Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

View Poll Results: Have you had any problems with your DSG Auto, Focus or Fiesta?
Had a problem now its fixed by the dealer 11 15.71%
More than 1 promblem with still ongoing issues 13 18.57%
More than 2 promblems with still ongoing issues 11 15.71%
3 or more problems with still ongoing issues 13 18.57%
Never had any issues with my DSG Auto 22 31.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
aaaaplay

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
well i just got my focus titanium petrol back today after a week off the road and it had both clutch packs replaced. all very strange as there was no paperwork and when i asked about what was the problem that caused my cars shudders (in 2 4 6 below 2200 rpm, felt like someone had pulled a plug lead off) i was told we dont know exactly as we send the gearbox off to bayfords to do the work and they sort it out with ford not us. i thought it was strange that both sets of clutches required replacing yet there was apparently no oil leak on to them which according to a lot of reports is what causes constant shuddering in gear. the only other information i could get out of them is that they have seen "quite a few" boxes with clutch issues, doesnt exactly fill you with confidence that it will not happen again which is a worry as this car spends 90% of its life cruising at 110 kph on the highway and not going up and down thru the gears like a city car would

ps hope this is your last issue aaaaplay
The original owners had purchased our car from Bayford Coburg and had repairs done on our car previously.

Last edited by aaaaplay; 27-07-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: fear of defamation
aaaaplay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post