Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #211
curik

I was quoted based on 20990 RRP, and that's why I had to pay the extra based on the clause at the back of the contract.

Now my DP didn't tell me about the price rise AT ALL until days before the car was ready for pick up. This way you are getting pressured because if you don't agree to pay the $500 they can simply point out to the clause and threaten us to sell the car to someone else.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #212
Zetec Dave

So Curik, have you got your car yet?
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #213
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

In the process of a 30 minute telephone survey for the Fiesta

Very in depth
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #214
killer_taxi

Is there anyone (stock controller?) here that I can give my Fiesta's SIDO to, to get a delivery date for my Fiesta order? I've been asking my work, but I can't really get a straight answer. They've been telling me late June, but I'm just not sure. I heard something about August deliveries for Fiesta's, so I'm a bit worried. If I have to wait that long for my car (placed order early Feb!), I'm going to buy myself a 3.0R-B or something.

If anyone is willing to help, I'll PM you my SIDO number.

Cheers.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #215
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
So Curik, have you got your car yet?
Might be a good chance Curik has picked the car up. He hasn't posted anything, must be out cruise'n about enjoying the new car...........bastard

Going from dealer had told me a few weeks ago we should only have 10 days to go.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #216
curik

Picked the car up this afternoon. Finally! After 3 months of waiting time!! Was simply amazed with the actual look. I didn't expect the zetecs would come with continental premium contact 2 tyres as the CLs had hankooks on. Thats like $1k added value alone there . The car is an auto, and it had done 14kms when I picked up so I won't have any final verdict how it stacks against the manual. So far my impressions are superb. It just doesn't feel like a $23k car. I now know why the waiting list is so long on this variant. I have the morello colour combined with morello dash, so they match inside out perfectly. Also the ambient lighting is a total delight. I can't spot anything negative at all, apart from my strastospheric 16l/100km average fuel consumption! Well its only at 50kms now so I guess its to be expected.
Old 16-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #217
Zetec Dave

Congrats Curik. Really happy for you. I called my dealer yeaterday and the sales guy wasn't in but spoke to the sales manager and he wasn't able to confirm if my car is here yet : and said he would have to call Ford Australia on Monday to ask about the car's whereabouts as aparently, the computer no longer has anyone's cars expected arrival listed. Anyway, I asked him if I had to pay anymore due to the price rise and he said that he'll have to bear the grunt and not charge me any more due to the inconvenience and stuff uip that Ford has caused (so a little bit happier about that). Well, apart from that, nothing much else to report and STILL waiting.
Old 16-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #218
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice on Curik, that sure would put a smile on your face. Congrats. Enjoy and let’s not forget we all like pics of the new car.

Dave, that’s good news mate that your dealer won't be charging extra "good on them" Lets hope other dealers realise this and follow suit.

*Still waiting*
Old 16-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #219
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Good to hear Curik, enjoy it.

We are just off to the service dept and hopefully get some of the minor things sorted out.

You might regret those Conti's though :voldar02:

Had them on the GTI, noisey damn things and scary in the wet.

The Conti 3's are a much better tyre but damn expensive.
Old 16-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #220
curik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Good to hear Curik, enjoy it.

We are just off to the service dept and hopefully get some of the minor things sorted out.

You might regret those Conti's though :voldar02:

Had them on the GTI, noisey damn things and scary in the wet.

The Conti 3's are a much better tyre but damn expensive.
Is that so? I always thought they are really good tyres. The GTI's are Sports Contact2, while mine are Premium Contact2, and I thought they are very quiet... What tyres came with your zetec? Maybe I should sell the tyres, use the money to get some good ones and keep the extra cash?
Old 16-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #221
Zetec Dave

Any new to report about your experiences with you new toy so far?

Hey Black Betty, has your dealer contacted you regading any updates on ETA?
I'm waiting to hear from the manager on Monday regarding the whereabouts of mine. Hope its in Melbourne and came on the same ship as Curiks. But if so, then I don't understand why the dealer still has nothing on the computer. Hopefully the car hasn't been taken by another dealer if it has arrived and waiting at the docks to be transported (is that even possible though for another dealer to push in grab it?).
Old 17-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #222
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Any new to report about your experiences with you new toy so far?

Hey Black Betty, has your dealer contacted you regading any updates on ETA?
I'm waiting to hear from the manager on Monday regarding the whereabouts of mine. Hope its in Melbourne and came on the same ship as Curiks. But if so, then I don't understand why the dealer still has nothing on the computer. Hopefully the car hasn't been taken by another dealer if it has arrived and waiting at the docks to be transported (is that even possible though for another dealer to push in grab it?).
Hey Dave,

My local dealer informed me last week "Friday" after I went up and gave them an ear bashing. The DP got on to Ford that day and then on Saturday sale bloke rang and told me the car would be here on the 22/05 or the 26/05 at the latest.

In regards to your car I don't think another dealer can take it. Your car would be allocated to the dealership "SIDO" belongs to you/dealer. I haven't heard of a dealer taking a car which is already sold.

Just keep on them mate sure it can't be to long now.
Old 17-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #223
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Hey Dave,

My local dealer informed me last week "Friday" after I went up and gave them an ear bashing. The DP got on to Ford that day and then on Saturday sale bloke rang and told me the car would be here on the 22/05 or the 26/05 at the latest.

In regards to your car I don't think another dealer can take it. Your car would be allocated to the dealership "SIDO" belongs to you/dealer. I haven't heard of a dealer taking a car which is already sold.

Just keep on them mate sure it can't be to long now.
Lets cross our fingers and hope that we both get our cars this month.
Old 17-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #224
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lets cross our fingers and hope that we both get our cars this month.
Lets hope mate, don't think teh wife can wait another month or 2-3.

I'll be ringing the dealer again tomorrow to see where we're at.
Old 17-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #225
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Lets hope mate, don't think teh wife can wait another month or 2-3.

I'll be ringing the dealer again tomorrow to see where we're at.
Yeah, I'll be ringing them in the morning to see where the cars at. Surely the cars should have landed by now if Curik has already got his delivered.

My wife can't wait any longer either and has been asking me about it several times a week. Mind you, the angry sex has been good though. LOL
Old 17-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #226
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah, I'll be ringing them in the morning to see where the cars at. Surely the cars should have landed by now if Curik has already got his delivered.

My wife can't wait any longer either and has been asking me about it several times a week. Mind you, the angry sex has been good though. LOL
It does sound good for everyone that is waiting. If Curik has got his car surly ours won't be far behind.

It's as if it's our fault that their car is late. Come on Wifey. My wife is the same asking me every couple of day. Well at least you’re getting something in return........lol.
Old 18-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #227
Zetec Dave

Well, called the dealer this morning and was promised I'll get a call back from them regarding the whereabouts of the car and haven't heard from them yet. Might have to gub them tomorrow and see what's the ETA on the car. Don't have a good feeling about it though.
Old 19-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #228
curik

How does this make any sense? If the ship came with my car in it then surely it would have had more onboard. Where are the rest of the fiestas?
Old 19-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #229
Zetec Dave

Well I don't know why this is happening. One would like that if a whole shipload of Fiesta arrived then it would include those of us who have been waiting for our Zetecs.
However if it is truly here and sitting at the docks awaiting delivery to the dealers, then its either got to do with the dealer not giving a crap and taking their time fart arsing around and not chasing up the cars as regularly as they should be or the sluggishness may be a flow on effect from the strike that the dock workers pulled last thursday and friday.
Anyway, so hows your car going Curik? Anything new that myself and black betty can look forward to?
Old 19-05-2009, 02:51 AM   #230
curik

so far my impressions on the auto is excellent. Sure the transmission is only 4 speed and oldie, but it's great for urban commuting. Feels prehistoric compared to a friend's golf DSG. The manual mode is a bonus too, although I don't use it much. All I can say is the car brings you a big smile every time you are behind the wheel. I tested the new jazz and mazda 2 before jumping to ford, and glad I made that decision! Voice activation works great, center console dash works seamlessly and very iPod intuitive, no need to read the manual whatsoever. Audio is superb offering bass, mid, and treble adjustment and doesn't sound like anything I've encountered previously in the small hatch segment. Then the 2 tone interior combination (purple and grey) that I got, it's simply the first in class and I'm always under the impression of driving a bigger and more luxurious car. Best thing of all.. still made in germany!

Oh forgot to mention it also has ambient lighting, one slightly above the glovebox lid, one at the coin pocket, adding extra atmosphere inside the car. You can turn it off if you feel it's not your thing too.

Front passenger and driver's footwell light. Turns on when you get in/ out of car, again first time I've seen in the small hatch segment. Merc/BMW/Audi classify as premium hatch, so I won't compare with those.

The center console computer. It feels a bit like iDrive IMO, it even provides you with warning messages, and allow you to adjust heaps of settings. Radio, it's the first time I've seen a radio capable of telling the song title and artist! Only works for certain stations though..

Now I found something that annoys me when I get out of the car and realize one of the windows isn't closed. I was able to close it remotely on my previous audi, but not on the fiesta. Tried holding different buttons, but no avail. So I have to get back in the car, insert key and turn to ignition, then close the window. :

Sure there are better value for money hatches out there, but this new zetec has a hell of a features in a nice, little, and funky package.

Last edited by curik; 19-05-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 19-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #231
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Well I have been given a date of about the 26th for delivery. I have been so happy with John Mcgrath in Belconnen. I hope they keep it up.

Im working into the deal a bulk pack of dynamat because I will go bonkers with that road noise!
Old 19-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #232
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well today I rang the dealer again asking where about is the car at this stage?

Couldn't tell straight away so he had to ring me back. They did ring back after about 30min. They told me the car is on the ship. Still I said, you told me that last time I called.
The dealer told me not to dress, we gave you a date and it will be here. 26/05. Not holding my breath only because I’ve heard it all before.

I told them that a shipment has already arrived and that people from here have already picked their cars up. So why it's mine on the same boat? They said the ship may have a mix of cars not just ford/fiesta. Ok far enough then. So I then asked for my SIDO # he could not give it to me as he'll need to get it from some place, I can't remember where.

So they reassured me that the car well be here at the 26th.

We wait and see again.

Nice to here that all is going well Curik. Any photos for us yet?
Old 19-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #233
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik

Now I found something that annoys me when I get out of the car and realize one of the windows isn't closed. I was able to close it remotely on my previous audi, but not on the fiesta. Tried holding different buttons, but no avail. So I have to get back in the car, insert key and turn to ignition, then close the window. :

That surprised me too. Most euro vehicles have the capability.

Our GTI offers it (incl the sunroof) and the open function as well on the remote (good for hot days).

At least the Fiesta has auto up and down on the drivers side with the door button - so many small cars don't.
Old 19-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #234
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
So I then asked for my SIDO # he could not give it to me as he'll need to get it from some place, I can't remember where.
Ummmm, yeah, sounds suss.

All dealers will have a stock control person that can access the SIDO, assuming they have one assigned .....
Old 19-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #235
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Id relax about delivery dates, the dealer isnt slack remember the sooner they deliver the car the sooner they get paid. Also remember once the car lands onto the docks it could be another week before the dealership see's it. Imagin moving 4000 cars just to get to your one.
Old 19-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #236
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Id relax about delivery dates, the dealer isnt slack remember the sooner they deliver the car the sooner they get paid. Also remember once the car lands onto the docks it could be another week before the dealership see's it. Imagin moving 4000 cars just to get to your one.
We understand that but when myself and other members that have ordered our cars mid Feb then get told end of March then April and now end of May it’s very frustrating. This why I'm and others are on to our dealer for the whereabouts of our cars.
Old 19-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #237
Zetec Dave

Quote:
We just want to know why our dealers don't know where our cars are at particularly if it should have been on the same ship as Curiks one and his was delivered last week. So if his one was cleared, then why the delay? Wouldn't it have been smarter to move the Zetecs that are scheduled for delivery all at once??? Why move 4000 cars supposedly just to get to one or two and then not bother to move the others?
Old 19-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #238
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Im just giving my opinion as I WAS a new car saleman for mitsy. Im not sure if its general knowledge but the factory doesnt pump out 100 zetecs 100 CL's and so on its all random. Also there are probably 4 or 5 ships with cars on them not just one. This would probably explain why some of us have recieved cars and some are still waiting. I also ordered my fiesta in feb and was told then it was going to be april, however I had a call 2 weeks after I signed and was told of the delay and that it would be late may. I remember I waited 4.5 months to deliver a standard white ES Lancer only because the customer wanted optional side curtain airbags.

It will be within a fortnight and we will all be posting up pics of or new cars and the wait will all be worth it.

Drew
Old 19-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #239
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

Quote:

It will be within a fortnight and we will all be posting up pics of or new cars and the wait will all be worth it.
Unless you ordered yours in mid-feb from the same dealer as curik and youve been told August!
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #240
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im just giving my opinion as I WAS a new car saleman for mitsy. Im not sure if its general knowledge but the factory doesnt pump out 100 zetecs 100 CL's and so on its all random. Also there are probably 4 or 5 ships with cars on them not just one. This would probably explain why some of us have recieved cars and some are still waiting. I also ordered my fiesta in feb and was told then it was going to be april, however I had a call 2 weeks after I signed and was told of the delay and that it would be late may. I remember I waited 4.5 months to deliver a standard white ES Lancer only because the customer wanted optional side curtain airbags.

Drew
Seems like your dealer was on the ball vegabass unlike ours mate.

If my dealer had told me April/May from the start it wouldn't be such a big problem and nor I'll would make a fuss over it. Surely you can see our frustration towards the dealers. This is misleading which gives the costumer false hope believing the car would be arriving in 1.5 months.

Anyway we're nearing the end and what you have said we'll be sharing pics of one another’s cars and should be many happy campers.

What colour did you get vegabass? Picked squeeze here