Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cheap LPG Nunanwading Vic

I filled up the car this afternoon at the Shell on the SW Corner of the Whitehorse Rd (Maroondah Hwy) /Springvale Rd Intersection for 59.9/Litre before any discounts.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 
Default Re: Cheap LPG Nunanwading Vic

Yes coles shell is representing great value for LPG at the moment. See the LPG prices thread here: https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...49#post6226849

LPG as low as 55.9c/L in Mulgrave
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #3
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Yes coles shell is representing great value for LPG at the moment. See the LPG prices thread here: https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...49#post6226849

LPG as low as 55.9c/L in Mulgrave
Sorry I didn't even know the thread existed, will post in their in the future.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:58 AM   #4
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Interesting , haven’t used Shell for over a year now as their prices were uncompetitive. Was beginning to think they were aiming to close down, given their uncompetitive pricing and customers avoiding Shell in droves. Perhaps they intend to stay around a bit longer...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2018, 07:23 AM   #5
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Interesting , haven’t used Shell for over a year now as their prices were uncompetitive. Was beginning to think they were aiming to close down, given their uncompetitive pricing and customers avoiding Shell in droves. Perhaps they intend to stay around a bit longer...
Yep .. Shell here in in rural Vic were notorious for inflating the price of LPG .. minimum 10c-15c / litre more.

This morning I drove past one of the worse ones .. LPG = 59.9c / litre?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #6
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Same, I never used Shell due to its fixed 84.9-89.9c/L prices.

But it seems since Coles announcement of becoming its own company (First time in 9 years) last month, demerging from Wesfarmers, their LPG prices have been very competitive in Regional Victoria.

Also it helps that the Saudi Aramco LPG prices are the lowest this month since Sept 2017, dropping up to 20% from Nov 2018:
SAUDI ARAMCO LPG PRICES PER METRIC TONNE (MT)

Last edited by baboon; 10-12-2018 at 07:48 AM.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I wondered the same myself.

I drive past a shell servo almost daily and prices have barely moved in what seems like 1 year plus. Advertised prices are along the lines of 144.9 for e10, 175.9 for 98 and lpg has been 99.9 for years. Prices are like that even when petrol come down to 110.0ish.

What really confuses me is that it’s next door to a BP which is 15-20 cents cheaper. What even further confuses me is how I still see people filling up at the shell.

What gives? This is in Warrawong by the way.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #8
dbareis
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
I wondered the same myself.

I drive past a shell servo almost daily and prices have barely moved in what seems like 1 year plus. Advertised prices are along the lines of 144.9 for e10, 175.9 for 98 and lpg has been 99.9 for years. Prices are like that even when petrol come down to 110.0ish.

What really confuses me is that it’s next door to a BP which is 15-20 cents cheaper. What even further confuses me is how I still see people filling up at the shell.

What gives? This is in Warrawong by the way.
There are a lot of idiots around and also people with more money than sense...

Also some people will just assume they are all the same. Happens on eBay and other sites where you see a $100 item on sale for $1458, just needs one or more idiots to be worthwhile.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk
dbareis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #9
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
There are a lot of idiots around and also people with more money than sense...

Also some people will just assume they are all the same. Happens on eBay and other sites where you see a $100 item on sale for $1458, just needs one or more idiots to be worthwhile.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk
Sometimes there are other factors as well. A colleague has a novated lease and can only fill up at two brands BP and Caltex/Woolworths.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #10
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
Sometimes there are other factors as well. A colleague has a novated lease and can only fill up at two brands BP and Caltex/Woolworths.
Yes and that’s a good point. But even with a novated lease there is benefit in finding the cheapest fuel of that brand.

I do however note that when I do see cars filling up there they tend not to be new enough models to still be on lease. This place I mentioned used to be a taxi refuel hotspot until they all gave up on lpg and moved to hybrids.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post