Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #361
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Guys, it's officially 6 weeks shipping time.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #362
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Guys, it's officially 6 weeks shipping time.
Which means anywhere from 4-12 weeks

Well, depending which "official" is telling the buyer the story eh :
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #363
oldsoftboss

[QUOTE=Well, depending which "official" is telling the buyer the story eh[/QUOTE]

And if the vehicle doesn't mysteriously get side tracked :evil3:
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #364
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I was just talking how long the ship takes from Europe to australia is 6 weeks. The time from order to delivry can vary and has for ages, based on a lot of factors.

I'm someone that Dealers and CRC go to for updates so I do my best to help them out with the most accurate ETA possible.
Old 14-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #365
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

So anyone here that can look up my car if I give you my SIDO? cheers
Old 29-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #366
Zetec Dave

The dealer finally called me a few moments ago with some good new that the car has finally arrived at the dealer and expecting to pick it up this Thursday. FINALLY!!! YAY!!!
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #367
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
Hey Vision, any news on yours yet?
Old 29-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #368
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congtats Zetec Dave, bout' freakin time! Hopefully Fiesta Girl picked her car up today too.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #369
oldsoftboss

Quote:
You can ring Ford direct 13FORD.

We did, and they were really helpful. Our dealer was stuffing us around and was feeding us BS about a delivery date, like "there has been a hold up" - even though it was only a week or so after we ordered it. They just wouldn't commit to any date - July August was about it. When we spoke to ford, they wanted to know all the details of the order, but eventually came back and said that the delivery date was August (this is a month ago they told us this) and when it gets a bit closer they would be able to give an exact date. I questioned them about the dealer telling us a July delivery and the response was "no, it's always been an August delivery, right from when you ordered it in May" (which we did not tell them). So at least they seemed genuine.

Will keep you posted as the day gets closer.

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #370
Zetec Dave

Thanks guys. I've been sick like a dog for the past couple days so this is the best news I've heard since. Would be even better if I win big in tomorrows lotto though LOL...I hope everyone is getting their cars soon cause it has been a very long wait.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #371
Zetec Dave

Well, delivery of the car is now postponed til Friday to allow time for the tinting to dry. Anybody got parking distance sensors installed? Thinking about it cause my wife will be the main driver but she doesn't like to wear her glasses so she's technically legally blind without em. LOL. Any suggestions whether to go Ford factory accessory option or aftermarket? Cheers guys.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #372
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Well, delivery of the car is now postponed til Friday to allow time for the tinting to dry. Anybody got parking distance sensors installed? Thinking about it cause my wife will be the main driver but she doesn't like to wear her glasses so she's technically legally blind without em. LOL. Any suggestions whether to go Ford factory accessory option or aftermarket? Cheers guys.
Hi Dave, that’s great news mate. Only two more sleeps.

I've got them put on our car. Total cost $450 fitted and painted from ford. It also comes with a distance thingy that’s just above the rear view mirror.Think Rapid Typhoon is looking it them as will. Got tint going on tomorrow.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ANGEL#3; 01-07-2009 at 06:07 AM.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #373
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You had to get them in specially didn't you Black Betty, as Ford have not offered them on the Fiesta, even as an option. I've asked around and only aftermarket ones are availible, I'm sure you said it was a genuine Ford kit?
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #374
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
You had to get them in specially didn't you Black Betty, as Ford have not offered them on the Fiesta, even as an option. I've asked around and only aftermarket ones are availible, I'm sure you said it was a genuine Ford kit?
When we placed the order at the dealer I asked for them then. They said yes and gave me a price. They may or may not be genuine Ford part I'm not 100% but my dealer said I could get them for the fiesta, so I did. They might be off a different model, don't know.

I know where you’re coming from as when we were looking I can't remember seeing them on fords website as an option under the build your car section.

Ask your dealer they just might be able to fit them mate.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #375
Zetec Dave

Judging by the looks of the product and the way it integrates with the vehicle's interior, I doubt its a genuine accessory/option. Most likely an aftermarket brand fitted by the individual dealer. Either way, as long as it works, I don't mind. Might not get the one with the screen though. The beeps are adequate for my us.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #376
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The one they have fitted in our car it also beeps. Just an added bonus with the display screen.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #377
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Wooooo I received a phone call from my dealer telling my my fez is arriving in Melbourne today!! (3rd July). How long should it take to clear customs and get out to the eastern suburbs? cheers
Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #378
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Hello to you all, I have been watching the story of all the people who have ordered Fiestas and are still waiting. I am still one that is waiting.

