Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 20-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #1
greenman43
greenman43

Default BA compliance plate location ?

Hi all, another question : can someone please tell me where I can locate the compliance plate on a BA, so I can check the factory options ? I can see two stickers on the RF strut tower, but logic tells me they must be using a permanent plate.

Thanks in advance (again!),
Brian

If you live in usa check this website: Cvs weekly ad.
greenman43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #2
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I have never seen one, as far as I know the sticker is it.
Old 21-08-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
Mondie
Firm member

Yep, the sticker is it. Introduced with the BA as a security measure l believe.

On our Terri the sticker has moved to inside the drivers door frame due to them being suceptible to water damage under the bonnet. Not sure if the same change was made for the BA.
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes the BAs also have it on the inside of the drivers door...

There is no such plate with "Factory Options" like the old Tickfords had, eg. 17 inch alloys, Sunroof, Body kit etc.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
greenman43
greenman43

Default Thanks to all

Thanks guys, the Ford dealer today confirmed your comments, very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian
greenman43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #6
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

thats just cheap no compliance plate. whouldnt it be easier to change with the right equitment, plus will they last forever like the old metal ones

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2019, 02:13 PM   #7
Bilford
Starter Motor

Default Re: BA compliance plate location ?

NO com plate as such, just vin stickers, or when standing at front of car on the RHS follow the top inside edge of the guard up and when you get about 7cm from the bonnet strut there is a factory check out in the guard if you look close in that gap which is about 1cm x 9cm there is a VIN stamped into the car. In relation to XR8 Boss 5.4 the engine number's, the number is on the block behind the alternator if it its boss or GT the block number starts with FPV...…. not the last half of the vin like a fellow wrote down on the roadworthy for the guy I brought if off. If your rig is a boss or GT the Engine no: DOES NOT start JGS.... They start with FPV, the alternator has got to come off to see it . I asked my mechanic to do a service take the alternator off, take a pic, and give me a new roadworthy with the correct Engine no:, took it to transport there was NO drama's. grab the form 'alter Registration details'.
Bilford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post