Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Closed Thread

Old 19-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #181
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVL-XR
Haha I want that!!

Turbo will soon fix that mate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS008
This has been a very interesting build thread, and must comment on how amazing the car has come up. I know they look the goods from the factory but the few simple mods you have done make the ride look totally different.
Cheers mate, Chris is the master with out a doubt...

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
Old 28-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #182
F6T
Has V8 envy

G'day Tristian,

first, congrats on reaching your 500rwhp goal.

I've got my eye on the plazmaman 1000hp kit and I was wondering what your thoughts were on the plenum. In particular, did you notice any difference in acceleration at lower revs. I've seen a few comments on the forum where people think that the plenums (generally, not just plazmaman) produce a bit more lag down low until they get some real boost put through them. what has your experience been?

Also, any turbo mods at all? did you end up going with a different actuator? which one? also, did you have the turbo flapper valve mod done?

Finally, what wastegate mods (if any) did you go with?

cheers mate.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
Old 29-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #183
cowboy
Cowboy

You've just helped me make up my mind to head to Bluepower, tickle time for the F6!
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4
2006 GU Patrol ute
Old 30-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #184
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by madxh96
G'day Tristian,

first, congrats on reaching your 500rwhp goal.

I've got my eye on the plazmaman 1000hp kit and I was wondering what your thoughts were on the plenum. In particular, did you notice any difference in acceleration at lower revs. I've seen a few comments on the forum where people think that the plenums (generally, not just plazmaman) produce a bit more lag down low until they get some real boost put through them. what has your experience been?

Also, any turbo mods at all? did you end up going with a different actuator? which one? also, did you have the turbo flapper valve mod done?

Finally, what wastegate mods (if any) did you go with?

cheers mate.

Hey mate,

Cheers thanks for the coments,

Its hard to tell how much diference the plenum accually made as i did it all in one go, however the boost kicks in way earlyer than stock, the off boost power now that it has been tuned at BLUEPOWER is amazing it just feelis like a worked N/A 6 untill you hit boost then all hell breaks loose. Before chris hads his hads on it it was a nothing till boost and then it was just wheel spin and it was over.. Now ive got power all through the rev range Its just done to the tune to get the most out of the plenums.

As for the turbo, its all stock just with the flapper mod done and a 8psi actuator which i will be going back to the 12psi one once i fix a few little things. the wastegate is ported as part of the flapper and actuator mod..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy
You've just helped me make up my mind to head to Bluepower, tickle time for the F6!
With out a doubt mate head on down!!!

Cheers Tristan

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #185
conquerII
Starter Motor

Hey Mate,

I've been following the progress with your Phoon and I have to say you've done an excellent job. Congratulations with the result, that must be awesome to drive.

There's a couple of questions I have for you. What exhaust system are you using, as I have noticed there are many different combinations going around producing good results.

Also, what exactly is the wastegate "flapper" mode that you talk about?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers
Old 03-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #186
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerII
Hey Mate,

I've been following the progress with your Phoon and I have to say you've done an excellent job. Congratulations with the result, that must be awesome to drive.

There's a couple of questions I have for you. What exhaust system are you using, as I have noticed there are many different combinations going around producing good results.

Also, what exactly is the wastegate "flapper" mode that you talk about?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Cheers mate, Yeah its great fun to drive and then i can be driven normal as if it is no diferent from stock.

The exhaust im running is a Xforce 4" dump pipe and 3.5" cat to a twin 2.5" exhaust, its pretty off the shelf stuff, The flapper mod, is the factory wasgate flap being to small and not allowing enough exhaust gas's out and causeing over boosting so the wategate getts milled out larger and then the a larger "flapper" has to be fitted due to the holw being bigger.

Cheers Tristan

Old 03-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #187
conquerII
Starter Motor

Thanks for the information/quick reply.

Being able to drive it like a stock car is the beauty of modifying these cars, well to me anyway!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #188
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Thanks for the information/quick reply.

Being able to drive it like a stock car is the beauty of modifying these cars, well to me anyway!

Oh its fantastic, when im just crusing down the freeway it will do 6-7ltrs per 100km..

Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #189
conquerII
Starter Motor

You can't go wrong with that!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #190
conquerII
Starter Motor

I'm also interested to know, how do you find the driveability of the car with these modifications? Specifically I am interested to know how quickly and powerfully the car comes onto boost in the higher gears (eg 4th or 5th gear crusing at 60km/h), as well as in 1st gear.

More generally, does the car perform consistently, or can you feel the power deteriorate to some extent after a little bit of "spirited driving"??
Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #191
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
I'm also interested to know, how do you find the driveability of the car with these modifications? Specifically I am interested to know how quickly and powerfully the car comes onto boost in the higher gears (eg 4th or 5th gear crusing at 60km/h), as well as in 1st gear.

More generally, does the car perform consistently, or can you feel the power deteriorate to some extent after a little bit of "spirited driving"??

