Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #151
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
2 weeks????? Why did my dealer say that the car left Germany 2 months ago? If it only takes 2 weeks to get here then they are really pulling my leg and that means that the car should've been delivered by now (provided they are telling me the truth that my car has already been made and is indeed on the ship).
Might wanna reread my post

Our dealer said 1 month.

Quote:
We were told that ours left port on 14 Jan.

Arrived at the dock (cleared customs) on the 13th Feb.
The other dealer we called, said from the info he could see on our vehicle (I had the SIDO), was 2 weeks.

Then there are all the customs issues.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #152
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well just got back from the dealer after speaking to the DP, telling him how unhappy I am ATM. We keep getting told that the car well be here at the end of the month "march/April" and now may. I said I'm not blaming them (the dealer) but Ford them self for not informing the dealer/s who should then pass this on to the costumer.

He apologised for not keeping in touch on a regular bases which he will be having a word to the salesperson. I told him that we have even talked about cancelling the order. This didn't bother him one bit has he said we have 50 odd people waiting on the same car.

All we want is an answer on where and when and be told the truth. I'm waiting on the DP to ring me and let me know. I'll post as soon as i hear something and hoep this can help others from here.

Bad news for ZETEC owners - the DP told me zetec's won’t be here "AU" until August
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #153
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Just received news from Ford that the arrival dates of all Zetec Fiesta's have been pushed back at least one month. I have a vehicle that was due this month that will now be here late July. If anyone is interested I have a New Zetec Manual in Squeeze, and a New Zetec Auto in Squeeze Currently in stock. PM if interested.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #154
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 or 5 door and what state.

Last edited by ANGEL#3; 08-05-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #155
MR_SIDO

5 door, I am in Victoria
Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #156
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
Hadn't seen that Candy, thanks for that. Although that is slightly disheartening to see that they are all either July or August cars. It shocks me further to see such a relaxed attitude from a dealership to a situation that is causing massive problems both practically and emotionally for consumers.
Zetec82,

We do understand our customer frustration but it is totally out of our hands. We put in the order with the expected date that Ford will build and have the vehicle to Australia. We can only go off what we are told. Why would we want to delay a customers vehicle any longer? It is just as frustrating for the dealer as it is for the customer.

I am sorry to hear you have to wait for so long, I don't blame you being upset.

Ford are not the only vehicle supplier that has been caught up in a situation like this either. For example VW Golf GTI.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #157
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PM sent. I'll drive down to mate. NSW
Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #158
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Yeah mate but I'll bet you didnt catch 2 buses home from work today? I sold my golf gti just before deciding on the new fiesta and i also had to wait for that. The dealer told me from the very outset that there would be a wait, and I didnt mind whatsoever because he was upfront and was well informed by his superiors.
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #159
Spinner77

The dealer told me from the very outset that there would be a wait, and I didnt mind whatsoever..

That's OK for some. But I suggest that people have every right to be upset if a stated delivery time is badly exceeded. For one thing, they lose the alternatives they might otherwise have had. In my own case I had recommended (1) the Zetec, and (2) the Mazda3 runout. Now of course the Mazda runout has finished.

Let's say I have a suspicion that before this exercise is over, Ford will have to amend its advertising to reflect the realities of its capacity to deliver.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #160
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Well just got back from the dealer after speaking to the DP, telling him how unhappy I am ATM. We keep getting told that the car well be here at the end of the month "march/April" and now may. I said I'm not blaming them (the dealer) but Ford them self for not informing the dealer/s who should then pass this on to the costumer.

He apologised for not keeping in touch on a regular bases which he will be having a word to the salesperson. I told him that we have even talked about cancelling the order. This didn't bother him one bit has he said we have 50 odd people waiting on the same car.

All we want is an answer on where and when and be told the truth. I'm waiting on the DP to ring me and let me know. I'll post as soon as i hear something and hoep this can help others from here.

Bad news for ZETEC owners - the DP told me zetec's won’t be here "AU" until August
Well I got no phone call back from the dealer as they suggested when I saw them today. It's not making any thing better coming from a dealership side of things.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #161
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have known the cars weren't going to be here untill at least May/June right from the start, several dealers told me that. Just a few kept saying 2-3 weeks wait. When someone selling something tells me when it will be ready I allways mutiply that by 1.5 or x 2 to take into account the sales pitch so I kinda expected them to be July/August
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #162
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
They have known the cars weren't going to be here untill at least May/June right from the start, several dealers told me that. Just a few kept saying 2-3 weeks wait. When someone selling something tells me when it will be ready I allways mutiply that by 1.5 or x 2 to take into account the sales pitch so I kinda expected them to be July/August

Problem is, if the dealers had already known this from the start, then why did they keep stating or lying about the earlier delivery dates when they well know that its just going to tarnish their reputation and Ford's reputation? This is my first ever Ford and so far, my recommendations in regards to the customer service isn't looking good. If they ever send us a customer satisfaction survey, I'm definately complaining about the delayed deliveries and our frustration regading it particularly about the lying. From a reputation and trust point of view, I just don't get why they have been saying delivery will be in 2-3 weeks etc etc etc when in fact they know damn well that they're not going to deliver. It will definately be my breaking point if they ever ask me to pay more due to the price rises or reevaluate my trade in vehicle for less due to the slightly increased km's since valuation (they have told me that it will not effect it as its not our fault but then again you never know). Just hope that the dealer will be decent enough to not screw me over and try their best to make me a happy customer.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #163
wsfiesta
Starter Motor

Seeing as no-one is getting their cars and there is a lengthy delay, why are they still advertising it on TV? Should stop all advertising until they sort this mess out.
wsfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #164
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be a shortage of cars in the UK. The plant in Germany could build all the Australian cars that have been ordered so far in a day and have it done but I dunno they just don't seem to be. In the end it's surely something wrong on the Australian end of the deal, it is because Ford AU changed some things on the car and that makes it a little more trouble to do a run of them or what I don't know.

