Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
KidRod4
Starter Motor

Default AU-BF Ute hard lids Update to FG Lid

Hi, Does anybody know if an FG ute lid will fit on an AU-BF tub. I found a nice twin hump FG lid with sports bars and thought it would look awesome on my AU ute but not sure if it will fit. The top lip on the FG looks to be the same shape as the AU but don't know if it is actually the same dimensions?

KidRod4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: AU-BF Ute hard lids Update to FG Lid

FG lid is a different size to the AU tub.
Old 20-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Will a fg hub fit on a AU ute ??

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
shayne93
66 Mustang

See if you can have a test fit first? ie. place it on there.
I have seen a canopy off of a BA fitted onto an FG no worries.
shayne93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen an FG tub on an AU ute. But I dont know what is required for it to fit. It may be an almost straight swap, or it may require a lot of reworking. But its possible.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

FG lid on an AU so yes they do fit
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS View Post
FG lid on an AU so yes they do fit image
Is this your ute ?? If so, looks good.

Currently I've got the black vinyl hard lid and I'm not sure where to try peal the vinyl off and respray or just buy new hard lid. Obviously is cheaper to work with what I've got though it's not as streamline fit as the one in above pic.

Hmmm - decisions ?? What do you guys think ??

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
Old 21-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #8
bluestripes
Q - CAR

This is mine ... Soon I will be re spraying the whole car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (156.3 KB, 112 views)

Old 21-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

I don't know what your budget is but by the time you stripped vinyl off and prepped surface for paint and then painted it might actually be cheaper to get a new one
The one in the pic is from site sponsor Flat Top give them a call for a price
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #10
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Thanks / my hard lid is also a flat top.., so I will give em a call and see if the design is different !

Old 20-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #11
inblack
any blacker?

Scored a hard lid with hump for my BA for next to nothing.... It is in great condition but it did not have the struts with it. I know I just buy some off ebay to suit....but would rather use something from the selection of spares out in the shed.

Can someone measure their struts on factory hard lid and let me know what the extended strut measures...and what the black housing measures (should give me an idea of the closed length). Thanks
inblack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Bonnet struts and hardlid struts are the same

This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #13
inblack
any blacker?

Thanks ....just what i wanted to know and hear.
inblack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #14
FLandau351
Starter Motor

Hi the main question in this thread was Does an FG hardlid fit on a Ford AU ute tub? Are dimensions the same?
FLandau351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #15
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. As far as I know the size is the same. the difference is across the front edge of the tub on the fg is lower (or the sides and tailgate are higher) because of the way the soft tarp attaches to the tub. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #16
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

the only ones that will are made by a company called flat top, recently a forum member was going to get a bf one to fit his fgx and it didn't fit, it was close but not right, i believe that one was a factory egr one
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post