Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 25-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
no car luck
Starter Motor

Default kh ford laser stalling problems

i have a kh manual ford laser i have to pump the accelerator to get started and keep going as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator it stops i have to do the same to change gears when in 2345 gears runs ok but when i take my foot off the accelerator or put it back on it starts jerking when i slow down at a round about or have to stop it stalls i have changed the air cleaner and fuel filter checked the fuel pump doesnt seem to be any vaccum leads off can someone help please

no car luck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

if EFI
the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail (replace/check)

the throttle body the throttle position sensor (replace/check)

injectores clean

dissy cap ,coil, leads ,plugs (replace/check)

adjust idle on cable pivot

if not a cable but electronic accelerator replace unit

engine computer management unit

if carby choke /idle adjustment /carby on fuel pump
dissy cap ,coil, leads ,plugs (replace/check)
adjust idle
Old 27-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
no car luck
Starter Motor

thanks for that ill give it a go or ill call the mechanic
no car luck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default kh stalling?

Just noticed this thread. asking, is the car efi or carby? If carby, there is an electric idle cut off solenoid in the body of your carby. If the wire is off or the solenoid is shot, there's your problem. Obviously, put the wire back on or replace the solenoid which is designed to stop fuel flow when the ignition is turned off. prevents the engine running on. Wire off or solenoid dead has the same effect, no fuel at idle but if you pump the long black pedal on the right of the brake pedal, enough fuel is delivered to keep the motor running
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
KHII TX3
CACA car club

I have a KHII TX3 and it is now having the same problem when you rev it out a bit and let go of the accelerator is stalls and doesnt idle properly could this be due to the same problems, thanks
KHII TX3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post