Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 12-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
MrsF6
FPVXRQLD Club Moderator

Default Gold Coast All Ford Day 14 October 2006

The FPV and XR Owners Club of QLD would like to take the opportunity to extend an invitation to the members of XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland to display their vehicles in this inaugural event.

The day will be held in participation to raise funds for the Children’s ward of the Gold Coast Hospital. It will be a family fun day with rides for the children, art displays, fun foods and events for all.

We have support of several firms involved in the motorsport community, the local police and other charitable organizations.

All in all this should be a awesome day and some thing the Gold Coast is clearly lacking. Any Ford of a resonable standard and age group is fine to enter. From a 4cyl ford to a V12 Ford Indigo to a F650. So start planning for this one guys

The Details
Event: Gold Coast All Ford Day
Date: 14th October 2006
(Heading south take the Middle Nerang exit off M1 turn left at intersection and follow it towards the coast you cant miss it.)
Show times for general public: 9am - 4pm
Entrants to be onsite between: 630am-730am
Cost to Show/Display your car: $10 for pre booking and $15 at the gate if room is available it is expected that spaces will be limited as word spreads so get in quick(Proceeds go to charity)

Street Fords Magazine will be covering the event along with other local Media

Sledgehammer is organising this one as will post up any additional information as it comes to hand. Also entry forms and Flyers will be attached to the thread shortly.

To make it easier for us to update the list we ask that you show your interest in here and we will update the list in the FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD thread, click Here to see updated list

Rapid - Leather - FPV Wheel - FPV Mats - BMC Filter - AWC Cold Air Induction - AWC Carbon Fibre Airbox & Computer Cover - Turbosmart BOV - 305.1 Hp - More to come soon :
NOW SOLD

BA GTP - Citric Acid

FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD

Check out our Club Website Here :hihi:

4th Gold Coast All Ford Day
August 2009

2nd Charity Auction Dinner/Cruise
Postponed till further notice
MrsF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
SP Ken

G'day All,

Our Gold Coast brothers and sisters have invited us to this one and it should be a corker. The bonus is that all money is going to a great cause. We want as many clubbies as possible to come along to be in our club display. Details will follow but mark it in your diary now. The Gold Coast in October, beautiful cars all with the Blue Oval badge and maybe even some of the local "wildlife" on display, you can't get much better than that.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 16-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Count me in.

Cheers
Jeff
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 01:14 AM   #4
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Here is a link to the entry form as well guys if you want to print some out and hand them around between you.

ENTRY FORM available below

http://members.optusnet.com.au/karl2...20DAY%2006.doc

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

always happy to help a good cause,we will be there.
Larko clan
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Thumbs up Gold Coast Ford Day

Count me in too, just need to get the day off, (minor detail!) :voldar02:
blkpuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Whats happening with this event? Are we going here as a club, or do we just fill out app form and go as individuals.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
BOSS 8
FG GT

The XR6 & XR8 Club will be attending as a Club but don't forget there is another All Ford Day on before the Gold Coast one.
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Hoops
I'm Back

Please note that we will be cutting off the pre enteries on 22-09-06 after this date we will only accept enteries on the day at $15 per car.

This is due to numbers already attending, scheduling and trophies etc.

Note: We will accept cars on the day.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #10
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

i live near the coast....i'll be there...

EB 2 XR8 - 5 Speed, All Black, SSV Bodykit,

EF 2 XR6 - 5 Speed, XR Kit, Sunroof,

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
EB 2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #11
Genghis
It's Clobberin' Time!

Default Entry Forms?

Are we submitting individual entry forms for this or is it already taken care of by the club as a group?

Former Fords:
2003 Blood Orange BA XR8
1993 Winter White XG S Ute
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #12
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis
Are we submitting individual entry forms for this or is it already taken care of by the club as a group?
We have not recieved any indication of final numbers from the XR Club, you can submit a entry form to confirm your spot and still display with them if you want
Old 18-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #13
Genghis
It's Clobberin' Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
We have not recieved any indication of final numbers from the XR Club, you can submit a entry form to confirm your spot and still display with them if you want
Thanks, Hoops.

Former Fords:
2003 Blood Orange BA XR8
1993 Winter White XG S Ute
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #14
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

just wondering if we show our cars, could we leave before 4pm?

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
Old 25-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #15
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB 2 XR8
just wondering if we show our cars, could we leave before 4pm?

If my memory serves me correctly, Hoops and Sledgehammer have emphasised that cars have to stay in place until after trophys and the end of the event due to insurance and health and safety risks.

