Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Has Anyone Experienced a Haunting??

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Has Anyone Experienced a Haunting??

Moved to The Bar where other members might get to see your doll better.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:18 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was tossing up where to put it, scary stuff

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What the old XB Haunting me, well yes in a way maybe, it's like ( Mick please come back and make me new again, I was a genuine XB 351 GS ute, then I remember the rust she had back in 1983, and yes that does give me a cold chill and when I think of all the good times driving that car I wish I still had it.)

Or my XA Fairmont Hardtop, well it was only a 250 2V, but it has a 351 in it now and C4 T Bar and 2.92 B/W diff and it says (get me back on the road.)
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate of mine passed away young in the 1990s. He had a toyota van he used to run around in, picking up parts & stuff for his business. 4-speed, column shift. At the request of his widow, I sold it for him, to a guy I worked with, who wanted it for his "cuz"

2 weeks later, he wanted to hand it back, and didn't even want a refund - he just wanted to hand it back.

Apparently his mates were using it for not so legal purposes. On 3 occasions it developed weird problems that halted their activities.

First one, was parked in a back alley, a Police car drove down - they were all hiding in it, and the horn beeped - nobody in the front. Cops shone torches into the van & found them hiding with balaclavas on.

2nd occasion they had some "merchandise" in the back, and no matter how hard they tried, it would not drive off. Like it was stuck in 1st & reverse. They abandoned it, and reported it stolen. Tow truck driver had no issues driving it around the truck & up their driveway - it didn't have anything wrong with it.

And the last occasion - again, with merchandise, and "no receipt" they were driving along a multi-lane road, when a cop started tailing them. Went to turn a corner, and the blinker stopped working. Then the headlights blew a fuse. Cops pulled them over & searched the van.

My mate (who died) was a stickler for following the letter of the law - they reckon he must have been haunting the van, and wanted nothing more to do with it!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #6
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Came back late one night in 2013 from Sydney to our family home in Melbourne which had been left more or less left vacant for three years. Jumped in the toilet as I needed to take a dump badly. The toilet was around 3 metres from a corridor which led to the TV Room. Midway doing by business in the toilet, I heard furious rattling and rustling noises coming from the TV Room. Heard one loud smack like a cardboard box being whacked onto the table. Then, the TV turned on by itself and the volume control gradually turned louder and louder until maximum. My first thoughts was there had been an intrusion and the thieves were in the living room. I peered under the toilet door as best as I could to see if there were any shadows moving around or I could sight the intruders, as there was a clear view of the TV room. Nothing. Finally mustered up enough courage to exit the toilet. The TV was still on full blast, tuned to some late night Western movie with gunshots ringing. Examined every door and window for sign of forced entry, but they were all locked.... Finally dawned on me that it must have been an otherworldly force or someone who didn't want me around, so drove off into the night and checked into Hilton in the city... Till this day, I can't for the life of me explain what went on that night, it was truly spine chilling. Mom had always insisted the place was spooked, for the short time we stayed there and instead she often heard footsteps and boxes moving in the living room during the night. However, prior to this incident, I had never experienced anything out of the ordinary. To add to the mystery, the house was brand new and nobody had lived in it before us.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
To add to the mystery, the house was brand new and nobody had lived in it before us.
Built on an old Indian burial ground?
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too many "incidents" have happened here to write up. I tell them to my niece to freak her out haha. About 5yrs ago I bought an old abandoned house way out in the country with no neighbours and live here alone. I'm slowly fixing the place up. Prime ghost story fodder there.

A couple of incidents include sitting on my bed one morning reading the iPad and I audibly heard the light switch click and the light turn on. It was a dull morning. I told my niece the ghosts were just being helpful. Then I've had fans turn themselves on, captured on my iPhone when it happened. I had the electricians out who say the wiring is perfect. I've had doors slamming on windless nights and even one night a closed door unclicked and opened in front of me like someone was walking through. Before I got my cats I would find these little puddles of water around the house. Too big for mouse **** and perfectly clear. My cats and my parents dog when they visit do some weird things. The cats will walk past my empty bedroom and sometimes freeze and arch up and spit at an imagined entity in the dark. A bunch of other things have happened like coming home and finding stuff from the mantel on the other side of the room broken like it had been thrown at the wall.

When out of town I would pay my father a small wage to do jobs at my house. After a few "things" happened he refuses to work here alone now. He was fixing the floorboards in the lounge and swears he put his hammer down for only a minute then turned around and it was gone, only to find it down the back of the house hours later where he swears he had not been that day. Another time he was using his cordless drill to put up some plaster. Here all alone and it was totally quiet. He put his drill on the floor and went up the ladder to test fit the plaster cornice. After a minute he says his drill standing upright on the floor started by itself and it scared the life out of him. So much so he packed up and left as fast as he could.

When I first moved in here I had a real uneasy feeling, the old house had a sinister feel about it. So much so that for the first month I didn't sleep in the house. One of the first jobs I did was pull up all the 50yr old carpets. They had a layer of lino below the carpets I guess for insulation. When I pulled up the carpet in the front bedroom I found a big black stain on the hardwood floors. We've speculated that is a big blood stain and someone offed themselves in there with a shotgun, or something very bloody happened in that room.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Back in the 80's my eldest Sister was living in a housing trust house in the Elizabeth area.
One night she awoke to see a girl standing in her bedroom doorway and the room was icy cold.
After about 30 seconds the girl turned and walked towards the rear of the house.
My Sister said she was waiting to hear the screen door open as she thought it was an intruder but she heard nothing.
At this point she woke her partner and told him a girl was in the house, so they both got up and walked out of the room to find the house empty and the back door closed and locked as it had been left when they went to bed.
These old trust homes had louvre windows on the toilet, laundry and bathroom leaving the kitchen window as the only other entry/exit point on the rear of the house.
My Sister went to the kitchen window to see if the girl had exited through it but it too was locked but then she saw something which shook her to the core and still makes her shiver to this day, the girl was standing at the end of the yard on top of a mound of dirt which was shaped like a grave and had been there since she had moved in a few months prior.
The girl was pointing down at the dirt and then disappeared.
My Sister contacted the Police but they didnt seem too concerned.

Turns out shortly before my Sister moved in a young girl called Fiona was murdered and dumped in a stormwater drain not far from the pub in the neighbouring suburb, the man arrested for it had apparently lived in the house behind hers and meters from the mound of dirt.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #10
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I keep seeing Commodores in my rear vision mirror.
Old 27-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #11
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I keep seeing Commodores in my rear vision mirror.
Well move out of the right hand lane....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

My ex-gf wouldn't leave me alone. That's about as close as I've gotten to being haunted by a ghoul.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #13
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
To add to the mystery, the house was brand new and nobody had lived in it before us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@CumberlandFord View Post
Built on an old Indian burial ground?
I think somebody took that idea (and the TV people) and used it in the movie 'Poltergeist'(the 1982 one).
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #14
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
My ex-gf wouldn't leave me alone. That's about as close as I've gotten to being haunted by a ghoul.
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2018, 09:01 PM   #15
creative
I am Batman

Many many stories. Both myself and my mother have been very susceptible to ghostly goings on. Mainly because we worked in pubs in the uk and most have some kind of story.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #16
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I seen last night on that new B/S married at first sight show, the little wog bloke experienced haunting, so he says, the bed broke the bed room door opened in the middle of the night and he was freaking out getting bad vibes, not to mention he was to scared to touch his wife, but he was man enough and did get on a horse sort of. oh and road a scooter
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: