Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #121
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Works for me..
But the BA computer wont run the smartlock and AU dash.. Well thats what I heard, which is why I posted previously.
the S2 or 3 are smartshield just like the BA and i'm sure theres a work around for the dash outputs
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #122
REDAUXR6II

So what would I need to use to run a typhoon engine?
REDAUXR6II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #123
DOHC-DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
the S2 or 3 are smartshield just like the BA and i'm sure theres a work around for the dash outputs
not with the speedo. as the aus used the vss on the output shaft
and the ba use wheel speed sensor on each wheel

that one i can think of straight away
DOHC-DJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #124
DOHC-DJ

and also to properly engineer a xr6t eng you will need to go through emmision testing which will be harder under an aftermarket pcm
Old 18-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #125
REDAUXR6II

Old 18-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #126
DOHC-DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDAUXR6II
to get it running on the stock pcm you will need
full engine
full loom
him module
instrumet cluster
Body electrics module
interior command centre
pcm

so basically the whole dash and heater box and engine entire wiring and then youll still need to figure out a way to get the signal from the vss from an au gearbox to the ba ic
Old 18-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #127
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Judging by the lack of responses to you REDAUXR6II I think its one of those "If you have to ask you dont wanna know" type of deals.

From what I heard there were no aftermarket systems that would run the DVCT BUT according to revhead_88 there now is but its freaking expensive.

Basically if you spent the money on that ems + engine + other random bits you could have built a very tough streeter out of your standard engine with new internals, turbo system, tranny, diff etc for the same money so it wouldnt really be worth it at the moment.

BUT if you werent really concerned about using the VCT you could do it. But you would lose power etc.

Hopefully soon there will be a cheaper alternative to the hell expensive motec
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #128
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
the way i see it if you use a BA engine harness and ECU you should be able to feed the smartshield wire to it then it should be just a matter of programing it . no saying it will be easy but might be a good way to get it running
Will not work, on BA smartshield is communicated on CAN network, AU does not have this.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #129
DOHC-DJ

yer there people running ba engines on piggy backs that i know of dansedgli for one (but hes banned now, have to go to ford mods to chat to him.) hes using a ems in his. and just not using the dvct i think hes either just gonna run them in most advanced or have adjustable verneirs
Old 18-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #130
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead_88
to get it running on the stock pcm you will need
full engine
full loom
him module
instrumet cluster
Body electrics module
interior command centre
pcm

so basically the whole dash and heater box and engine entire wiring and then youll still need to figure out a way to get the signal from the vss from an au gearbox to the ba ic
HIM module, ICC and instrument cluster is not needed to get it to run, I have assisted in getting a BA speedway car running and all that was needed was PCM, BEM, IGN key and key transceiver.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #131
DOHC-DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
HIM module, ICC and instrument cluster is not needed to get it to run, I have assisted in getting a BA speedway car running and all that was needed was PCM, BEM, IGN key and key transceiver.
really well thats better then. its makes things a little easier. from what i could see in all the wiring diagrams and workshop manuals they are all interwound

maybe i better shutup and keep reading my workshop manuals
Old 18-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #132
stiddy
Banned

Thanks revhead.. I was under the impression that most aftermarket units can run the BA motor no worries, or maybe it was because they arent running the dual vct with them. Its been a fair while since I went over this idea with FTG and GnD.. and it started looking like an expensive pain in the **** which is why I never went ahead with it.
I know Motec can do them, and speaking to a mate that just bought a motec it cost him $5,800 and its still in its box.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #133
DOHC-DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Thanks revhead.. I was under the impression that most aftermarket units can run the BA motor no worries, or maybe it was because they arent running the dual vct with them. Its been a fair while since I went over this idea with FTG and GnD.. and it started looking like an expensive pain in the **** which is why I never went ahead with it.
I know Motec can do them, and speaking to a mate that just bought a motec it cost him $5,800 and its still in its box.
yer no worries... i have looked into doing it to my eb... just need the cash. and i reckon i can get one up and running on a stock pcm.

just gotta justify spending so much. whereas i could simply rebuild mine and run a high boost reliable setup with the same if not less money... but its not as impressive as saying i got a xr6t engine in my eb or au.
Old 18-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #134
DOHC-DJ

if there is such a thing as a reliable high boost setup...
Old 18-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #135
stiddy
Banned

Speak to Atomic Performance, they have packages to withstand 600fwkw... not bad for the old tractor motor.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #136
DOHC-DJ

yer damn... thats some real kws there... *sigh* if only i had money *sigh*
Old 19-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #137
REDAUXR6II

Yer well I think that I will just save up an get an AU XR8 II or BA XR6T.
Old 14-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #138
SABA6
Starter Motor