There will be lots of people, once the car is in place it will need to stay until the day comes to a close. We cant have people leaving and potentially putting people attending at risk of being hit (even at slow speed) because our insurance cover stipulates that no vehicles are to move during the event. (Unless of course there is a major emergency, which would warrant special consideration from the FPV XR club executive members to allow and organise this safely)

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #16
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
If my memory serves me correctly, Hoops and Sledgehammer have emphasised that cars have to stay in place until after trophys and the end of the event due to insurance and health and safety risks.

There will be lots of people, once the car is in place it will need to stay until the day comes to a close. We cant have people leaving and potentially putting people attending at risk of being hit (even at slow speed) because our insurance cover stipulates that no vehicles are to move during the event. (Unless of course there is a major emergency, which would warrant special consideration from the FPV XR club executive members to allow and organise this safely)
oh cheers, guess i'll be a spectator as i have work at 3pm

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
Old 30-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #17
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:

If there are heath and safety concerns I hope the organisers have taken the necessary precautions like a properly thoughout evacuation plan in case there is a emergency.

As a project engineer for a major engineering construction company we look at all aspects of a project to minimise or eliminate risk to people and property.

If this is the level of safety management as outlined in the quotation above I will not take part.

Apart from the safety aspect I have spent all that money on a GT to have damaged at event like this.

Shane
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #18
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey,
I think i might come along just for a look see and bring my digital camera and take some photos. How much does it actually cost just for a spectator? And are there going to be many cars there?
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #19
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 2
If there are heath and safety concerns I hope the organisers have taken the necessary precautions like a properly thoughout evacuation plan in case there is a emergency.

As a project engineer for a major engineering construction company we look at all aspects of a project to minimise or eliminate risk to people and property.

If this is the level of safety management as outlined in the quotation above I will not take part.

Apart from the safety aspect I have spent all that money on a GT to have damaged at event like this.

I only answered the question based on my knowledge (as a regular member of the club, who has listened at meetings) and only because when the question was asked none of the executive members of the club were online and i knew that no cars are to leave until after the end of the show.

I wont address the health and safety aspect, but will briefly comment on it, because i dont know the ins and outs of the plan for the day. Rest assured, much planning has gone into this, the members of our club have put in alot of work to make sure the day is fun, but have decided to minimise risk by not allowing cars to be moving around the event while there are many many people around, including children(as it is a family fun day with other attractions aswell).

I will ask one of the exec members to address your concerns, but this day wouldnt go ahead if it were not safe and properly planned.

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 30-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #20
Blue Thunder 2

I wont address the health and safety aspect, but will briefly comment on it, because i dont know the ins and outs of the plan for the day. Rest assured, much planning has gone into this, the members of our club have put in alot of work to make sure the day is fun, but have decided to minimise risk by not allowing cars to be moving around the event while there are many many people around, including children(as it is a family fun day with other attractions aswell).

As Posted GC FordChick

My point exactly,

Has a proper risk assessment been done.

Shane.

Shane
Old 30-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #21
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
I only answered the question based on my knowledge (as a regular member of the club, who has listened at meetings) and only because when the question was asked none of the executive members of the club were online and i knew that no cars are to leave until after the end of the show.

I will ask one of the exec members to address your concerns, but this day wouldnt go ahead if it were not safe and properly planned.
If you read these parts again, you will see I (as a regular member not involved in planning because i am not president/treasurer/events coordinator etc) dont have the answer and i have asked more people with more information to answer this for you.

P.S It has not been my intention to mis-inform or mis-lead anyone in any way. I have only answered questions (to the best of my knowledge)because i thought people would appreciate a timely response and noone in a position of authority in my club was online at the time.

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 30-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #22
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

As Posted GC FordChick

My point exactly,

Shane.

All cars show have restrictions on movement of cars during the show.

Ian

As for risk management that would be in line with the carrara sports gound regulations i would think as this is on there property and they have the final say on the use of the grounds.
Old 30-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #23
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

As Posted GC FordChick

My point exactly,

Shane.

If you do not want to bring your car than do not bring it thats your right but don't start stiring stuff up that you have no idea about.

Ian
Old 30-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #24
Hoops
I'm Back

This event is a static display and as such that is how the insurance policy is set out any movement of vechiles between 9 am and 4 pm breaches this policy.

That said with there is emercency there will be evacution plans that are set out by the carrara sports ground controllers.
Old 30-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #25
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

I am driving a round trip of 4000ks, with a car on tow, spending over $1500 alone in trailer hire and fuel, knowing that the event is a highlight of all clubs concerned and that its raises funds for a worthwhile cause.