All you guys that are waiting untill June/July what about the people that order one tomorrow? they wont be getting one until October at this rate. I wonder what the dealers are telling people the delivery date will be for those people. Anyway I can add that after all these months and 10,000ks our has had no problems whatever so if you only have to wait a couple more months for the car you want stick it out. But I don't think I'd buy one at the moment if I knew I had to wait 4 months (and that's why they tell lies , the last thing Ford AU need right now is to loose a sale)
Old 09-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #165
curik

Quote:

I believe that's not true. I was told that I will definitely get my car before the end of next week.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #166
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
I believe that's not true. I was told that I will definitely get my car before the end of next week.
If I don't get my car by the date I was told by the dealer the other day (26th may) and find out that its not on the ship yet, then the dealer is lying to me and deception is not something I would let go of easily cause they showed me a sheet of several cars with delivery dates and mine stated 26th May 2009.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #167
Zetec Dave

Hey Curik, what did your dealer advise you regarding the status of your vehicle? Did they say its on the ship or its docked and just going through customs etc? I'd really like to see if we can match up the dealers stories since everyone has been told differently every time.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #168
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Curik and Zetec Dave, Both of you are in Melbourne right? I can't see how there's more than a week difference between when you get your cars since they must have both been on the same ship?, bit suss. It will be interesting to see just when each car arrives. If nothing else all this is showing up some truths about the untruths dealers will tell
Old 09-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #169
MR_SIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
There was a sprinkling of zetec's that made it on a boat, yours could be one of them, but the rest have been delayed.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #170
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Guys

If you haven't already, demand the SIDO from your dealer if they say it is on the way.

Any of the forum Ford stock control guys can then actually get the location of your vehicle.

I had mine tracked all the way.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #171
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SIDO
There was a sprinkling of zetec's that made it on a boat, yours could be one of them, but the rest have been delayed.
Thanks for the reassuring info SIDO, just hoping that both mine and Curik's cars were on the same boat and that we take delivery this month. Otherwise, there definately is some lying and discrepancies from the dealers. Hey Curik, lets both cross our fingers and hope that it gets delivered this month. Let me know when you get yours.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #172
Zetec82
Starter Motor

I have just been told August. Was supposed to be May delivery. Shattered.
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #173
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
I have just been told August. Was supposed to be May delivery. Shattered.
Oh mate, that sucks. :(

I had to wait 3 months for my Forester XT a few years back but as with the GTI wait times, the dealer was up front and on the mark about the eventual delivery..

Last edited by Candyman2; 09-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #174
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well just had the dealer call me. They received an email from Ford letting them know our SIDO and the car is on the Ship.

The dealer told me we'll have the car this month 22nd or the 26th at the latest. It's about time.

So I think with the ship on its way there should be a lot of member’s cars turning up at the end of the month. Let’s hope anyway.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #175
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:

So I think with the ship on its way there should be a lot of member’s cars turning up at the end of the month. Let’s hope anyway.
Hope so but don't get too excited.

When ours was coming over, both dealers said it was the only Zetec on the shipment - all the rest were LX's and the base model :(
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #176
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger77
In my own case I had recommended (1) the Zetec, and (2) the Mazda3 runout. Now of course the Mazda runout has finished.
There's still a few superceded Mazda 3s about, although most are probably showroom or dealer demo's.
The Mazda dealer in Cairns had 2 Neos and 2 Maxx's a couple of weeks ago. I know they still have a manual Maxx hatch available, and after driving the new model I'm tempted to save the $5k difference and get the old model.

I'd still prefer a Zetec Fiesta for our second car, but even our Fleet lease compaany couldn't give me an approx. delivery date.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #177
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTrail
There's still a few superceded Mazda 3s about, although most are probably showroom or dealer demo's.
The Mazda dealer in Cairns had 2 Neos and 2 Maxx's a couple of weeks ago. I know they still have a manual Maxx hatch available, and after driving the new model I'm tempted to save the $5k difference and get the old model.

I'd still prefer a Zetec Fiesta for our second car, but even our Fleet lease compaany couldn't give me an approx. delivery date.
The run out LT model Focus Zetec is on run out and they are quite easy to obtain. You would be looking at about 5 or so days delivery to a dealership near a capital city. They are quite good value. Manual or Auto are available. Only 08's though.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #178
oldsoftboss

You guys are gunna hate me...

Have been watching this thread (and others) on delivery times for the Zetec Fiesta and was getting quite dismayed.
Wanted to get a Zetec for my wifes birthday in November, but watching the delivery date blow out made me nervious about when to order. We took a Zetec Demo for a test drive about a month ago so I rang the dealer today to find out when it was due to sell. He told me the demo period was finished, the thing has 1700km on the clock and they wanted 22k on the road. Paid the deposit, pick it up Thursday or Friday.

WOW!!

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #179
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Thats a premium price for a demo with 1700km on it - ouch.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #180
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Thats a premium price for a demo with 1700km on it - ouch.
Delivered in 3 days, I'll wear it. And as others have said, while there selling like hot cakes, the dealer has little incentive to drop the price. Then there's the wife factor we have to allow for.

Last edited by oldsoftboss; 11-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post