Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #121
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
Thats good to know Candy man that you called the dealer a lot, .
I have no doubt he got sick of hearing from me but my view was, he gave us a delivery date, that passed, so I pestered him.

Not saying it will work for others as clearly if the vehicles are not there, not much can be done but I suspect it let the dealer know we were waiting and he may just have pushed the processing a little bit harder.

We did get in early after the launch. At one stage I called another dealer and said if they could deliver on the date we wanted, he could have the sale.

He said the only Vision Zetec coming was our one and the next weren't due for months !

I feel for all you that are waiting.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #122
Zetec Dave

Hey guys, just came back from dropping off the custom plates off to the dealer and the sales guy told and showed me the delivery schedule and it stated 26th May and he said if delivery from the docks to the dealer is delayed, then will be looking at very early June. Man that sucks. These guys are really pushing the delivery dates. I really hope I get mine this month.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #123
Zetec82
Starter Motor

So Zetec Dave you are saying that your delivery is delayed by two weeks? Aren't you filthy?
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #124
Zetec Dave

Nope not really, cause I ordered mine in mid Feb and was told the car would be delivered in Early March or Early April at the absolute latest. Then when I didn't hear from them in early March, they said will be April. Then nothing again til I bugged them again early April and then I was told that there was nothing on the system regarding delivery date so would be may at latest and now they're telling me that delivery "hopefully should be 26th May or latest early June." So if no one gets frustrated from all this then I'd be immensely surprised.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #125
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Your story is very similar to mine (almost identical) and I think you must be a really tolerant person. I think it is an absolute joke. It's fortunate for them that they aren't having people pull out of their sales due to this incompetence.
I know people say its not the dealers fault but its also not my fault and they are the ones who keep making up delivery dates.
Why don't they be up front about it from the moment they present you with a contract?
Surely someone at Ford must have anticipated that there would be a demand for the new fiesta? Look at the advertsing campaign, its being sold around the world because it's a great car, it's reasonably priced, of course it is going to SELL WELL!!!!!! If they didn't think it was going to sell well, then they wouldn't produce them! I think we need to put it into perspective a bit: every person I speak to has asked 'have you got your car yet' at least 3 times and when I say no they are shocked! If I'm told that I wont be getting my car within the month I will be asking for my deposit back and going elsewhere. The new polo should be out soon and it is awesome.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #126
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Nope not really, cause I ordered mine in mid Feb and was told the car would be delivered in Early March or Early April at the absolute latest. Then when I didn't hear from them in early March, they said will be April. Then nothing again til I bugged them again early April and then I was told that there was nothing on the system regarding delivery date so would be may at latest and now they're telling me that delivery "hopefully should be 26th May or latest early June." So if no one gets frustrated from all this then I'd be immensely surprised.
That sound like the same dealership to where I ordered mine from. I was told the same almost down to a tee. Ordered ours in Mid Feb too.

As I've said in an early post changed the colour because we would/ been told end of March. Also posted if the dealership had told us end of April early May I couldn't care, but don't keep changing it month by month.
"NOT HAPPY JANE"

Now I'm that p#ssed off I'll be ringing them at least 2-3 times a week until the car arrives. Also think I just might go and speak to the DP to let him know how unhappy the wife is and myself with the lack of communication given to us throughout the whole process. Might just push for the opt 17's

To greenform - I'm just very lucky I have a really strong minded wife with lots of patience. But this there wearing very fin over the past few weeks with the run around by our dealer. I would love to see the car arrive soon to see her happy.

BB
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #127
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Your story is very similar to mine (almost identical) and I think you must be a really tolerant person. I think it is an absolute joke. It's fortunate for them that they aren't having people pull out of their sales due to this incompetence.
I know people say its not the dealers fault but its also not my fault and they are the ones who keep making up delivery dates.
Why don't they be up front about it from the moment they present you with a contract?
Surely someone at Ford must have anticipated that there would be a demand for the new fiesta? Look at the advertsing campaign, its being sold around the world because it's a great car, it's reasonably priced, of course it is going to SELL WELL!!!!!! If they didn't think it was going to sell well, then they wouldn't produce them! I think we need to put it into perspective a bit: every person I speak to has asked 'have you got your car yet' at least 3 times and when I say no they are shocked! If I'm told that I wont be getting my car within the month I will be asking for my deposit back and going elsewhere. The new polo should be out soon and it is awesome.
Thanx mate, I'm usually quite patient and tolerant and don't usually kick up a fuss about things but its just really annoying when people can't keep their promises. I'd rather them advise me at least after the first muck up that it may not come til June and I'd be fine about it as long I'm warned about it in the beginning. Funny thing is, the waits been so long that occasionally, I forget about the car completely until I see a base model on the road or if a relative asks me if I've got the car yet. Fortunately for Ford, the new Fiesta Zetec is a pretty car loaded with features so its quite desirable and suppose to some degree 'well worth the wait'. Luckily for me, I've got my modded Polo Gti to put a smile on my face in times of desperate need of some fun and distraction. So the moment I get the Fiesta, it will complete the idea of my 'one car for style and practicality and the other for pure fun and outright power'.

Oh well, I suppose the only thing we can do now is comfort one another during this depressing waiting period while we all anticipate the arrival of our new toys this month with the dealers procrastinating the deliveries of our long awaited toys.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #128
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Got my reply from the dealer when I asked him about my Zetec

"Hi Daniel sorry no news yet but as soon as I know something i will contact you"

:
Old 07-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #129
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Vision Zetec. I got bad news. We are all delayed until June unless you have heard otherwise on your specific car. We have been absolutely had.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #130
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Yeah I thought that might be the case, oh well. We can't really do much in the end unfortunately, we just have to wait...
Old 07-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #131
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Vision Zetec. I got bad news. We are all delayed until June unless you have heard otherwise on your specific car. We have been absolutely had.
Would this delay be across the board or just on the Zetec?
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #132
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Thumbs down

I was told across the board however there seems to be a few non zetecs around so if you kick up a stink they will probably find you one. Apparantly all te cars which were suppossed to be delivered in may aren't even built yet and won't be ready until mid to late June. However going on their current track record I reckon it will be more like July/August. Dodgy dodgy pathetic crap.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #133
curik

Alright I think I've discovered the light. Dealer rang today and told me the car will be here this weekend, and may take two days or so for final inspection and fitting the rear sensors. Finally!! BUT I was also told that I had to pay about $500 since the price of the car increased on 30/03, and the pricing is adjusted by delivery date. I was like wth, I won't pay a single cent more than the contract!
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #134
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
Alright I think I've discovered the light. Dealer rang today and told me the car will be here this weekend, and may take two days or so for final inspection and fitting the rear sensors. Finally!! BUT I was also told that I had to pay about $500 since the price of the car increased on 30/03, and the pricing is adjusted by delivery date. I was like wth, I won't pay a single cent more than the contract!
Bad luck mate but unfortunately I think it is in the contract. My aunty used to work for Holden and she assures me it is most likely in the contract as she said Holden (used to) did it.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #135
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Hate to rub salt into the wounds of those that don't have their cars yet but damn this thing has loosened up.

Only 3,000 km on it and the performance has really impressed me.

Takes off and through to 100 kph much better than I thought it would and definately better than the older Fiesta I drove (confirmed it again over the last week ater a few drives of the older one).
Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #136
Zetec82
Starter Motor

BS! they cant sell u the car for a certain price then add 500 bucks to it. everyone paid different prices. thats rediculous.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 AM   #137
wsfiesta
Starter Motor

Even though its wrong, they can put up the price however much they like after you have signed the contract. Its in the fineprint. If you kick up a big enough stink about delivery dates im sure they will waiver the price rise.
wsfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #138
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
To those waiting, have a talk to your dealer. I booked ours in for a service next weekend and it was hinted that the higher level spec Zetec may make it here very soon.

This could mean some extras that are currently not available like auto headlights, leather, climate control etc.

Wasn't given a time frame but there is hope that we may have a higher end Zetec available in Aussie.
That's actually my major problem with the car. The cluster lights are aon all the time and gives you the impression that the headlights are on, several times I've been caught out driving around without headlights at night :S. I don't know if there's some way to make the cluster only come on with the headlights like a proper car, but that is a problem for me
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 AM   #139
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsfiesta
Even though its wrong, they can put up the price however much they like after you have signed the contract. Its in the fineprint. If you kick up a big enough stink about delivery dates im sure they will waiver the price rise.
Yeah its absolutely BS how dealers are allowed to have so many clauses in the contract that basically protects them and leaves us customers vulnerable and played. Also a load of crap how they are allowed to charge extra upon delivery if the vehicle has had a price rise. If they try pulling this on me, i'm definately kicking up a fuss about delivery dates and how I've never been asked to pay more upon delivery of the car despite price rises in my previous cars and that I'll never buy from them again if they can't do the right thing and just want to screw everyone up. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll pull that on me or anyone else for that matter as its no good for business reputation and repeat business but you never know and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't need to get nasty with them. I'm usually very tolerable and patient but there's only so much that a person can take and we all eventually crack it at some stage.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #140
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
That's actually my major problem with the car. The cluster lights are aon all the time and gives you the impression that the headlights are on, several times I've been caught out driving around without headlights at night :S. I don't know if there's some way to make the cluster only come on with the headlights like a proper car, but that is a problem for me
You don't notice your headlights are not on ???

Change the light dimmer setting to daylight or auto and see if that helps you ?

Not had a problem with them myself.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #141
Spinner77

My sister ordered a Zetec a few weeks ago, on my advice. She was told to expect it by the end of June.

Reading about experiences here, I'm now a bit concerned, to say the least. If the car does not arrive by the last week of June, or there is any other stuff about price rises, hidden somewhere deep in the contract, here's my strategy. It may not suit everyone.

1. On 23 June, I'll get my sister to send an email to the dealer. You have to do things in writing. The reply, if any, doesn't matter, especially delaying tactics like "choose another colour". You just have to go through the motions as a first step.