But being involved with car clubs now for over 12 years in various committee roles, not to mention time administrating this site and the old .com, it always amuses me to see the knockers jump in and voice their opinion in a vain attempt to detract from events at hand.

Should you wish to further discuss the event management of the static displays and associated risk assessment of your GT, this thread is not open to that here-forth and may I suggest to take it directly to the event organisers or through your own club president.

Thank you

Last edited by Laminge; 30-09-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Just wanted to add something. As the organiser of a similar event to GCAFD myself, I can assure you that before you can even get an event like this off the ground, you have to have everything covered. I'm sure you will already be aware that public liability insurance is not something easily obtained, it requires a lot of planning and contingency control - and evidence to show this has been done.

It comes down to this - if you don't like how something is planned or presented, don't be involved. But don't sit back and criticise or question something that you have on involvement in.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #27
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
This event is a static display and as such that is how the insurance policy is set out any movement of vechiles between 9 am and 4 pm breaches this policy.

That said with there is emercency there will be evacution plans that are set out by the carrara sports ground controllers.
Thank you Hoops

This should have been the answer EB 2 XR8's question

"just wondering if we show our cars, could we leave before 4pm?"

not the post I responded to

as posted up by GC FordChic.

The answer provide by Hoops has satisfied me that all safety aspects have been met and if this responce had been posted in the first place I would not have put up the post that I had posted as he is part of the events committee organising this event.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish the FPV & XR Owners club all the best for the day and I hope you raise plenty of money for the Children’s ward of the Gold Coast Hospital as my sister has had one of her children survive a life threatening illness.

Shane

Shane
Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #28
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Thank you Hoops

This should have been the answer EB 2 XR8's question

"just wondering if we show our cars, could we leave before 4pm?"

not the post I responded to

as posted up by GC FordChic.

The answer provide by Hoops has satisfied me that all safety aspects have been met and if this responce had been posted in the first place I would not have put up the post that I had posted as he is part of the events committee organising this event.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish the FPV & XR Owners club all the best for the day and I hope you raise plenty of money for the Children’s ward of the Gold Coast Hospital as my sister has had one of her children survive a life threatening illness.

Shane

Shane,

Some people i know appreciate timeliness, this was the reason i decided to respond, I gave an answer because i knew the simple answer to his question. If i had given no reason and not mentioned 'potential risk' 'spectator safety' and simply posted "No, they must stay in place for the entire event." would that have made you interrogate and attack me because i am not a member of the organising committee, but a mere member of the club that is organising it? I think anyone, be they a president/member or not of the club could post the answer if they know it, it is a public forum.

I was brief with the explanation, sorry if it was not to your standard and i am not the calibre you demanded an answer from. I have been quite offended by your manner, i believe it was quite rude towards me when i was only helping another forum user out.

Now....back on with the GCAFD talk...I'm EXCITED! :

Jennifer

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #29
Blue Thunder 2

Default Apologies To GCFordChic

Quote:
Shane,

Some people i know appreciate timeliness, this was the reason i decided to respond, I gave an answer because i knew the simple answer to his question. If i had given no reason and not mentioned 'potential risk' 'spectator safety' and simply posted "No, they must stay in place for the entire event." would that have made you interrogate and attack me because i am not a member of the organising committee, but a mere member of the club that is organising it? I think anyone, be they a president/member or not of the club could post the answer if they know it, it is a public forum.

I was brief with the explanation, sorry if it was not to your standard and i am not the calibre you demanded an answer from. I have been quite offended by your manner, i believe it was quite rude towards me when i was only helping another forum user out.

Now....back on with the GCAFD talk...I'm EXCITED! :

Jennifer
Jennifer,

Unfortunately the way your post was presented it raised more questions than it answered and looking back at my own post I could have approached this post a little more tactfully.

I have participated in the last two All Ford Days at Kedron and enjoyed to the max.

As an events committee team member of the X6 – XR8 Club of Qld I believe that only those people who are organising the event can present all the facts about the event. As an events committee team member of my own car club I can appreciate all the good planning and organisation that goes in to executing a day like this so everybody that can participate please support this event.

It was not my intention to offend you or the event, but as I thought needed to be provided, a clarification by Hoops or somebody who represents the committee organising the event.

Jennifer my deepest apologies, again It was not my intention to offended you and I hope this brings some closure to this particular part of this thread.

Again to the FPV – XR Club of Qld I wish the event all the success this events deserves an I look forward to not only reading about how good this day was on Ford Forums but form our own club website as our club is participating.

All the best

Shane.

Shane