I originally ordered a vision 3 door manual Zetec for my wife back in early March and have been told various delivery dates in the ongoing saga (May, June, July and now August!).

I also get annoying e-mails from Ford advertising and telling me that the new Fiesta 'is here' but mine isn't!!

Just thought I would add my two penny worth.

good luck to you all
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #379
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Hello to you all, I have been watching the story of all the people who have ordered Fiestas and are still waiting. I am still one that is waiting.

I originally ordered a vision 3 door manual Zetec for my wife back in early March and have been told various delivery dates in the ongoing saga (May, June, July and now August!).

I also get annoying e-mails from Ford advertising and telling me that the new Fiesta 'is here' but mine isn't!!

Just thought I would add my two penny worth.

good luck to you all
Hi and welcome to AFF mate. I can feel your pain and frustration, not good. Hold in there mate the wait is well worth it.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #380
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wooooo I received a phone call from my dealer telling my my fez is arriving in Melbourne today!! (3rd July). How long should it take to clear customs and get out to the eastern suburbs? cheers
Great news. I don't think it well take too long. Being Friday nothing will get done today or the weekend so I'd say maybe next Friday at the latest.

All the best mate you'll love it.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #381
Fiesta Girl

Vision Zetech,
FWIW. I was told mine arrived at the dock June 22nd. By June 24th it was at the dealers and available to me late June26th. Picked it up the following Monday as I wanted it tinted before delivery. I was told it usually takes about a week from dock to dealer so maybe the ship arrived earlier than 22nd?
Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #382
Zetec Dave

Hey guys and gals, I've finally picked up the car today YAY!!! Good and bad news though. Good news is that the car was well worth the wait and is a dream to drive. Love everything about it so far. Bad news is, during the delivery inspection, I noticed a small spot where paint was chipped off and patched up with a little paint. Was annoyed when I saw it and advised the salesperson immediately. Anyway, they kept telling me that its a wax spot but how the hell can it be a wax spot if there is clearly some extra paint applied over a chipped area? Finally got them to get it fixed or polished off etc etc etc next week. Otherwise apart from that, its all good. Also bad that it was raining cats and dogs today but luckily it stopped during the drive home :
WIll post up some pics when the weather clears.

Last edited by Zetec Dave; 03-07-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #383
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

ok thanks guys, lets hope I do get it soooooooon =)

Hmmm interesting Dave, no doubt I will have a good look at mine when it arrives, thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 AM   #384
Zetec Dave

Quote:
ok thanks guys, lets hope I do get it soooooooon =)

Hmmm interesting Dave, no doubt I will have a good look at mine when it arrives, thanks
Any update on your cars arrival yet Zetec? Its definately worth the wait mate. Can't stop thinking about it when I'm at work and not driving it.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #385
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good stuff Dave. Glad you finally got it.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #386
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Hey guys and gals, I've finally picked up the car today YAY!!! Good and bad news though.
Great news mate.

Look forward to the pics.

With the little chip, we had one or two on our GTI when we got it (had touch up paint over them). Caused when the vehicle was on the transporter apparently :

Dealer added a few freebies as I didn't want them touching the paint and making it worse.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #387
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Any update on your cars arrival yet Zetec? Its definately worth the wait mate. Can't stop thinking about it when I'm at work and not driving it.
Still no word, it only arrived on Friday so I don't imagine it has progressed anywhere over the weekend :(
Old 07-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #388
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Just spoke to my Ford Dealer. Ours apparently went on the ship on 19th June.
it
God knows when we'll see it. It didn't have a docking date on the system and she said it may not even update until it's docked!
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #389
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Hi msnealo, at least you know it is on a ship - I was told back in June that my next update on the car (ordered back in March) will be 16 July. Any one else still waiting - When did you order your car?
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #390
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Still waiting for mine to get to the dealer from the docks (arrived at the docks last Friday)...

By my records the ship took 4 weeks to arrive in Melbourne, hope that helps