2. On 1 July, I'm going to have her start the complaints procedure you can find on the ACCC website (accc.gov.au), and - get this - a compalint not about the dealer, but about Ford Australia. I'm willing to bet that the dealers are, for most practical purposes, just agents of Ford. That means ringing Ford first, then following it with an email to Ford. Again, the response from Ford Australia doesn't matter. You just have to go through the steps, as on the ACCC website.

3. Then submit the complaint on the ACCC's form (on its website). The complaint will allege that Ford Australia is in breach of Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act which says that "a corporation shall not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive".

Now this is the logic. If the ACCC starts getting a few complaints like this, it will be phoning Ford's lawyers, just to find out what really is going on. I reckon that might send a few alarm bells ringing in Ford HQ. Being on the ACCC's radar is something, I guess, they would prefer to avoid.

Where does this get my sister? Well, maybe dealers and Ford will have to tell the truth about delivery dates. These day, any big international manufacturer knows exactly, down to the individual unit, where something stands in the supply, manufacturing and shipping chain. Ford, I'll bet, is no exception.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #142
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Good luck with the approach.

I'd suggest Ford dealers are at the mercy of the parent company and the ability of the plant to provide the vehicles given the demand.

Clearly, Australia should have a set volume of vehicles available and that is what Ford AU should be using and very likely what the original contract was negotiated on byt the dealer and customer.

However, I also doubt any dealer would turn away a sale and in that case there is an indication of deception.

On the other hand, if the allotted volume has been reached after the event and dealers have exhausted that volume, there is no deception. It may very likely just be a case of supply and demand.

What happens with any other consumer item you put a deposit on that can not be delivered - you ask for your deposit back. Tough I know but in what other consumer area does a consumer threaten legal action for non-delivery if the deposit can be refunded in full ?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #143
Spinner77

if the allotted volume has been reached after the event and dealers have exhausted that volume, there is no deception.

That depends on what representations the seller has made.

in what other consumer area does a consumer threaten legal action for non-delivery if the deposit can be refunded in full ?

I don't have a copy of the dealer's contract. But the purchase price is way above the amount that most State-based consumer tribunals are permitted to deal with.

But my point is not about suing. It is about enlisting the interest of the regulators, because quite obviously a few people here have not been told the truth about delivery. And it seems likely that a manufacturer would be in position to know with very considerable accuracy.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #144
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Digger I totally agree with you, I'm waiting on a call back from the boss at my dealership as we speak. I have already mentioned the fact that I have no car to drive presently and that I have been mislead etc so I guess I need to decide whether to ask for some free tinting etc, ask for my money back(which leaves me with no car), or accept another car they offer me which will not be the car I have already been waiting for for close to 14 weeks. What should I do? I really want the car, but I'm certain this problem is bigger than anybody realises and that the wait will go beyond late June and well into the 2nd half of the year..
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #145
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

I'm sure you guys have seen this thread

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2653163

Might help you negotiate with your dealer ....but still, lengthy delay
Old 08-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #146
Spinner77

What should I do? I really want the car, but I'm certain this problem is bigger than anybody realises and that the wait will go beyond late June and well into the 2nd half of the year..

I think you're right. Another idea I have for my sister is to pester her State and Federal MPs about it, to try to escalate the buyer discontent from the dealer level to Ford itself. Personally I think it's basically a waste of time to argue with the dealers, although Ford could prefer that their frontline takes the flak, and who could blame them?

I noticed on a UK forum that a number of people seem to have been told there that the build is scheduled for 20 May. Interesting that there has been no such information here, no?

I'm just speculating, but maybe that is the day the Cologne factory reconfigures itself to do right-hand drive builds for while. Maybe that would include the Australian orders? I don't know.

Does anyone know how long it takes the boat to get here?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #147
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Hadn't seen that Candy, thanks for that. Although that is slightly disheartening to see that they are all either July or August cars. It shocks me further to see such a relaxed attitude from a dealership to a situation that is causing massive problems both practically and emotionally for consumers.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #148
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger77
[I]

Does anyone know how long it takes the boat to get here?

We signed on the 10th Jan.

We were told that ours left port on 14 Jan.

Arrived at the dock (cleared customs) on the 13th Feb.

We picked up a day later.

However, I was told by another dealer that was tracking it for us that it only took 2 weeks to ship - clearly one dealer was either mucking us around or got his info wrong.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #149
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
We signed on the 10th Jan.

We were told that ours left port on 14 Jan.

Arrived at the dock (cleared customs) on the 13th Feb.

We picked up a day later.

However, I was told by another dealer that was tracking it for us that it only took 2 weeks to ship - clearly one dealer was either mucking us around or got his info wrong.
2 weeks????? Why did my dealer say that the car left Germany 2 months ago? If it only takes 2 weeks to get here then they are really pulling my leg and that means that the car should've been delivered by now (provided they are telling me the truth that my car has already been made and is indeed on the ship).
Old 08-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #150
Spinner77

Some more UK build dates are here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...pic=4488&st=60