Default BA g/box control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2BA
exactley what i did for my 4 speed auto converision, did the whole lot on paper and worked out how to intergrate the 4 speed auto loom to the existing loom, and at the end of the day it went smooth and worked without much hassle.
What model auto g/box did you use. When you fitted BA gear stick did you
use the cable to control the gear change if so how do you select D1,D2,D3.
A BA g/box uses different resistor values to the ECU to select which gear when in sports shift mode.
Why i ask is because i am fitting a BA auto g/box into my Charger with a Hemi 6 cylinder engine. I have the BA box from my BA , radiator ruptured & contaminated g/box i replaced it & will rebuild origonal for the Hemi.
I am doing the mod to get overdrive & lock up converter to give good cruising
mileage.Just did a trip to Melbourne from Adelaide in the BA & got 9.18 LT/ 100 Km for 1970Kms. (31.9 MPG). Any help would be appreciated. Brian.
Will be in Melb early OCT.
SABA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #139
REDAUXR6II

Seeing as FTG have had a lot of success on this front with a BA motor into an EB, why don't we try and figure out what can be done to get this working in an AU.

I know this has probably been done to death a thousand times but is the following possible?

Running a BA Engine (n\a or turbo) from a BA ECU, reading the thread on fordmods they have found that you only require the main engine loom to run these from the ECU once the security has been removed.

Then running the remainder of the AU from the factory AU ECU so in affect a piggy back type solution?

What would stop one from running the engine\running gear from one ECU and the BEM and others from another ECU?

Link to fordmods thread
Link
Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #140
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

EDIT: nevermind

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #141
REDAUXR6II

I have spoken to FTG and they have said it is possible to run both ECU's together to get this work properly.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #142
White_sr_taxi

SWEET!! ill never have to upgrade to a b series plug and play sounds wicked that you can use the au auto woops didn't relise that this was an old thread. sorry guys, how ever is it worth the engine upgrade rather than buying a b series?

Last edited by White_sr_taxi; 01-09-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: misreedded
White_sr_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #143
"Interceptor"
Formerly reaper_falcon

so you can have BA engine, AU wiring loom, AU gearbox and AU and BA ECU's? is this correct? Wouldnt you need to out the BA bellhousing onto the AU gearbox to get it to work?
"Interceptor" is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #144
REDAUXR6II

Correct u can use the AU gearbox and AU bellhousing, most of the AU accessories will bolt up to the BA, but I am going to use BA parts as much as I can.

I have spoken to Herrod, BPT and FTG and through my own study I have found the following:

Speedo will work - you can use the AU gearbox to retain the speedo sensor, or you can use a T56 6 speed and get the sensor welded onto the gearbox by malwood.
oil pressure and fuel level will work
Tacho - not sure about this one, the tacho needs a tacho output from the ECU to operate, might have to go aftermarket.

Herrod will make a wiring loom to allow the engine to start without all the other parts attached (BEM, smart lock, etc), they can also do an edit for the engine to allow it to start without the security in place.

The only one I haven't found an aswer to is whether or not the AU BEM will chuck a spastic if the ECU is not connected.

It would most likely display a check engine light on the dash.
Old 26-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #145
kratas
Goes like an AU

so what kind of price are we looking at for a BA/BF engine into an AU, fully installed with labour etc? just wondering here...
1998 Series 1 AU fairmont GHIA:King Springs lowered - Tickford VCT six - Recod transmission - full TS50 body kit - 17'' BA rims - 25% tint - full leather - Exhaust system Soon to be: Extracted (pacey comps) - Flash Tuned - Dyno
kratas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #146
REDAUXR6II

ill tell u once I have added up all the dockets at the end of my conversion
Old 26-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #147
T3man
Banned

So who has done a B-Series motor including 6 speed auto into AU? What would be required as far as hardware?? - money not a prime consideration but cheapest solution naturally preferred.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #148
ith85
Starter Motor

Default Re: BA motor into a AU

Have been thinking about doing this to my series 1 fairmont. as i have access to a cheap motor with loom and ecu out of a bf II, was wondering what progress has been made and if its worth the trouble
ith85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:05 AM   #149
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it would be nice to have the extra grunt of a b series motor in the au without a doubt and full marks to any one giving it a go, personally i think its too many headaches, if it was for myself wanting a decent power upgrade i`d do a drive in drive out capa blower (probably less money needed) , or just purchase a ba for possibly less money again.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #150
robbyj
Rob

is there much difference in the power the AU block can withstand compared to the BA block?

I presume yes as the BA's have the option turbo'd engine. any figures?
but for the cost it would seem easier to wack a blower on the au engine for similar results

Last edited by robbyj; 28-05-2011 at 06:24 PM.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post