The car was not the best off boost before it was tuned at BLUEPOWER, Now its fantastic drivabilty i let my GF drive it but im in the car of course... It alwasys consistant evan after a thrash its just keeps going obviously in cold cold weather its better but it not like it lacks power on hot days. it comes on boost quickly in first probly aornd 2000rpm. Im to scared to give it the bost from 1st to 4th its just getting a bit scary. its not laggy in 4th -5th crusing compared to many turbo car's.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #192
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

You rocked up with all the other fords last night at Mulgrave maccas. I was driving the black eb xr6 with no front bumper.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #193
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
You rocked up with all the other fords last night at Mulgrave maccas. I was driving the black eb xr6 with no front bumper.

Ah yeah mate is saw you! nice ca pity about the front bar

Old 08-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #194
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Ye someone in the carpark didnt like me and decided to put their towbar through it. Got a blue bar on there now. In for paint starting sunday with the body.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 10-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #195
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Hey guys,
My car is now for sale check it out in the for sale section...

Cheers Tristan

Old 10-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #196
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Another ORSM car for sale! Good luck with the sale Tristan, what are you replacing it with?

P.S. Are you selling the FTE display stand with the car? Man, I would kill for one of them, as its period correct for my T! Let me know if you willing to let it go.

Cheers,
Bud

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #197
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT-2
Another ORSM car for sale! Good luck with the sale Tristan, what are you replacing it with?

P.S. Are you selling the FTE display stand with the car? Man, I would kill for one of them, as its period correct for my T! Let me know if you willing to let it go.

Cheers,
Bud

Hey bud, At this stage im not going to be replacing it with anything. Ive accually put down the diplay stand to go with the car however if anyone purchasing doesn't want it it yours mate.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #198
DNKPWR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to see that your selling the car after 1 yr...Good luck with the sale mate!
Old 22-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #199
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

No really what is it with everyone selling their cars! Tristan man you've just spent heaps on the car making it awesome, or orsm, just to sell it!
Whats the reason for sale?
Old 23-10-2008, 05:57 AM   #200
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVL-XR
No really what is it with everyone selling their cars! Tristan man you've just spent heaps on the car making it awesome, or orsm, just to sell it!
Whats the reason for sale?
Tristan gives the reason in his For Sale Thread And it's a solid one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKPHN
Hey guys,

I’ve decided to sell my F6 typhoon, as I’ve just taken over as company director and own the business I used to work for, I have a daily driven car now and wish to invest my money in my business to help it grow.
Old 23-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #201
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeepers
Tristan gives the reason in his For Sale Thread And it's a solid one at that.

Cheers Kev couldn't have said it better myself!!

Old 29-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #202
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Hye guys the BLKPHN is up on carsales now as well..check it out by typing in my numberplate on the home page..

Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #203
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

I may be desmantling all the performance gear off the typhoon soon as ive got some interest. However i would prefer the car sold as a whole so if there are any interested partys please speak up.

Cheers tristan

Old 26-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #204
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
I may be desmantling all the performance gear off the typhoon soon as ive got some interest. However i would prefer the car sold as a whole so if there are any interested partys please speak up.

Cheers tristan

I couldn't do it to myself... ive kep all the performance stuff on... :evil3:

Old 10-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #205
A300srt8

Quote:
Hey all,

Well there is not much to be said about the build of my F6 as it is brand new.

What I will say is how i ended up with a F6,
One of our newer members to the ORSM club Chris ORSM06,
recently purchased a bionic F6 manual everything you could want.
Having known him for a while prior to his F6 and having driven his previous XR6t we met up and let me take his F6 for a drive........WELL how good are these things!! : : sooooo.... I went to Etheridge Ford and contacted Andrew Riley who was able to help me out with my own F6. and a few weeks later here it is!!!

The only mod to date is the custom plates BLKPHN speaks for its self i guess.

BFmkII F6 TYPHOON Manual, Leather, Climate, premium sound, FPV leather wheel, FPV floor matts, Brembo's. and all the other jazz that comes on FPV that makes them so much better than a normal Falcon.

Pics.

Can you please tell me were you had the photos done on the melbourne wharfs how do you get there??
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #206
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Docklands / North Wharf Road at the end of Bourke st
03 9305 3000

Old 11-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #207
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSCO1
Can you please tell me were you had the photos done on the melbourne wharfs how do you get there??

as theo said... They are all DIY... cheers Tristan

Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #208
Bakis
XR6ED

I've been to the area recently and sometimes its locked up cause of a fire department building getting built, cyclone fence blocking entry to the actual dock :(.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #209
A300srt8

Quote:
as theo said... They are all DIY... cheers Tristan
They are very good
Old 04-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #210
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Just a bit of an update,

Tyres Red walled.
Plazmaman mirror polished overflow tank.
Plazmaman mirror polished air box.
odessy battery.
Plazmaman 4" intake pipe.
K'N 4" air filter.

Pics.

Closed Thread