-

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-TRU-...AkAAOSw6aJa1MJ-

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...&_odkw=WP2990E
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #11
LordFordNZ

Quote:

Thanks for your help.

Was it a grey import from NZ??...they had them there....maybe try a Kiwi dealer?
Old 27-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #12
ozleicester
Starter Motor

So some good searching by Autopro has discovered a replacement part.

Thanks to everyone who commented or tried to help.

(anyone want to buy a 2003 Mondeo )?