Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Club of ACT > Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Events

Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Events Meets, greats and timetables

Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Default Motorsports - Circuit and Drag

After the last meeting and the AFF Drag Nats this past weekend, there's some interest in some motorsport activities within the club. I raised the possibility of the club becoming CAMS affiliated, allowing members to attain a level 2 license.

Drag
WSID (Western Sydney International Dragway)
Hold open nights every Wednesday, weather permitting. Check the calendar here: http://www.wsid.com.au/calendar.asp

Costs: $50 to race, $20 for spectators.
Where: Eastern Creek Sydney
When: Wednesday nights, 5pm gates open, racing from 6 to 10pm.
Extras: Burnout pad
Required: Drivers license; Helmet; long sleeve shirt and long pants, closed shoes.

Circuit
Wakefield Park
Speed off the street days, occur most weekdays, and on occasional weekends. Calendar here: http://wakefieldpark.com.au/index.ph...ents&Itemid=44

Costs: $110/140 to race (weekday/end), $50 for license (lasts whole year), race fuel $2.75/L
Where: Goulburn
When: Most weekdays and some weekends, gates open at 8am track open from 9am to 4pm.
Required: Wakefield Park or CAMS License; Helmet; long sleeve shirt and long pants, closed shoes.

Oran Park
Arrive and Drive days, occur regularly. Calendar here: http://www.oranpark.com.au/calendar.php

Costs: $200 (includes license fee)
Where: Outer Sydney
When: see calendar. Gates open 8am, track open 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Required: Helmet; long sleeve shirt and long pants, closed shoes.

I've done both Oran and Wakefield, and can recommend both (although I prefer Oran). Great days, well organised, and less 'dangerous' then Eastern Creek for example (fewer walls around, and plenty of run off). Oran is more suited to our big heavy cars, Wakefield is tighter more under steer inducing.

I haven't done a WSID night, so can't comment.

So who's interested in a track day?

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
shanegh

sure why not, would this be a ford only thing ?? WSID is a fun night and if you like the sound of rotors even better

Thanks

Shane
shanegh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Unlikely to be just us, the events I mentioned above are all open to the public. Running our own event becomes expensive and difficult very quickly.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
DaveGod
Your not Ron

Id be interested, ATM iam sorting out a tow car and turing the purp car into an offstreet vehicle.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
6speedXR6T
Starter Motor

Default Track Days

There has been a bit of interest, in other threads, for track days and a few of us are going to Wakefield on 26th July. This is a timed day and is organised through Circuit Club Pty Limited. There may be spaces still available.

As for open track days, I am all for them. I have tried Eastern Creek and Wakefield but not Oran Park.

If anyone wants to pick a day at Oran Park I would be keen to go.